Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

Does it matter which State I am in? Like, suppose I am traveling cross country, and I make a pit stop in some dive in California? Will threatening the life of a gas station attendant in California be any different than if I had made the stop and the threat at a gas station in Texas (other than the fact that there is a higher chance of me getting shot in Texas)?

Is it illegal for me to make threats on the lives, or the life, of any individual or group of individuals, in any State? even Alaska?

(yes, still surprised people have to be told that it is illegal anywhere you go in the U.S. - it's like everyone has the right to be free from harassment and assault or something).
in most cases - they'll just shrug it off and tell you to bugger off.

Does it matter which State I am in? Like, suppose I am traveling cross country, and I make a pit stop in some dive in California? Will threatening the life of a gas station attendant in California be any different than if I had made the stop and the threat at a gas station in Texas (other than the fact that there is a higher chance of me getting shot in Texas)?

Is it illegal for me to make threats on the lives, or the life, of any individual or group of individuals, in any State? even Alaska?

(yes, still surprised people have to be told that it is illegal anywhere you go in the U.S. - it's like everyone has the right to be free from harassment and assault or something).

didn't you complain about whining to mommy? and now you want the government to be your mommy whenever a person is being meanie to you? :hmm:

didn't you complain about whining to mommy? and now you want the government to be your mommy whenever a person is being meanie to you? :hmm:

Being mean is different than someone threatening your life. Or, do you think making terroristic threats is just being a meanie? :hmm:

If someone makes a death threat to you, will you report it to LEO or laugh your ass off?

You mean to tell me, that making serious threats over the internet is also illegal?

Oh my ...

(and people actually have to be told this too ... smh)
Jiro has to be told so hopefully he gets it now. :lol: If not, screw him!

Being mean is different than someone threatening your life. Or, do you think making terroristic threats is just being a meanie? :hmm:

ah! there you go!!!!! very good!!!! now you're beginning to understand it :)

ah! there you go!!!!! very good!!!! now you're beginning to understand it :)

Um ... nope.

Saying your daughter is as ugly as a shaved llama isn't the same thing as making a death threat. Saying that your mother needs to switch to diet soap isn't a death threat either.

Sorry.

Um ... nope.

Saying your daughter is as ugly as a shaved llama isn't the same thing as making a death threat.

Sorry.

how did it go from making a "harmless death threat" to insulting people?

sounds like grasping for straw. grab ahold of life vest!!!

Childs_life_vest.JPG

Um ... nope.

Saying your daughter is as ugly as a shaved llama isn't the same thing as making a death threat. Saying that your mother needs to switch to diet soap isn't a death threat either.

Sorry.

*smh*

Unreal.

how did it go from making a "harmless death threat" to insulting people?

sounds like grasping for straw. grab ahold of life vest!!!

Childs_life_vest.JPG

You are the one making the comparison to a death threat being "harmless'. Here, let me help you out a little bit.

The following are harmless, because they are NOT death threats:

Sure, I've seen people like you before - but I had to pay an admission...

I called your boyfriend gay and he hit me with his purse!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

Hmm...I dont know what your probelm is...but I'm going to bet it's really hard to pronounce...

and etc.

They may be "offensive" to some people, "silly" to others, but they do not express the taking of one's life. Death threats are illegal.

You are the one making the comparison to a death threat being "harmless'. Here, let me help you out a little bit.

The following are harmless, because they are NOT death threats:

Sure, I've seen people like you before - but I had to pay an admission...

I called your boyfriend gay and he hit me with his purse!
of course not... that's not a death threat..... that's battery or assault :lol:

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.
hence Post #1791

Hmm...I dont know what your probelm is...but I'm going to bet it's really hard to pronounce...

and etc.

They may be "offensive" to some people, "silly" to others, but they do not express the taking of one's life. Death threats are illegal.
you're basically repeating what I've been telling you.

Back