Dead Couple to Be Married

Nancy

Reaction score
Dead Couple to Be Married

URL: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=583&e=2&u=/nm/20040827/od_nm/odd_safrica_wedding_dc

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A South African man who shot his pregnant fiance dead before killing himself will be posthumously married to her at the weekend.

Police Captain Mohale Ramatseba said David Masenta shot 25-year-old Mgwanini Molomo after a quarrel before turning the gun on himself. But Johannesburg's Sowetan newspaper said family and friends wanted to remember them as a happy couple destined for a happy life together.

The groom's corpse would be dressed in a cream suit and his bride's in a gown for the ceremony, at which a priest in the rural village of Ceres in Limpopo will bless the union before the two are buried, the Sowetan said.

"In African culture, there is no death -- there is merely the separation of body and soul," said cultural expert Mathole Motshekga. "It is also important because the families are married together."

"This does not mean the relationship has irretrievably broken down."

he shot a woman who's carrying a baby to death and then he commited sucide and now they are both dead (along with the fetus) and they want them to be married and they are HAPPY about that?

fuckin' nasty, man!

Last edited:
Steel said:
he shot a woman who's carrying a baby to death and then he commited sucide and now they are both dead (along with the fetus) and they want them to be married and they are HAPPY about that?
I agree, that is too weird, sick. If that happened to my daughter, I would definitely not allow that creep's body anywhere near my daughter's grave!

Reba said:
I agree, that is too weird, sick. If that happened to my daughter, I would definitely not allow that creep's body anywhere near my daughter's grave!
fuckin' straight!

As society advances, the weirdness of our society advances with it.

Richard

How is that supposed to make them legally married if they're unable to say, 'I do.'? :roll:

PurpleRose71 said:
How is that supposed to make them legally married if they're unable to say, 'I do.'? :roll:

Maybe they had a ventriloquist? Or someone spoke for them. :dunno:

It reminded me of a similar case. It involved a jew who hid with the Frank Family in Amsterdam. His name was Fritz or something. He was going to marry this non-jew lady. But never did. However, after his death like 7 years later or something, his fiancee got a special permission to marry him even though he was deceased. She took his surname.... So, is that crazy?

But I have to admit this marrying of a dead couple is taking it too far. :crazy:

PurpleRose71 said:
damn good question!.....they cant be legally married if they are deader than doorknob! totally ridiculous!! :crazy:

You are talking about the dentist? :) Fritz was really his last surname, but in the Anne Frank book, it was Dr. Dussell. :)

Nancy

Miss-Delectable said:
Maybe they had a ventriloquist? Or someone spoke for them. :dunno:

It reminded me of a similar case. It involved a jew who hid with the Frank Family in Amsterdam. His name was Fritz or something. He was going to marry this non-jew lady. But never did. However, after his death like 7 years later or something, his fiancee got a special permission to marry him even though he was deceased. She took his surname.... So, is that crazy?

But I have to admit this marrying of a dead couple is taking it too far. :crazy:

Nancy said:
You are talking about the dentist? :) Fritz was really his last surname, but in the Anne Frank book, it was Dr. Dussell. :)

Nancy

Hi Nancy,
Yes, that was the dentist I was talking about. I just recently learnt of his real name but since has forgotten his christian name except for surname Fritz.

This may sure sound strange and absurd to a lot of people, but perhaps we might not know enough about their customs or beliefs that well enough to understand the scope of them marrying this dead couple...but I find it really hard to believe that they are doing this AFTER knowing that this man shot the lady and then committing suicide...now that's even more bizarre!!! :crazy:

:barf: that is so sick.. he should be in mental hospital but last thing I know it's too late cuz he took her life then his own life for what? :roll:

Back