Close Down Gallaudet!!!!

I saw this one link that showed that gally did so poorly on their report card for college.

Ntid did much better so that explains why the cost of tutition is higher.

Beside Gally do cry too much and they do not spend enough time with their education.

I saw this one link that showed that gally did so poorly on their report card for college.

Ntid did much better so that explains why the cost of tutition is higher.

Beside Gally do cry too much and they do not spend enough time with their education.

You know that after Jane is resign then students will end the protest and move on, and focus on education.

Not sure how much attention the students will give to education becuz Gally has a big reputation as a party school.

The information coming from Gally is confusing at best and I still don't get the main point of the protest. I think its good idea if the deaf students have a mission statement so everyone will know why the deaf students are so upset.

Not sure how much attention the students will give to education becuz Gally has a big reputation as a party school.

The information coming from Gally is confusing at best and I still don't get the main point of the protest. I think its good idea if the deaf students have a mission statement so everyone will know why the deaf students are so upset.

Most college students have party, even some are party repulation but not only for Gally.

Most college students have party, even some are party repulation but not only for Gally.

I have to agree with u. When I was an undergrad at ASU (Arizona State U.) 10 years ago, it had a reputation as one of the top 10 party colleges in the U.S. but people still apply there cuz it had great programs. Same goes for Gallaudet..I went there as a graduate student and the program was considered one of the best in the East Coast for deaf education. Of course, a majority of kids who start college will think "Party time!". LOL! I gotta admit I was one of them..hehehe

I hope things get resolved soon for Gallaudet because right now, it is recieving a negative image through the local media. :pissed:

...The deaf communities are facing major evolutionary changes in the near future which enable them to mainstream and re-integrate back into the hearing society.........

Well said. I can see that going on.

Im curious do you happened to have an information where I can see that shows some ratios between student graduations and withdrawals. I wanted to see how well their administration is managing their students, because here in Texas, Im getting messages from hearing parents with deaf children saying "...Gally is a playground..." and "...classes are so easy to pass and there aren't any much tough classes like other universities out there..."

Also Im curious do you think if all deaf students live in a Gally environment for so long and by the time after their graduations they will be having a hard time leaving their holes in Gally and hard time (or will not) go out in the real hearing world to get a decent career jobs and ended up drawing SSI and wasting time chitchat for hours hours hours or socialize too much? Just curious.

Personally, I have never been to Gally myself and I went to NTID 94-96 and landed a decent salary job without a degree and thats because I have been mainstreamed with hearing world all my life. So, my question is it easier to acquire a good career job if you were mainstreamed or isolated in the deaf culture for so long?

I think thats enough for now - my fingers are getting sore of typing too long - lol

Magnix2k

Im curious do you happened to have an information where I can see that shows some ratios between student graduations and withdrawals. I wanted to see how well their administration is managing their students, because here in Texas, Im getting messages from hearing parents with deaf children saying "...Gally is a playground..." and "...classes are so easy to pass and there aren't any much tough classes like other universities out there..."

Magnix2k

If the classes are so easy... then what is the problem?
Why students didn't hurry up and graduate from there and get a job?

The reason why it took me 12 years to finish Gallaudet is because
of mean deaf students there...

Also Im curious do you think if all deaf students live in a Gally environment for so long and by the time after their graduations they will be having a hard time leaving their holes in Gally and hard time (or will not) go out in the real hearing world to get a decent career jobs and ended up drawing SSI and wasting time chitchat for hours hours hours or socialize too much? Just curious.

Magnix2k

Because deaf people don't have DEAF TOWN, just like we Blacks have
Harlem and Asians have CHINA TOWN.
It would be nice if we deaf people have DEAF TOWN, so that we
can have our own club, our own housings, our own stores...

But since we don't have a Deaf Town, Gallaudet students rather
spend thousands and thousands just to stay there and chit chat.

And even the GRADS, they come back. :eek3:
One guy got a degree and he worked as a resident advisor.

And another guy got 2 college degree, one in history and another one in education... and he doesn't have a job... he was 37 and he got a girlfriend
who is 19. :eek3:

Personally, I have never been to Gally myself and I went to NTID 94-96 and landed a decent salary job without a degree and thats because I have been mainstreamed with hearing world all my life. So, my question is it easier to acquire a good career job if you were mainstreamed or isolated in the deaf culture for so long?

Magnix2k

It is easier to get job if you make friend with everyone.... hearing and deaf.

Now I wonder what is the percentage
of Gallaudet students with the each IQ level ?

If the classes are so easy... then what is the problem?
Why students didn't hurry up and graduate from there and get a job?

The reason why it took me 12 years to finish Gallaudet is because
of mean deaf students there...

