Color of hearing aids

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
What color is your hearing aid??? Also, if your earmold is a diff color, what color is it?? mine is dark brown hearing aids and clear earmolds.....

My daughter is at that age where she wants to be differant so her molds are orange and white

Mine is pretty much the same as your typical hearing-aid wearer. My hearing aids are tan colored and earmold is dirty cloudy clear. I don't believe in wearing fancy colored hearing aids. Some students here at NTID have hearing aids that are clear, blue, red, pink, etc. Some also have swirly blue/white, red/white, green/white, black, rainbow, etc. I guess they want to emphasize... "YES! I AM FUCKING DEAF! ALRIGHT!?" Hehehe! :deaf:

I don't wear hearing aids but when I was a kid, I had chewed up molds. :P I used to hate wearing hearing aids when I was a kid so I would do whatever to damage it.

Mine is original - tan and molds are light tan. Before that was clear molds.... I love it so much! hehe

I like tan and clear mold and thats how it ll stick :) i need my self to be more professional as opposed to wearing colors that stands out and distracts the clients!
NOT need doing that!

I'm getting new hearing aids. I really really really want the translucent purple kind...or ideally, translucent purple on one ear with a glow-in-the-dark earmold and translucent yellow on the other ear with an glow-in-the-dark earmold.
My current aid is tiny and boring old lady beigish but I did decorate it with these cute crystal tatoos (my audi was VERY impressed :) ) and I have a purple earmold that looks like it's made out of playdough.
i need my self to be more professional as opposed to wearing colors that stands out and distracts the clients!
On the other hand, the traditional aids just look so blah and medical looking. Someone told me that at Gally it's a common sight to see kids with hair dyed to match their hearing aids!

I saw one person but it was guy however he looks so odd. We asked him, "are you sissy?" he doesn't believe that mold that looks sissy on him. we were like okay whatever because it was has all sparkly dimaond around on ear mold. Its look eew on him because it not match.. heh I heard there ear mold has glow in the dark but that sound pretty cool... oh well.

When I had hearing aids, I asked for the earmolds to be in blue and white swirls. My audiologist said I cannot get the colors ones because I am too "profoundly deaf". Colors in earmolds will shrink it faster than plain ones. So I have to use the fugly plain ones!! Grr. But why worry? I got rid of my hearing aids a loooong time ago!!

BabyPhat21 said:
What color is your hearing aid??? Also, if your earmold is a diff color, what color is it?? mine is dark brown hearing aids and clear earmolds.....

Same here.

I never know about colored hearing aids.. but my old hearing aid is just normal tan with clearish mod ??? I quit wearing hearing aid years ago.

The last hearing aid mold I had was a tinted purple...

If I want a new hearing mold, i would... like.... hmm... [thinking].... TIE-DYE COLOR OF RED,ORANGE, AND YELLOW! Whee yeah! but...

I hate hearing aids anyway. :smoking: SO i doubt I will get that nifty earmold- only to decorate, not to function to help me hearing.

My son has one green neon earmold with blue hearing aid, and other blue neon earmold with green hearing aid :)

I now have clear see-through aids with clear purple earmolds. I also put a glitter temporary tatto and a body jewel thingy on both of them, as an accent. Unfortunatly, they are the mini-BTEs so they don't really stand out...I wish I could show them off a little more! They are wicked cool! I also want to see if I can maybe get the colored tubing. Man, I wish I was a little kid again! They have the neatest accessories out there!

Back