Deaf/HoH Famous People

Steel said:
hmm? ur really blind? :shock: never actually knew that.
:jaw: Rachel I didn't know that either!!!! Wow! I am so impressed!!!

Steel said:
hmm? ur really blind? :shock: never actually knew that.

Well, I can see some but I have Ushers Syndrome. I "id" myself as a deafblind person rather than deaf peerson. I am sure there are some deafblind people here but they haven't posted anything. Thanks for asking.

CODAchild said:
Dr. Reginald Redding, Ph.D, first black Director at R.I. School for the Deaf.

that name seems familiar... I think he worked at MN State Academy for the Deaf as prinpical I think, not sure.. I will have to ask my sister..

lisartist said:
When my artwork becomes famous, I plan to join that list!

Lisa :cool:

There is already a famous deaf artist, Chuck Barid (sp?), I have met him few times- hes great artist. There is deafblind artist, Barry Segal- I have seen his artwork, they are very terrific, I think Barry is only deafblind artist out there.

By the way I would love to see your artwork.

I am sure there are some deafblind people here but they haven't posted anything.
Rachel, Hear Now is deaf-blind (she posts a lot in the CI forum) and Lady Duke is also deaf blind (she hasn't posted in awhile thou)

Anthony Natale <~~~ My old High school... I applaud him become in Deaf Star.. (chuckles)

John Limmonds <~~~ Short term was actoress Lessor of God Children ( I forgot) He speak HOH and call'n "ASSHOLE" LOL He was former my high school too.. Rest of other Deaf peoples who were invovled short casting too.. Not even "Recoglize 110%

Deaf-Blind famous Helen Keller....

Here in the UK we have a deaf tv show and the presenter called Clive Mason is quite famous as he's been presenting for a long time, I had him in some of my lectures! :mrgreen:

There have chatline to leave the message and later will replied the message to you.

I did send message to Marlee Matlin through by her email and She been so busy a lot and traveling to help with deaf people all over the nation and help with poor people too. I see her with her husband and 2 kids at Maui Marriott Resort Hotel at Lahiana,Maui island and they been eating at our restuarant in Maui Marriott Resort and I was shocked to see her there and just want to say hi and saw her movie and I did not have the camera that day at my work and was going to take photo with her and me over there. But damn I did not know about her was there already. and again she laid down to get some tanning and I seen her wearing swim suit and she come back to my restuarant for supper and I see her face really glow! Wow she is so gorgeous to me. It was nice to know her and I asked her where she graduated and she said she graduated from Hersey High School from Chicago,Illinois and she graduated class of 1984. It was nice to know of her. So I let her enjoy eat her food and I get back to work as bus boy and stock food and sliverware also cleaning there too. She was observant what I was doing there while she is eating. So she said will come back again in the near future. So I said ok fine. Her kids really cute. I heard that she is having another baby going to be 3rd kids but not surely if she going to have 3rd kids too. ok anyway. I goes to Illinois School for the Deaf and it was closer to chicago from my school that where MM goes to Hersey High School it is about 200 miles.

How are they famous?? Hearing people probably don't know who they are.

I think "Who are the well-known people in the Deaf community" would be more accurate question.

after the vikings training camp.. we went to a local mall. there's many vikings players there shopping with their family or friends.. no one knows they're vikings player. it seems like people don't pay attention to famous people in public areas..

i think this is the same thing for deaf famous people. heh?

racheleggert said:
There is already a famous deaf artist, Chuck Barid (sp?), I have met him few times- hes great artist. There is deafblind artist, Barry Segal- I have seen his artwork, they are very terrific, I think Barry is only deafblind artist out there.

By the way I would love to see your artwork.
I will look for this Chuck Barid artist on Google.
You can see my artwork on my website listed in my signature.
One of my good friends is a greeting card artist and used to work for a company called "Current".
I will get her web site address and post it here.

Lisa

Greg Livadas, Deafness Reporter
Profile of Greg Livadas, a reporter for the Rochester, New York Democrat and Chronicle newspaper who has written numerous articles on deaf-related topics.

Amy Ecklund
Amy Ecklund is a deaf actress who has a cochlear implant.

Anthony Natale Howie Seago
Two of the best deaf actors around today.

C.J. Jones
A look at the career of this longtime deaf African American actor and comedian.

Christy Smith
An episode of "Survivor" included a deaf contestant, Christy Smith.

Curtis Pride
A contemporary baseball player who is deaf.

Deanne Bray
Read about Deanne Bray, the deaf star of the program Sue Thomas, FBEye.

Lou Ferrigno
A bodybuilder and actor with hearing loss.

Marlee Matlin Terrylene
Two well-known deaf actresses, one of whom has won an Academy Award.

Michelle Banks
Michelle Banks, an African American deaf performer.

Phyllis Frelich Linda Bove
A look at the careers of two of the most respected deaf actresses.

Rush Limbaugh
Rush Limbaugh experienced sudden deafness.

Shoshannah Stern
Profile of Shoshannah Stern, a deaf actress beginning to make her mark.

Heather Whitestone
first deaf Miss America

Terrylane gradute same school where flyfree went.. intersting?

Levonian said:
Has anybody mentioned Shoshannah Stern yet?

I was thinking the same thing whilst reading through this thread. :)

She needs more recognisation ;)..give her support! She has potiential.

Back