Cleavage Ban Proposal Shot Down

Nobody can force girls to get breast reduction...it is their bodies and their rights to keep their bodies the way they are or change it.

Cervical Cancer Vaccine could become mandatory for teenage girls! If not already !

I posted mine after I read your . Time has sure change since we went to school! We could never wear pants to school!
Same for me; we were never allowed to wear slacks or jeans to school.

Really? You weren't surrounded by hippies? :P
Hippie girls wore skirts, not pants. Haven't you seen the pictures of them? Some of them wore jeans but not to school.

The rules were harder for the hippie boys to follow. At school, no hair below the collar, and no facial hair. No jeans or t-shirts. Everything belted and buttoned. :lol:

Too much cleavage? Why are junior high girls showing any cleavage?

They should cover up.

Where are the parents?

This. Why are girls who are in middle school, regardless of how large or small their breasts are, showing parts of them AT ALL? And instead of saying "you can expose yourself a little, but not a lot!" why not send a letter home to girl's parents asking merely that wear shirts that don't fall more than an inch or two below the collar bone, as is, uhm, appropriate for people that age, to be wearing in public. And if that made any large-chested girl feel less self confidence I wonder why her self confidence relies on her breasts being seen- if anything, I would think that decency being the standard would make it easier to accept that people develop to different amounts and at vastly different times.

agreed with Reba and Aleser, i think if we impose stronger dress codes, too bad about less freedoms from tweens and teens but the thing is it would bring down the arousal level significantly hence bring down the rate of teen pregnancies...

Hmm, interesting article.

Why does the school have the teachers to be the fashion police? It should fall on the parents shoulders to teach their kids how to dress properly. Of course, we know that some parents are too lenient about this dress code. So, with that being said, I can see why the school HAVE to step in to take dire measure of this situation.

Personally, I don't think it should be banned. However, it should be in moderation. There are some shirts that has it cut way deep low which seems to show the most obvious assets (that I wouldn't be ok with) but with shirts that has it slightly cut down low would be fine as long as it doesn't show most of the assets.

As for self-esteem, the girls should build confidence by being able to dress properly and yet still, look 'fabulous' without adding the 'trashy' note on it.
I agree.

Banning something isn't going to solve anything. What needs to be done is moderation.

It's like having a swimming pool. Sure, prohibiting kids from entering the swimming pool area may solve the problem in some cases... but those little kids will always find a way in. So, it's better to teach them to swim than to just lock the gate to keep them out.

So, parents should be working with their kids on appropriate clothing. The parents can work with the school to establish what the "limit" is when it comes to exposure. That way, the parents and the kids will know what's really going on.

... The parents can work with the school to establish what the "limit" is when it comes to exposure. That way, the parents and the kids will know what's really going on.
It's a lot easier to enforce a school NO-cleavage rule than a NOT-TOO-MUCH-cleavage rule.

I don't see any problems.

633810878323034650-cleavage.jpg

^Absolutely agreed.

agreed with Reba and Aleser, i think if we impose stronger dress codes, too bad about less freedoms from tweens and teens but the thing is it would bring down the arousal level significantly hence bring down the rate of teen pregnancies...

Really? Guys tend to be driven by girls with a body that is interesting for them regardless of how much cleavage they're showing and teenagers could always find ways to arouse themselves. A better method to prevent teen pregnancies would be raising them that should lower their chances of doing the process. Just as someone said, it's easier to allow more freedom rather than removing freedom. Somehow, there has to be a way to inform people of certain risks and having people to listen, but you can't help people that really chose not to get involved in the first place unless they're willing to open up a little bit. Moderation is the key to stability.

A quote to be considering to think about.
We cannot control or manipulate human nature.

Too much cleavage? Why are junior high girls showing any cleavage?

They should cover up.

Where are the parents?

There is documents showing the natural sexual desires of adolescence which shows you part of the answer to the cleavage.

I don't see any problems.

633810878323034650-cleavage.jpg

For 11, 12 and 13 year olds to show this...I would rather not. If I saw one of my 4th graders wearing an extremely low cut shirt, I will send her to the infirmary to change. The kids dont need the distraction from their education. They have enough distraction already.

