Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

you missed the but.

and you missed my question - is it a crime in all 50 states?

1) the "but" is irrelevant. You said it is not a crime. It is a crime.

2) :dunno: But it is a crime in some... Including Florida.

1) the "but" is irrelevant. You said it is not a crime. It is a crime.

2) :dunno: But it is a crime in some... Including Florida.

there you go. majority of death calls did not originate from Florida... therefore not a crime.

there you go. majority of death calls did not originate from Florida... therefore not a crime.

:laugh2:

BTW... It is also a crime in your state...
The NJ Terroristic Threats Law
The New Jersey Terroristic Threats Law is contained at N.J.S.A. 2C:12-3 and provides as follows:
2C:12-3. Terroristic threats

a. A person is guilty of a crime of the third degree if he threatens to commit any crime of violence with the purpose to terrorize another or to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation, or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience, or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience. A violation of this subsection is a crime of the second degree if it occurs during a declared period of national, State or county emergency. The actor shall be strictly liable upon proof that the crime occurred, in fact, during a declared period of national, State or county emergency. It shall not be a defense that the actor did not know that there was a declared period of emergency at the time the crime occurred.

b. A person is guilty of a crime of the third degree if he threatens to kill another with the purpose to put him in imminent fear of death under circumstances reasonably causing the victim to believe the immediacy of the threat and the likelihood that it will be carried out.

Post #1796.

and also...... that is referring to more like a terrorist type such as school shooting.

No it isn't. :lol: We have explained this to you before. "Terroristic threat" does mean "terrorism" when stated this way. That is clear just from reading the statute.

No it isn't. :lol: We have explained this to you before. "Terroristic threat" does mean "terrorism" when stated this way. That is clear just from reading the statute.

NJ girl, 14, arrested for making terroristic threats against high school - Crimesider - CBS News
(CBS) WYCKOFF, NJ - A 14-year-old girl has been arrested and charged with making terroristic threats targeting her northern New Jersey high school.
CBS New York reports Wyckoff detectives arrested the student after she allegedly posted on Facebook that she was looking for someone to carry out a terrorist attack at Ramapo High School.

Saratoga Springs High School student accused of making a terrorist threat against teachers, students - saratogian.com
SARATOGA SPRINGS — A Saratoga Springs High School student was jailed Friday for making a felony terrorist threat against teachers and fellow students.

Alan R. Pickett, 17, of Nicklaus Drive in Wilton allegedly posted a Facebook message saying guns should be brought to school and underclassmen and teachers should be shot, the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Department said.

there you go :cool2:

everybody knows it's illegal to make a death threat against the President (but in most cases - nobody goes to jail because it's not illegal just to utter an angry comment) however he went too far.

there's a difference between "credible" death threat and "non-issue" death threat otherwise..... how is America any different from British Empire where it's punishable by death or torture to threaten a King? precisely what the First Amendment is all about.

What about when Trayvon Martin threatened George Zimmerman when he said "You are going to die tonight?"

George Zimmerman, apparently, took that to be a credible threat. :hmm:

What about when Trayvon Martin threatened George Zimmerman when he said "You are going to die tonight?"

George Zimmerman, apparently, took that to be a credible threat. :hmm:

so that's what Zimmerman said.... :hmm:

FYI - no concrete proof that Trayvon said that

:laugh2:

HACKETTSTOWN — James Appis, 39, of Chester, was arrested Aug. 4 after allegedly yelling a death threat to individuals at an apartment complex, according to police.

A town police press release provided the following account of the incident:

At 12:06 p.m., police responded to the North Morris Apartments in reference to a male making terroristic threats. When the officers were responding to the scene they were notified that the male left the area. Through an investigation it was determined that Appis was texting an individual during the day that he was going to harm that individual’s friend.

Appis then arrived at the apartment complex driving erratically. He then yelled “you’re all dead” to individuals that he knew at the apartment complex. He then left the scene and was later stopped by the Mansfield Township police on Newburgh Road.

Appis was charged with terroristic threats, harassment while being on probation and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was lodged in the Warren County Correctional Facility in default of the $20,000 bail. Assisting at the scene was the Mansfield Township police department and the Washington Township (Morris County) police department.

Chester man arrested at Hackettstown apartment complex after allegedly yelling death threat | NJ.com

There ya go! :cool2:

So ... TXgolfer, what you are saying is, essentially, I cannot go out and get mad at a gas station attendant who isn't servicing me fast enough by threatening to harm him?

Wow ... surprising people have to actually be told that is illegal :hmm:

Whether it is deemed "credible" or not, it is still illegal. Just to clarify.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A California woman has been charged with threatening to kill Michael Schiavo, the man whose decision to remove his brain-damaged wife's feeding tube enraged religious conservatives.

The federal charge against Dera Marie Jones stems from a posting on an America Online message board: ``If she dies I will kill Michael Schiavo and the judge. This for real!''

Jones told FBI agents she was ``just kidding'' and soon began receiving threats herself, FBI Agent Christopher Sadlowski wrote in an affidavit filed Monday in federal court in San Francisco.

Jones, 32, is charged with transmitting in interstate commerce a communication containing a threat to injure a person.
Women Charged for Making Online Death Threat vs Michael Schiavo: Not a Schiavo Thread - Slickdeals.net

You can still be charged with a crime for making interstate death threats or threats of injury. Apparently a no brainer on understanding why this is the case even if you're "joking."

No moon-walking, please.

Does it matter which State I am in? Like, suppose I am traveling cross country, and I make a pit stop in some dive in California? Will threatening the life of a gas station attendant in California be any different than if I had made the stop and the threat at a gas station in Texas (other than the fact that there is a higher chance of me getting shot in Texas)?

Is it illegal for me to make threats on the lives, or the life, of any individual or group of individuals, in any State? even Alaska?

(yes, still surprised people have to be told that it is illegal anywhere you go in the U.S. - it's like everyone has the right to be free from harassment and assault or something).

So ... TXgolfer, what you are saying is, essentially, I cannot go out and get mad at a gas station attendant who isn't servicing me fast enough by threatening to harm him?

Wow ... surprising people have to actually be told that is illegal :hmm:

Whether it is deemed "credible" or not, it is still illegal. Just to clarify.

hmm so sport fighters at UFC would be arrested and charged for saying "I'm gonna kill you" or making a "I'm gonna kill you" gesture?

Back