Data plan only, no voice plan

diehardbiker65 said:
I know what you mean, what the orignal subject here is about device withOUT anything to do with voice. You can NOT disable the voice feature on any wireless devices. That is the whole point. I PERSONALLY do NOT need voice feature, but I was FORCED to have it and PAY 20 cents a minute if my device was accidently dial out or recieve calls. HAPPENS to me, I have to fight with Tmo, and FCC.
I then just response what I recieve response from FCC... THey don't give DAMN about deafies, and refused to do anything about voice mandatory.

It's not the FCC fault if you aren't careful enough with your sk2. What's the big deal? All you need to do is be careful, then it won't cost you anything.

As for me, I've turned off voicemail on my Blackberry. I never get charged for voice calls that way.

Tmobile has the best price. I have not heard of any of the others providing a data only plan like Tmo's.

Im not speaking for blaming. You forgot I am completely deaf and can NOT hear if the button was accidently pressed. It was DAMN light n easy to press accidently, even if your so carefully! I am speaking for WHERE IS MY CHOICES???? DO FCC expect me to mircale become able to use voice part of the device??? This is FAR beyond the IMPOSSIBLE! I do NOT want FCC to tell me what to do with my devices!!! WHere is the freedom?

PLUS I am NOT the only one who have this problem!!! Other deafies have same problem and is frustrated by FCC regulations.

The pager was once without voice plan was OGO! But the sad thing is that it is going out of business.

Im trying to stay on subject, I know "Non-Tmobile" and I STILL qualified because I haven't tried other devices anyway! I DO want to know what offers 100000000% pure data only plans. PERIOD!

dkf747 said:
It's not the FCC fault if you aren't careful enough with your sk2. What's the big deal? All you need to do is be careful, then it won't cost you anything.

As for me, I've turned off voicemail on my Blackberry. I never get charged for voice calls that way.

Tmobile has the best price. I have not heard of any of the others providing a data only plan like Tmo's.

DIEHARD blackberries can be 100% voice barred no voice at all and no way for mistakes to be made might wanna try that instead of sk2 I have done the research and I do apologize but u were correct that sk2 does have data only plan but no way to bar voice calls but like I said try the BB 7100t it does have tty and can be 100% voice barred give em a call u can prob upgrade and the rebate on them right now makes em cheaper than sk2's hope this helps a lil :applause: :applause:

diehardbiker65 said:
Im not speaking for blaming. You forgot I am completely deaf and can NOT hear if the button was accidently pressed. It was DAMN light n easy to press accidently, even if your so carefully! I am speaking for WHERE IS MY CHOICES???? DO FCC expect me to mircale become able to use voice part of the device??? This is FAR beyond the IMPOSSIBLE! I do NOT want FCC to tell me what to do with my devices!!! WHere is the freedom?

You are free not to push the button. You're complaint about the button should go to the makers of the SK2. Sorry, but FCC is not forcing you to do anything.

Im trying to stay on subject, I know "Non-Tmobile" and I STILL qualified because I haven't tried other devices anyway! I DO want to know what offers 100000000% pure data only plans. PERIOD!

As I said, I have not heard of any others.

why need data if you simple use SMS (text-message) which is worldwide to every mobile phone connect to your family, friend and business.

Data < SMS

Hi,

I am looking for buy the Timeport P935 for the email and text only. Also under
$12 or less per monthly service for the email and text only. Do you have any idea?

Thank you,
Deafbear

Bb 8100

Hello

I have BB 8100g I was put keyboard lock to prevent accident to dial-out number.

T-mobile is does not block voice service and if could happened press wrong key accident and you will not being credited to your account.... when you call 911 Emergency Service you will not being billed...

3 years later... att owns tmobile. :D

Hi,
I could like to buy the timeport P935 under $200 or less? If you have one?

Thank you,
Deafbear

Wow! Talk about a topic being the focus of T-Mobile! *shrug*

To the original poster, I'd say that if you want a data-only plan for AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon, you might want to see an audiologist to get a document saying that you're deaf and you want to sign up for a data-only plan, also known as text-accessibility plan, or TAP.

Wow! Talk about a topic being the focus of T-Mobile! *shrug*

To the original poster, I'd say that if you want a data-only plan for AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon, you might want to see an audiologist to get a document saying that you're deaf and you want to sign up for a data-only plan, also known as text-accessibility plan, or TAP.

This thread was started almost 3 year ago when TAP plan or Sprint Data plan wasn't avalible yet. So it quite an old thread that was brought back again to the top.

Eh! Didn't look at the dates!!

It can get quite annoying when someone digs up an old thread...

There's no way I'll buy that $400 pager with 4.5MB of total memory.

No freaking way.

Yes! $400 for 4.5MB of memory!

How much does 2GB of Desktop DDR2 RAM cost? $35? Man, that's cheap!

That pager is outdated and the price should be removed or dropped substantually (like big time)!

Or maybe they have the price so high up, since pagers are pretty scarce these days... :(

That's sooooo old school and it should charge such a 2 cent worth of flipping crap service! To hell with it, thank god for better technology!!

Back