I think it's because they were addicted in chitchatting and wasted all those quality time in education. All mean deaf students?? I dont believe that, because I met several cool nice fella who went to Gally and transferred to NTID.

Because deaf people don't have DEAF TOWN, just like we Blacks have
Harlem and Asians have CHINA TOWN.
It would be nice if we deaf people have DEAF TOWN, so that we
can have our own club, our own housings, our own stores...

But since we don't have a Deaf Town, Gallaudet students rather
spend thousands and thousands just to stay there and chit chat.

And even the GRADS, they come back. :eek3:
One guy got a degree and he worked as a resident advisor.

And another guy got 2 college degree, one in history and another one in education... and he doesn't have a job... he was 37 and he got a girlfriend
who is 19. :eek3:

Oh, man thats sad. I personally think all deafies MUST mainstream so that way they can concentrate on their career goals better than what they are doing now. My brother is in Gally now and we are in the totally different world. Hes SO into deaf world and is in desperation of needing money to support himself. He often asked me and my hearing brother some money.

It is easier to get job if you make friend with everyone.... hearing and deaf.

...and to be more involved in the hearing world and put english as a first language not ASL. I know ASP pretty good, but I got to put my english language primary so I can land a good job like I did. That helps ALOT!

my opinion is those protestors in deaf unviersity are being silly who cares if we have an hearing president there s something much more worse happening in the states murder raping chaos we should do soemthing about it than just gossiping about it my opinion is deaf people should think more about the lessening the violence and suffering of all deaf people and what to do about it instead of just protesting over something as trivial as disliking an hearing president my opinion is they re being ridilcous (sp)

The protesters are all about the old deaf guards who don’t believe in the re-integration of deaf people back into the hearing society.

Richard, the more you throw around the term "old deaf guards," the more I realize you're just picking a buzzword and working it in everything you say.

"Old guards" is often used to refer to a "conservative, often reactionary element of a class, society, or political group."

You've used the term interchangibly to refer to the Administration AND to the Students. Like they were the same group. And about the people in CA who are against you. Really, you use the term to mean ANYONE WHO DOES NOT EXPLICITLY AGREE WITH EXACTLY WHAT YOU THINK.

The protesters are a radical group. The "old way" is to accept the administration's views and continue to take it up the rear, bending to the admin's wishes. Not anymore. The shackles are coming off. The limiting factors of the administration must be removed for Gallaudet to move into the future. You seem to say that it's the students who are holding back the students, at the same time that the old deaf guards of the admin are doing the same thing. Sorry, Rich.

well it does matter who is your college president...

Because the President at LeMoyne Owen College almost went bankrupt.

LeMoyne Owen College was threatening to be close down, because
the College was in millions of dollars debt.

So I wrote to the President, why not have festivals that will help fundraise.

So anyway... the President had many well known rich people
helping finance the school...

And had rally tickets and dinner invitation...

And guests as host became speakers.... and fund raising
and stuff.

So if Jane Fernandes messed up Gallaudet... Gallaudet will be close down...

You have to have a good President that will keep the School running...
with no debt or anything...

Being a President is more than just looking pretty in suit and shake hands...
You gotta take care the School and asked people and alumni some money...

So if the Alumni don't support Fernandes, then they won't give money...
So Jane needs the Alumni supporters...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Gallaudet University: Average Freshman class SAT score at 25th percentile: 675, at 75th percentile: 1070.

Gallaudet University: The nation's oldest Deaf college for mediocre deaf students.

============
Reporter: What is the purpose of this protest?

Deaf student: Uhhh... Ummmm..... Gallaudet Unity! Jane never said "hi", she hurts my feelings. boohooo... Go FSSA!! Deaf Power!

Me reading news: *shake head*

Gallaudet University: Average Freshman class SAT score at 25th percentile: 675, at 75th percentile: 1070.

Gallaudet University: The nation's oldest Deaf college for mediocre deaf students.

============
Reporter: What is the purpose of this protest?

Deaf student: Uhhh... Ummmm..... Gallaudet Unity! Jane never said "hi", she hurts my feelings. boohooo... Go FSSA!! Deaf Power!

Me reading news: *shake head*

That's below mediocre. 1000 is supposed to be the average.

That reporter/student thing...is that for real? If it is, :rl:

That's below mediocre. 1000 is supposed to be the average.

That reporter/student thing...is that for real? If it is, :rl:

Anyone who scores more than 1000 should be able to figure out that "the reporter/student thing" isn't real.

I took the IQ test few years ago... I am way below normal...
So I am legally retarded. :pissed:

The*Empress, I have to either reject or accept you
only because you are NOT Retarded enough. LOL :)

There are many facts about the deaf communities that get buried in all the strong-arming, breast-beating, and the calls for a war against audism by the old deaf guards you see going on at Gallaudet University.

Richard Roehm

Back