The kids dont need the distraction from their education. They have enough distraction already.

I do agree to a point and I do have a slight problem having young kids showing cleavages especially when they're young into a place full of poorly raised kids that are left to be babysat by random teachers, but distractions aren't the only root cause to people who go through the modern educational system. One good problem in our educational system have to do with the structuring and the harmful effects of coercing students who aren't simply able to adapt to the state-funded school environment. I'd might argue about this, but I need to see more of your viewpoints of state-funded school before starting an argument to support my positions on the state-funded schools. I have nothing against using education as in resources for developing knowledge myself, but I am strongly against sending kids into school when they're burned out by being into a environment that they won't be able to adapt to.

I'm one of them for your information.

I do agree to a point and I do have a slight problem having young kids showing cleavages especially when they're young into a place full of poorly raised kids that are left to be babysat by random teachers, but distractions aren't the only root cause to people who go through the modern educational system. One good problem in our educational system have to do with the structuring and the harmful effects of coercing students who aren't simply able to adapt to the state-funded school environment. I'd might argue about this, but I need to see more of your viewpoints of state-funded school before starting an argument to support my positions on the state-funded schools. I have nothing against using education as in resources for developing knowledge myself, but I am strongly against sending kids into school when they're burned out by being into a environment that they won't be able to adapt to.

I work at a Deaf school and I dont think the kiddos seem burnt out except for during the last month of the school year.

Well, I can't honestly describe why I feel slightly surprised, but it has something to do with the fact that I have seen so many students being frustrated when it comes to learning mathematical concepts that even kids can learn and my backgrounds of being bullied, frustrated at middle school, stressed-out at home. I used to be calm before 6th grade and somehow my behavior changes quickly after seeing students unable to learn basic materials which leads me to questioning society. Well, take this to PM.

Well, I can't honestly describe why I feel slightly surprised, but it has something to do with the fact that I have seen so many students being frustrated when it comes to learning mathematical concepts that even kids can learn and my backgrounds of being bullied, frustrated at middle school, stressed-out at home. I used to be calm before 6th grade and somehow my behavior changes quickly after seeing students unable to learn basic materials which leads me to questioning society. Well, take this to PM.

Maybe it is because I work with 4th graders but I totally understand about kids needing a strong foundation in all subject areas in order to really do well in the upper grades. :)

I agree. For them to do well will require minimalizing possible interferences and somehow getting themselves to be educating themselves outside of school while they're being into a place where they can actually have some flexibility and options in their education. A good teacher could help guide students while helping a lot of students and obviously no teacher could help save all students in a long career, but helping a lot of students is better than just not caring. Having someone as a guide is especially important, but too much guides isn't for everyone especially those who learns most of the time using the auto-didact method. Homeschoolers and some unschoolers tends to do better due to flexibility into their education. One problem with this idea I have is that they have already take too much time into school which gives students motivation to do the work right away without trying to learn it and they just want to do something else.

Oh, how do deaf school operates in general? I never have been into one as a student even though I'm HOH and entered one school as a spelling bee contestant which doesn't count though.

I agree. For them to do well will require minimalizing possible interferences and somehow getting themselves to be educating themselves outside of school while they're being into a place where they can actually have some flexibility and options in their education. A good teacher could help guide students while helping a lot of students and obviously no teacher could help save all students in a long career, but helping a lot of students is better than just not caring. Having someone as a guide is especially important, but too much guides isn't for everyone especially those who learns most of the time using the auto-didact method. Homeschoolers and some unschoolers tends to do better due to flexibility into their education. One problem with this idea I have is that they have already take too much time into school which gives students motivation to do the work right away without trying to learn it and they just want to do something else. Oh, how do deaf school operates in general, I never have been into one even though I'm HOH.

We operate just like any public schools except we educate using two languages and respect for Deaf culture. My kids are learning long division now just like any other 4th grader who are on grade level. Nothing different about it.

Yes, we got our issues just like any other school does.

We operate just like any public schools except we educate using two languages and respect for Deaf culture. My kids are learning long division now just like any other 4th grader who are on grade level. Nothing different about it.

Now I get the idea of how it works.

Anyways, back to the original topic.

Back