Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

I wonder - did Zimmerman's parents teach him to shoot if he was challenged by a stranger?
Wake up, Jiro! He CCW just like you. He shot TM in self defense because he was almost beaten up to death. Are you forgetting what the trial was about?

Wake up, Jiro! He CCW just like you. He shot TM in self defense because he was almost beaten up to death. Are you forgetting what the trial was about?

right. just because we both have CCW doesn't mean we would make same decision.

looks like he was taught to shoot a stranger if he was challenged by one...

right. just because we both have CCW doesn't mean we would make same decision.

looks like he was taught to shoot a stranger if he was challenged by one...
He was yelling for help but no one helped so when TM saw his gun and reached for it, ... Get it?

Most likely a juror attempting to walk out would be held in contempt. Wouldn't have metered though. They had alternates.
When I was on jury duty the deliberation room was locked. The bailiff guarded the door from the outside. A juror would have to go thru the bailiff to leave. Not an easy task.

Attorney for fired worker calls for Zimmerman prosecutors to resign
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: July 16, 2013
ORLANDO - An attorney representing a fired state attorney's office employee that was dismissed after testifying about concerns that the prosecution didn't properly turn over evidence is calling for the state attorney and one of her prosecutors to resign.

Attorney Wesley White emailed a letter today to state attorney Angela Corey and Bernie de la Rionda, one of three prosecutors that unsuccessfully tried George Zimmerman for second-degree murder.

In the letter, White says de la Rionda demeaned Zimmerman's rights by saying in a post-verdict interview that he lacked courage by not testifying.

White's client, Ben Kruidbos, was fired last week and accused of misconduct after the former IT director testified last month about retrieving evidence from Trayvon Martin's cellphone the defense contends wasn't disclosed.

Zimmerman's attorneys are seeking sanctions against the state.

Attorney for fired worker calls for Zimmerman prosecutors to resign | Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather from Tampa Bay Online and The Tampa Tribune | TBO.com

When I was on jury duty the deliberation room was locked. The bailiff guarded the door from the outside. A juror would have to go thru the bailiff to leave. Not an easy task.

Nope, it sure wouldn't be. :lol:

Heavily disliked, but moreso "feared"...she holds a lot of clout....Jesse Jackson was in the city (Jacksonville) the other day...(was on the news)...he's trying to get a black lady out of prison for murder, as they denied her the SYG plea and sentenced her to 20 years for killing her husband....Jackson wants Corey to re-open the case....and let her free....

Corey is up for re-election and yes, she will get the Black vote!...Otherwise, feel she would lose by a landslide.....She's been" suckering up" to the Black Leaders for awhile....they have her in their pockets....

Know what? GZ was found not guilty because the jury believed GZ' story unless the prosecutor proved otherwise. Do you have proof that TM didn't try to reach the gun?

incorrect. Zimmerman has nearly no proof that would corroborates his claim but he was found not guilty because prosecutors failed to prove it.

Accused of misconduct? A few months before the letter he had received a raise for “meritorious performance." Appears that Corey is the one doing the misconduct.

Heavily disliked, but moreso "feared"...she holds a lot of clout....Jesse Jackson was in the city (Jacksonville) the other day...(was on the news)...he's trying to get a black lady out of prison for murder, as they denied her the SYG plea and sentenced her to 20 years for killing her husband....Jackson wants Corey to re-open the case....and let her free....

Corey is up for re-election and yes, she will get the Black vote!...Otherwise, feel she would lose by a landslide.....She's been" suckering up" to the Black Leaders for awhile....they have her in their pockets....

Is it woman's name is Marissa Alexander?

incorrect. Zimmerman has nearly no proof that would corroborates his claim but he was found not guilty because prosecutors failed to prove it.
Didn't you watch the juror B37's interview? When she was asked if she wanted GZ to take a witness stand, she said no because the reenactment video was enough and credible.

Didn't you watch the juror B37's interview?
um... I think I was the first one to post it here.

When she was asked if she wanted GZ to take a witness stand, she said no because the reenactment video was enough and credible.

credible? nope.
proof? nope.

and the prosecutor failed to present its argument beyond reasonable doubt.

Jesse Jackson visits Marissa Alexander, discusses case with Angela Corey | jacksonville.com

She didn't kill someone, she just shot a warning.

It is out of jurisdiction for Angela Corey.
Oh man, she should take the offer.

Alexander refused prosecutors’ offer of three years in prison following her arrest in 2010 on three charges of aggravated assault for firing the gun. She was found guilty and given a state-mandated 20 years that took the discretion out of the judge’s hands.

I remember that story. It was said that she had a chance to escape and call 911 but she fired a shot instead. I feel sorry for her.

Back