clean house before vacation?

Do you clean your house before you go on vacation or short trip?

• yes

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • no

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

horselover61

Reaction score
Do you clean your house before you go on vacation or a short trip?
Yes or No.

I always do it before I start my vacation no matters how long or short it is. :)

hell yes! its a huge stress reliever when you come home to a clean house.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Yes.

Man, do we have a bunch o' neat-niks here!

Me too. I like to return to a clean house.

Clean my house everyday...when going on vacation, make sure that all garbage is taken out before leaving and no food left on the stove, counters etc. And don't forget ur garbage disposal...or dirty dishes left in the dishwasher

Yes, I have to. You never know if you leave something that would be nasty scent to grow while on away.

my home is always cleaned. 24/7. Much less effort for me to keep it clean :)

I always before reason pretty clean my room before sleep over on my grandparents :P

Yes. I don't want to come home to something spoiled and smelling bad.

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

I guess I am the lone man out! :( I'm a pretty clean person, but I HATE to clean house. I always know it will need to be done when I return. But the kitchen is always clean... Always.

Whenever we go somewhere that involves 8 hours or more out of the house, we make sure it is clean and that there are clean sheets on the beds. It's not very often that we get to take a vacation, but even so, we still do our best to clean up.

I do, but probably for a different reason then most. I almost don't want to admit this. I clean my house in case I get robbed while I'm away, I wouldn't want anyone to think I live in filth. Yes, I know that's silly.

Yes Of course..

Also Clean cat litter boxes and fill up the extra bowls of water and foods!! :)

I do, but probably for a different reason then most. I almost don't want to admit this. I clean my house in case I get robbed while I'm away, I wouldn't want anyone to think I live in filth. Yes, I know that's silly.

This made me laugh. Yeah, God forbid the burglars should think you're a messy housekeeper!

:lol:

This made me laugh. Yeah, God forbid the burglars should think you're a messy housekeeper!

:lol:

The burglars might then tell their burglar friends "this person is so messy, she will never know you robbed her!" and then I get robbed again. Also, embarrassing for anyone to think I'm messy, even a burglar.

I am very obsessed with having a clean house so yes, I clean it. I hate hate hate coming home to a messy house. Also, I can just only focus on unpacking when I return from vacation instead of cleaning up the house. On the day we left for AZ two Saturdays ago, I mowed the grass, scrubbed both bathrooms, finished up the laundry, and put away all dishes, and mopped/vacuumed. Also, took out all trash.

I am so glad that I mowed because I heard that it has rained a lot in MD since we left and two weeks is a good amount of time for the grass to grow tall again.

I'm STILL the only one that voted no??? Oy!!! I am a social deviant!!! A social outcast!!! My house will be robbed and the robbers will be too busy laughing to steal anything. I will get home and the cops will ask me how I could possibly know that anything was stolen. Oh! I am ashamed, abashed, inconsolable, my misery knows no limit. Sob! :Ohno:

I'm just kidding. :giggle: No, I don't clean before vacation, but my house is usually not messy anyway. except right now, looks like a bomb went off in my living room. I am in the process of moving. I *hate* moving! :shock:

Back