Deaf and HOH are lucky!

stick it around and learn each of us. :giggle:

I probably will. I won't let one person ruin my experience. I'm a very nice person. I just dislike people who are easily offended. Anyways! How are you?

Did my paragraph offend you in anyway? It wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Nah.. you reminds me of my old childhood buddy who was hearing. one time she told us that we were lucky about being Deaf and have our own Deaf world, and awesome Deaf culture. I told her " whatever but dont use that words to others who are sensitive about it due to the experience differently" my friends and i were born Deaf and use to it. But i learn more from Deaf or deaf oral, HOH or late deaf people who have different experiences than what we Deafies have. Of course everyone is different.

Wirelessly posted

I was not offended. I was trying to tell you that being deaf is not lucky, and hearing is not to be taken for granted. But it seemed you are too cocky to take advice or to use it as a teaching moment. You came off highly defensive.

Yes I guess that makes sense to have every thing change. But I said deaf people are lucky, not HOH, lol. Just saying. Thanks for putting that into perspective :)

I know what you were saying. That we, deafies are lucky not being able to hear unwanted noises around us. No big deal! Those people who are easily offended by your comment are obviously not happy as being deaf and yet they joined alldeaf.com. Ignore them! Nice to meet you, anyway. :wave:

Wirelessly posted

Frisky Feline said:
Did my paragraph offend you in anyway? It wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Nah.. you reminds me of my old childhood buddy who was hearing. one time she told us that we were lucky about being Deaf and have our own Deaf world, and awesome Deaf culture. I told her " whatever but dont use that words to others who are sensitive about it due to the experience differently" my friends and i were born Deaf and use to it. But i learn more from Deaf or deaf oral, HOH or late deaf people who have different experiences than what we Deafies have. Of course everyone is different.

Goofing off with friends joking with each other is much different than approaching strangers making a joke. We dont know her nor she knows us

Wirelessly posted

No it did not offend me. If you read my first post I was on your side by stating your comment was not intentional.

Not sure why you kept going then...that other rant about people not being helpful was not directed towards you, nor was the low self esteem comment.

I know what you were saying. That we, deafies are lucky not being able to hear unwanted noises around us. No big deal! Those people who are easily offended by your comment are obviously not happy as being deaf and yet they joined alldeaf.com. Ignore them! Nice to meet you, anyway. :wave:

Were you born Deaf? just curious as a curious kitty. mew

Wirelessly posted

Goofing off with friends joking with each other is much different than approaching strangers making a joke. We dont know her nor she knows us

Ok. I do not know her either. She seems ok for me.

It's nice to meet you too!! I'm glad some of you aren't taking offense to this! Thats exactly what I meant ;) just making light of a situation.

Yes. Deaf Power!

Interesting. i was born Deaf too. i notice anyone who were born Deaf and have been exposed to the Deaf world therefore they would not feel offended more often than others. i just wonder if it is the case. :ugh3:

Wirelessly posted

AshleyRenee88 said:
Wirelessly posted

No it did not offend me. If you read my first post I was on your side by stating your comment was not intentional.

Not sure why you kept going then...that other rant about people not being helpful was not directed towards you, nor was the low self esteem comment.

Nor certain comments were directed to you. I was saying people in general about low self esteem as well.

:lol:

I had to look at my calendar to make sure today wasn't April Fool's Day.

Interesting. i was born Deaf too. i notice anyone who were born Deaf and have been exposed to the Deaf world therefore they would not feel offended more often than others. i just wonder if it is the case. :ugh3:

Maybe so. I was always taught the Deaf are damn proud to be deaf. And I admire that viewpoint! I've never met any HOH or late deafened people, so I really have only spoken to people who were born deaf. People who aren't missing out lol

Last edited:
Back