Deaf and HOH are lucky!

Maybe so. I was always taught the Deaf are damn proud to be dead. And I admire that viewpoint! I've never met any HOH or late deafened people, so I really have only spoken to people who were born deaf. People who aren't missing out lol

I doubt it. I doubt everything.

But I guess you are providing the morning's amusement for a few people. :ugh:

I bet that deaf cats and deaf ferrets are smiling and wondering why deaf people are insulted about feeling lucky being deaf. If a person told a deaf cat that they were lucky to be deaf, deaf cat will just beg for more catnips. What is/was all this lucky to be deaf thing all about?

Maybe so. I was always taught the Deaf are damn proud to be dead. And I admire that viewpoint! I've never met any HOH or late deafened people, so I really have only spoken to people who were born deaf. People who aren't missing out lol

yea until i married my hub who was born deaf but deaf oral. I can see how different between us but he accepts the way Deaf peeps are and I accept the way deaf oral, hoh or late deaf peeps are. He told me that he wishes that he was born in a Deaf world so he would not miss out of Deaf world when he was a kid. so he has a habit of speaking, being around with hearing people but he do participate with Deaf organzaitons lately better than I am. ha

I bet that deaf cats and deaf ferrets are smiling and wondering why deaf people are insulted about feeling lucky being deaf. If a person told a deaf cat that they were lucky to be deaf, deaf cat will just beg for more catnips. What is/was all this lucky to be deaf thing all about?

Just get them tons of catnips so they can be happy getting buzzed.

Wirelessly posted

AshleyRenee88 said:
Interesting. i was born Deaf too. i notice anyone who were born Deaf and have been exposed to the Deaf world therefore they would not feel offended more often than others. i just wonder if it is the case. :ugh3:

Maybe so. I was always taught the Deaf are damn proud to be deaf. And I admire that viewpoint! I've never met any HOH or late deafened people, so I really have only spoken to people who were born deaf. People who aren't missing out lol

Funny when people think they know me.

Just was making a joke that y'all are lucky not to hear the crap people say. But too bad we read it ;) lol I'm just being silly. Please don't get offended.

Can't argue an opinion ;) and I was only being silly...I'm that sarcastic person.

There was no way to tell if you where being sarcastic or serious or silly. And I still find this hard to believe , I think you really think deaf and hoh are lucky. And that is a load of crap!

sometimes some people come on here and make comments that are hurtful or silly/ignorant to many people. But not to all. But sometimes it may serve a person better to think about the community they're stepping into, and how what they might put out in a situation where there's only the text to go by - how that can come across to that community as a whole.

One of my co-workers said that I am lucky that I can't hear our supervisor who always yells at people which drives him crazy. I laughed my ass off. I was not offended at all.

I hate people who feel sorry for me because I am deaf.

One of my co-workers said that I am lucky that I can't hear our supervisor who always yells at people which drives him crazy. I laughed my ass off. I was not offended at all.

yeah. Im sure that you knew what some people dislikes to be told that they are lucky when they are not in the same world where the majority people are based on the experience life.

Me too. But i get use to someone who told me that they feel sorry for me. I told them, "really sorry for me, i feel sorry for you guys who thinks that way about me. " :dunno2:

And really that's all I meant! Not that anyone's actually lucky to not hear. I surely don't feel sorry for anyone that's deaf. It's the cards life has given you, and we should all be so grateful.

I'm 4'11, and people make fun of me bc I'm short :) but I love being short! Except when I have to use a stool to reach things! :P

Back