Curious for CI, Can u ride at Amusement Park?

LOL! I noticed that...seems I forgot to draw a line between teeth but it's just a cartoon anyway, doesn't have to be perfect.

You notice I didn't say anything bad about it.

I was just admiring her teeth! ;)

well, I've lost my shoe before. My husband lost his keys (but found it.. the remote got broken though)

I keep my processor in my fanny pack if i have no one to look after it. I also use my belt loop of my pants to secure my fanny pack in case it does become undone (unbuckled)... That is, I use my fanny pack as my belt. I don't want to lose my fanny pack either.

On vigorous rides, I take my CI off. The thrill is enough for me and I wouldn't forgive myself if it ever fell off during the ride. In go-karts and softcore rides, I leave my CI on.

Sometimes I will take off my implant for rides. (we go to Kings Island in Kings,OHIO) there was this ride called the Diamondback, and it has like a really really steep hilll that goes down without a warning like the other rides usually do. I will take off my CI and HA for a wet ride. But I never take off my HA because it stays in my ear. But my implant wont at times. I can keep it on if i'm going on a small ride with my sister because the rollar coster isnt wild enough to force the implant off my head.

But if i'm riding the beast, the vortex, or the diamondback I WILL take off my implant.

Would you ever consider putting your implant in your pants pocket when going on a ride so you can prevent your implant falling off your head when riding? My dad thinks its best for me to do that. Sometimes I just rather put it in a bowl without it getting crushed by something instead of my pockets.

When we take my daughter to amusement parks, she keeps her CI on for most rides. For 'wet' rides, it gets taken off, in addition to fast rides where your head gets jerked around (like roller coasters) and it might pop off.

I also do not let her go on any rides with warnings prohibiting people with pace makers. A lot of the newer roller coasters have these warnings because of the magnets they use. Advanced Bionics warns that you should avoid these rides completely because even with the external components off, the magnets are strong enough to reverse the polarity of the implant.

Side note: They also warn not to stick your head near the engine of a hybrid car (or underneath it) because of the magnets in the engine. Who would have thought, lol?

My sister's friend is deaf. Well, she uses CI. Welllll, on one ride, it actually fell off. And thankfully, they found it. I think it was under the roller coaster or something.

But I know that didn't happen on the other rides she went on. I guess just that ride...haha.

So I don't think it'd be a problem to bring it.

My sister's friend is deaf. Well, she uses CI. Welllll, on one ride, it actually fell off. And thankfully, they found it. I think it was under the roller coaster or something.

But I know that didn't happen on the other rides she went on. I guess just that ride...haha.

So I don't think it'd be a problem to bring it.

The danger is the internal implant shorting out from static. That is what people are worrying about here.

Well, yeah. I don't suggest people should wear it on all the rides. I only know very little about CIs. Obviously they can't get wet. ha.

It depends on the ride. The ones that go too fast and upside down might be better to take off your implant. Once my son was on a bummper car rides and someone hit is car really hard his implant goes flying off and gets run over by another car. The implant was bent but still work well for another 2 years.

I just wonder if anyone with CI can ride at Amusement Park? (I know stupid Q's but I'm just curious) :hmm:

***I'm wearing HAs by the way*** ;)

Back