Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

Jesse Jackson visits Marissa Alexander, discusses case with Angela Corey | jacksonville.com

She didn't kill someone, she just shot a warning.

It is out of jurisdiction for Angela Corey.

Ah yes, George Taki shared an article on that on fb, a very scewed article I might add that left out a lot of facts. I'll see if I can find it, but in the comments section people that knew more about the case were commenting. She can't use styg because she left the scene THEN came back and shot at him. She got charged with negligence I believe, what GZ should have been charged with. They offered her a 3 year plea bargain that she turned down. Ill see if I can find it.

I freaking hate the media, I really do, all of them.

Jesse Jackson visits Marissa Alexander, discusses case with Angela Corey | jacksonville.com

She didn't kill someone, she just shot a warning.

It is out of jurisdiction for Angela Corey.

Yep, that's it...and to note, Alexander was offered 3 years, but turned it down...not wanting to serve any time at all...went to trial and received 20 years....Plus...there were children in the home when she fired the gun...her past record was full of violence also....but really, I didn't follow this case all that much....

Yep, that's it...and to note, Alexander was offered 3 years, but turned it down...not wanting to serve any time at all...went to trial and received 20 years....Plus...there were children in the home when she fired the gun...her past record was full of violence also....but really, I didn't follow this case all that much....

and... it has always been illegal to fire a warning shot or point a gun to force a subject to comply.

and... it has always been illegal to fire a warning shot or point a gun to force a subject to comply.
But what if he tried to hurt or kill her, could she fire a warning shot instead of killing him in self defense?

Ah yes, George Taki shared an article on that on fb, a very screwed article I might add that left out a lot of facts. I'll see if I can find it, but in the comments section people that knew more about the case were commenting. She can't use styg because she left the scene THEN came back and shot at him. She got charged with negligence I believe, what GZ should have been charged with. They offered her a 3 year plea bargain that she turned down. Ill see if I can find it.

I freaking hate the media, I really do, all of them.

It is like the Kaitlyn Hunt story all over again...

Florida is haven for media attention.

I think about move to Miami, so call CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS and NBC about Angela Corey tried to silent me over her scandal. :naughty:

I was wrong about the negligence, I think I was thinking of something someone said in the comments section. I found the article and read it again......and I was thinking, this is different, they changed things so it doesn't sound as slanted and sure enough it says the article was updated on the 15th, Takei posted it on the 13th.

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

And there are waaaay more comments now. I don't see how she can claim STG if she left the house, went to the garage and came back with the gun. BTW that entire part of the article was changed, they made no mention of her leaving and coming back in the original article.

But what if he tried to hurt or kill her, could she fire a warning shot instead of killing him in self defense?

nope. gun is to kill, not to warn. if she doesn't wanna kill.. then get a taser.

I was wrong about the negligence, I think I was thinking of something someone said in the comments section. I found the article and read it again......and I was thinking, this is different, they changed things so it doesn't sound as slanted and sure enough it says the article was updated on the 15th, Takei posted it on the 13th.

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

And there are waaaay more comments now. I don't see how she can claim STG if she left the house, went to the garage and came back with the gun. BTW that entire part of the article was changed, they made no mention of her leaving and coming back in the original article.

left the house, went to the garage to get the gun, and came back? that's..... whoa.

What about Trevor Dooley? He tried to use SYG but won't work for him.
Trevor Dooley sentenced to 8 years for manslaughter | Tampa Bay Times

Zimmerman got different treatment.

James was playing hoops with Danielle that Sunday afternoon. Dooley came from his home across the street to complain about a 14-year-old skateboarder who had gotten James' permission to use the other side of the court. Witnesses said an argument between James and Dooley took a lethal turn when Dooley flipped up his T-shirt, revealing a gun in his waistband, as he cursed James. They said Dooley then turned and headed home, but James spun him around and tried to grab the gun. The men fell to the ground.
James shouldn't have done that since Dooley was going back home.

Dooley, who is 5 feet 7 and weighs 160 pounds, told jurors he had to struggle with a man 28 years younger who was 6-1 and 240 pounds. He said he pulled out the gun only after James grabbed him by the throat. "I had no other choice,'' he said.
It looks like a self defense to me.

Un****ingbelievable! I just watched CNN news which had an interview with TM's family lawyer. He said black parents taught their children not to run from a stranger who follows or whatever a stranger does. Bad parenting!!!! In other words, they taught their kids to challenge a stranger. That's the worst advice I have heard in my life. No wonder TM didn't run away from GZ, he challenged GZ instead. I always tell my kids to run and/or yell for help whenever a stranger follows or tries to approach them.

I bet that is your own opinion that Black parents teacher their kid to challenges strangers. Most likely if what you said is true about Black parents teaching their kids not to run from strangers it that the stranger might think the kid is running because they did something wrong. TM most likely did not run because he thought he would get shot in the back. I am guessing you're White and never had any Blacks friends or even talk to a Black person . And TM did get shot right in the heart.

Why were Zimmerman and Dooley received a different treatment?
:dunno: Maybe it's illegal to flip up his T-shirt to reveal his gun in the waistband that led to a manslaughter or because he's black. IMO, James shouldn't have touched him in the first place.

:dunno: Maybe it's illegal to flip up his T-shirt to reveal his gun in the waistband that led to a manslaughter or because he's black. IMO, James shouldn't have touched him in the first place.

It could possible - too many racial bias in American justice system.

It could possible - too many racial bias in American justice system.
Yes, alot of it happened. There are some innocent black men in prison just because they are black. Sad! However, it was worse in the past including MLK who just fought for civil rights.

Back