Crikey. Crocadile Hunter, Steve Irwin, Dead.

Don't cry—since you like monkeys so much, I’ll see what I can do to get you a copy. Do you have a DVD burner and a copy of Nero? If so, maybe you can talk Alex into hosting the files on AllDeaf for a week or two.

hahah :nana: lol cause I never see Steve Irwin on the tv show for long time which I didnt reazlied wanna watch it dang lol :nana: lol

Yes I do have dvd Burner and also I have nero :)

Funeral plans announced

I didn't see anyone post this, so I hope this isn't a repost.

I found an article detailing the funeral plans for Steve.

Australia's 'Crocodile Hunter' has private funeral - Yahoo! News

Australia's 'Crocodile Hunter' has private funeral

Sun Sep 10, 6:31 AM ET

SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian wildlife TV star Steve Irwin will be buried in the grounds of his family's zoo after a private service was held at the weekend.

Family and friends gathered for a private service at a chapel in the small town of Caloundra near Irwin's Australia Zoo in the northeastern state of Queensland on Saturday, the Sunday Mail reported.

Staff at the zoo would not confirm the funeral had been held, saying only that a private ceremony would be followed by a public memorial service within two weeks.

"Yesterday's service was a service for family and good friends, people who were close to Steve in recent years," the newspaper quoted a friend of Irwin's as saying.

"The council gave the family permission to bury Steve at the zoo and we think they're going to erect a monument there so visitors can continue to pay their respects."

The paper said Irwin's body was taken from the funeral home to the zoo, where he was expected to be buried in a ceremony at dusk on Saturday or dawn on Sunday.

Close friend and "Crocodile Hunter" producer John Stainton said he had promised the Irwin family he would not publicly discuss the funeral.

He said a family member, probably Irwin's father Bob, would talk about the funeral at a news conference on Monday.

Asked whether he could confirm the funeral had taken place, Stainton said the family had asked him not to speak to the media about it.

"We just sort of had a quiet weekend to try and get our thoughts back together and have some time," he said.

Stainton said plans for a public memorial service were being worked on and details would be released Monday.

Friends said Irwin had always wanted to be buried at the zoo, and his family declined offers of a state funeral.

Irwin's father Bob said the ebullient star would not have wanted a state funeral "because he's just an ordinary guy, and he wants to be remembered as an ordinary bloke".

Irwin is survived by his American wife Terri, an eight-year-old daughter Bindi and three-year-old Robert.

Since the death, they have been secluded at the zoo, where a massive shrine of flowers, notes and personal mementoes have been laid by thousands of fans of television's wildlife warriors.

Yeah , Oceanbreeze

I read that yesterday I think :)

I don't remember if I saw this yesterday or not. I think I saw it for the first time this evening, so I thought I would post it. I hope it's not a repost. This thread is getting to be pretty long now, so it's possible someone else might've posted this before me. :lol:

I don't remember if I saw this yesterday or not. I think I saw it for the first time this evening, so I thought I would post it. I hope it's not a repost. This thread is getting to be pretty long now, so it's possible someone else might've posted this before me. :lol:

Ohh lol who cares if it is repost?? LOL nah it is ok just like ppl dont pay attetion lol :lol:

I've heard about Steve on my trip to Reno, I was floored, speechless and couldn't believe it. I admire this guy for so long, for who he was as a person. He would always be remembered as long as I live...

Rest in peace, Steve! ;)

I saw that link earlier and was apalled by this. Killing those stingrays is not the answer to everything. Personally, I know Steve Irwin would not want this to happen. This is not what he wanted. Killing those stingrays is not going to bring Steve back either.

Of course when you approach a stingray, You are supposed to take caution but it doesn't mean you can kill them just because you wanted to for no reason.

10 Stingrays Killed Since Irwin's Death

10 Stingrays Killed Since Irwin's Death

By MERAIAH FOLEY
Associated Press Writer

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- At least 10 stingrays have been killed since "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin was fatally injured by one of the fish, an official said Tuesday, prompting a spokesman for the late TV star's animal charity to urge people not take revenge on the animals.

Irwin died last week after a stingray barb pierced his chest as he recorded a show off the Great Barrier Reef.

Stingray bodies since have been discovered on two beaches in Queensland state on Australia's eastern coast. Two were discovered Tuesday with their tails lopped off, state fisheries department official Wayne Sumpton said.

Sumpton said fishermen who inadvertently catch the diamond-shaped rays sometimes cut off their tails to avoid being stung, but the practice was uncommon. Stingrays often are caught in fishing nets by mistake and should be returned to the sea, Sumpton said.

Michael Hornby, the executive director of Irwin's Wildlife Warriors conservation group, said he was concerned the rays were being hunted and killed in retaliation for Irwin's death.

"It may be some sort of retribution, or it may be fear from certain individuals, or it just may be yet another callous act toward wildlife," he said.

He said killing stingrays was "not what Steve was about."

"We are disgusted and disappointed that people would take this sort of action to hurt wildlife," he said.

Stingrays are usually shy, unobtrusive fish that rummage the sea bottom for food or burrow into the sand.

They have a serrated spine up to 10 inches long on their tails, which they can lash when stepped on or otherwise frightened.

The spines emit toxins that can kill many small creatures and cause excruciating pain in humans. Few people have died from the poison, but the spines can badly tear flesh and the wounds are prone to infections, including tetanus.

Hornby said people should treat stingrays with caution, but "there is still no need to ... kill or mutilate these important animals."

Cañon City Daily Record Newspaper

As revenge is not necassary... *sigh*

Beautiful picture... Where you get it from? Do you make it?

I save it in my file for my artwork...

Liebling and DeafMonkey - I wish I made it myself as I received it from my email buddy.

Liebling and DeafMonkey - I wish I made it myself as I received it from my email buddy.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh! thought you made lol :lol: I will make my own tomorrow hehe :giggle: cause I am bored!!! cant walk with my ankle till get better blah :lol:

Crikey.jpg

I made this in few days ago :)

Damn! Monkeyhead that one great photo image you made there.. Can I save it on my screensaver? I want to ask you for permission first-hand.

Back