Deaf dating sites?

Aw heck, you're the one with the knack to know it.

Let me put it this way-- a few weeks back, one of the mods had a typo, and it went unchanged until I spotted it, and let that person know about it. Now, that wasn't the only one I caught-- I caught another one last week. This is the 3rd one this month I've seen.

Let me put it this way-- a few weeks back, one of the mods had a typo, and it went unchanged until I spotted it, and let that person know about it. Now, that wasn't the only one I caught-- I caught another one last week. This is the 3rd one this month I've seen.

Speaking of typos, as a matter of fact, I caught one of your typos earlier today on a thread you started titled "Father dies protecting daughter; man charged with murder and hate crime". The Father was spelled as Fathet. I debated whether to say anything or not. I figured with someone of your knack would fix it sooner or later. Apparently you DID fix it after awhile.

Ok, cool, more power to you for having that knack. Carry on.

Speaking of typos, as a matter of fact, I caught one of your typos earlier today on a thread you started titled "Father dies protecting daughter; man charged with murder and hate crime". The Father was spelled as Fathet. I debated whether to say anything or not. I figured with someone of your knack would fix it sooner or later. Apparently you DID fix it after awhile.

Guilty as charged. I was using my phone to create that particular thread, and didn't realize I had it until I saw it later on and fixed it.

plentyoffishes.com I think AND speeddate.com but I quit both of them cuz guys never learned to take it easy they were too aggressive wanted to meet me right away i was like eh... lol I figured guys never learn to take it easy online as well I am watching out for my back.. ;) so but so far for dating I don't date that much but last time I dated was back in nov.. he was kinda of aggressive so I told him I chose school over dating he got psised lol :D

I've typed dead for deaf many times, not a big deal. It's OK I needed the laugh. I know my posts have grammar and typo errors, especially at night when my tinnitus is rip roaring crazy. I'm far from perfect with written english. If someone has the time and wants to be my grammar nazi........go for it!!!!!! I won't even charge you. hahahaha

How nice for you.

There's no reason to brag about it either. I find it best if you do find some error- to just PM the person who wrote the post and/or catch a mod to fix it (too bad there isn't a pager system here).

I've seen Dead and Death as typos for Deaf many times lol...

plentyoffishes.com I think AND speeddate.com but I quit both of them cuz guys never learned to take it easy they were too aggressive wanted to meet me right away i was like eh... lol I figured guys never learn to take it easy online as well I am watching out for my back.. ;) so but so far for dating I don't date that much but last time I dated was back in nov.. he was kinda of aggressive so I told him I chose school over dating he got psised lol :D

I think it's still best to meet people in person. Group atmospheres are best. I wouldn't trust online dating because people can be totally fake. I hope you can find that special person who treats you with nothing but respect.

By the way I grew up in San Jose, graduated high school there. Have you lived there your whole life. You can PM me if you don't want to share here. Just curious.

Hi,

Are there any dating sites based for deaf/hard-of-hearing people? I saw a few comments suggesting Facebook groups was a place to meet people though it's mainly a much older crowd on those sites (40+)

If there isn't, why isn't there? is that for a reason? Perhaps there's not enough interest to run a site specifically for hard-of-hearing/deaf people?

What do others think?
I think the deaf world is just too small for a "dating site". Too much gossip and misinformation, it just would not work. Not for me, anyway!

I think the deaf world is just too small for a "dating site". Too much gossip and misinformation, it just would not work. Not for me, anyway!

You're right about that but how else is a deaf person supposed to meet other deaf people in areas where there isn't any/much deaf people?

Online dating is not for everyone.... dating site, forum, chat rooms etc. Some works, some don't. Online and real life is totally different and it is easy to fraud people online especially the age and fake photos.

If they wish to pursue online dating should use caution and take the time. You don't trust someone online that quick. You have to see him/her in person to see their personality and see how things going and earn the trust and respect.

Well, to be fair, if a deaf guy meets finds a deaf woman online(and there is some attraction) he has to move quick. Chances are that woman is being asked out by a bunch of hearing guys so competition is brutal.

He who waits loses dates..

I had met a few people off a site called DeafSinglesConnection. However, it is best to meet people face to face and later consider dating over meeting people online on a dating site for so many [obvious] reasons. Many people online mask their true identity and character then when one meets that person, he/she will realize that person is totally different from who he/she claimed to be. There also can be trust issues. It'd definitely be a waste of time and money to meet someone online then later in real life and discover the person was not who you thought the person was. Love as a term is thrown around too easily and people may seem to click online, but often isn't the case in person.

Well, to be fair, if a deaf guy meets finds a deaf woman online(and there is some attraction) he has to move quick. Chances are that woman is being asked out by a bunch of hearing guys so competition is brutal.

He who waits loses dates..

It is better to see if there is a real attraction in person, one that is not only physical, but emotional.

I have never gone online dating service before. I don't want to. It is better to just be with friends until someone click with me. Gotta have some kind of connection to the person that I like him and he like me. This is not the end of the world. :)

I have been married twice so that is enough for me. I am contented to be single. I just want to be with friends if I can find them again. If not, then I will have to start looking for new friends here in Santa Fe. **sigh**

I have never gone online dating service before. I don't want to. It is better to just be with friends until someone click with me. Gotta have some kind of connection to the person that I like him and he like me. This is not the end of the world. :)

I have been married twice so that is enough for me. I am contented to be single. I just want to be with friends if I can find them again. If not, then I will have to start looking for new friends here in Santa Fe. **sigh**

Yeah, it is better to meet date someone you have already met in person so that way you will be more comfortable knowing that person's physical appearance, character, and whether or not there's chemistry. It is hard to tell if there's chemistry when meeting people online, you know.

I am sorry to hear you have been married twice. :thumbd:

Yeah, it is better to meet date someone you have already met in person so that way you will be more comfortable knowing that person's physical appearance, character, and whether or not there's chemistry. It is hard to tell if there's chemistry when meeting people online, you know.

I am sorry to hear you have been married twice. :thumbd:

My first husband was a jerk.

My second husband passed away last June 6th of 2012. I am a widow. He was much better than my ex-husband. Rest In Peace. :(

Back