Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

Now, I **think** the gist of what Jiro is attempting to convey, is that when a person says "I'll kill him!" or ""I'll kill her!" after learning of some alarming news - like for example, a person pulled a prank on someone, and the person whom the prank was pulled on utters those words, then laughs ...

That isn't a death threat. That is a common utterance, and the content of how it is said is important.

But, take for example, a complete stranger, someone whom you have never met before, approaches you and says "I'm going to kill you" - then that is most definitely a threat.

See the difference now?

The word threat is very precise, and has a specific meaning. there is no confusion of what is, or is not a threat. A close friend saying "I'm going to kill you" after a prank has been pulled, is far different than a random stranger saying this to you. It is also far different than if it is uttered by a spouse during a flare up of domestic violence.

There isn't a law enforcement agency in this country that would be willing to arrest someone - in the context of two or more friends just goofing off - because that is not a "threat".

Now, I **think** the gist of what Jiro is attempting to convey, is that when a person says "I'll kill him!" or ""I'll kill her!" after learning of some alarming news - like for example, a person pulled a prank on someone, and the person whom the prank was pulled on utters those words, then laughs ...

That isn't a death threat. That is a common utterance, and the content of how it is said is important.

But, take for example, a complete stranger, someone whom you have never met before, approaches you and says "I'm going to kill you" - then that is most definitely a threat.

See the difference now?

The word threat is very precise, and has a specific meaning. there is no confusion of what is, or is not a threat.

that's the question I'm asking you :lol:

that's the question I'm asking you :lol:

I have always been able to see the difference. However, you stated that making death threats was not illegal.

It is illegal. I think you know what the difference is too, you just did not articulate your point clearly.

I have always been able to see the difference. However, you stated that making death threats was not illegal.

It is illegal. I think you know what the difference is too, you just did not articulate your point clearly.

is it illegal in all 50 states? I've already made myself clear when I said majority of death threats is not from Florida

Cable Network Ranker: Week of July 22 - TVNewser

While CNN and HLN saw turbo-boosted ratings during the Zimmerman trial (the Asiana plane crash also occurred during that time), both channels fell afterward, with CNN dropping -32% and HLN dropping -50%. Fox News Channel–which actually lost some viewers in total day during the Zimmerman trial–never gave up the top slot among the cable news channels, but last week and this week has been back to its more typical ratings, topping its competitors combined in the primetime demo.

’87 rape hoaxer Tawana Brawley begins paying defamation damages 25 years later - NYPOST.com

When playing the race card ended badly by lying about it with Al Sharpton not helping one bit.

Wonderful to hear about this!....Even Al Sharpton has to pay over $66,000...Pagones finally, after all these years, is getting somewhat "justice"....They should have locked Brawley and Sharpton up for years for this crime....They knew it was a Lie....and wanted to incite more racist injustice against the white people...

Thanks for posting this!...Really made my day....

Wonderful to hear about this!....Even Al Sharpton has to pay over $66,000...Pagones finally, after all these years, is getting somewhat "justice"....They should have locked Brawley and Sharpton up for years for this crime....They knew it was a Lie....and wanted to incite more racist injustice against the white people...

Thanks for posting this!...Really made my day....

Yeah, yet the media are strangely quiet about it, too.

Back