Civil case. Do I have a real case

aweet_princess198925

Reaction score
I have a civil case against the county I live it. Started when I was wrongfully arrested for a case that was dropped. I kept asking for an interpreter or someone who works with the deaf and hoh. They wouldn't let me wear my hearing aid and I can see a few sheriff's mouths saying I must be stupid and need to learn english. I didn't know what was going on and while I was there they put me in lock up for suicide because I have back spasms and my legs give out. I tried to tell them what was happening and they wouldn't listen and they put on the paper I threw myself on the ground. When the doctor came to see me he had my paper and the reason why I was there was scratched out and someone wrote anxiety which still isn't cause for lock up. They brought me back up where everyone else was and I was finally able to make a cal (2 days later). I can't hear on the phone so I had someone else talk and relay for me. I got in trouble for that as well. My family mostly lives 9 hours away but my mom that we got in contact with called the sheriff's office and the mayor office. Does any one think I have a true case against the county. They are now under investigation for 3 unknown case of deaths that happen and they didn't report on time to the families.

Sent from my SM-T520 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Maybe, just maybe and best talk with attorney. There is free service that may be available in ur area. Google up or call attorney and they usually either take ur case or refer u to a agency that would refer u to attorney.

How long were you in lock up total?
What was the charge? (Pm.me.if want to keep private)
They put you on.suicidd watch?, rather be in SEG...
Why were the charges droPed?
When.did this happen, look, the longer you wit to see a laywer, the less anything will hAppen. So you were denied your aids in lock up, after the initial finger poke and cough welcome? was there any brusing on you, the very first thing you needed to do when.released was take pics of yourself, and see a lawyer...see s laywer now regardless...dont count on anything said here as anything other then an opinion, yiu need real legal advice..
Really.if all they did.was arrest you (did anytbing go missing,) and later dropped the charges, then i cant see any case here, thats the broken system.working...if all u got was a couple weeks for nothing, it sucks but ah welll,,,unless you were mistreated, besides the aids, that wont get u anywhere,

You need to discuss this with a local lawyer who specializes in civil cases. Try to get one that will work on a contingency fee basis, then you won't have to pay anything, even if ou lose the case.

I do hope you do have a case and they got to answer for this awful treatment

Your perspective may differ from their side of story and you admitted you're only learning ASL In another thread, it can backfire on you in that small part so tread carefully and when talking to lawyer make sure all your bases are covered.

There is so many things else wrong to it but removing your hearing aids was not cool on their part nor giving you your phone call. Or giving you your dignity geez.

Like others said, consult with a lawyer.

Wishing you best of luck

I am learning asl but by then I knew enough to get by. During lock up they wouldn't even feed me and I have witnesses from when they literally dragging me by the chain on the cuffs. The arrest was because the hotel I was stating at gave my room key out while I was gone all day and the people were smoking in my room. The case is dismissed cause the arresting office originally put on the report that I wasn't there and they had to call me to come up there. later he tried to put another report saying I was there the whole time and they found drugs on me but they have no evidence. My bf was in the car and didn't no until we drove past them and he had my purse and phone. The cop tried to say the drugs were in my purse but my purse was in the car and I had 2 people confirm.

I am learning asl but by then I knew enough to get by. During lock up they wouldn't even feed me and I have witnesses from when they literally dragging me by the chain on the cuffs. The arrest was because the hotel I was stating at gave my room key out while I was gone all day and the people were smoking in my room. The case is dismissed cause the arresting office originally put on the report that I wasn't there and they had to call me to come up there. later he tried to put another report saying I was there the whole time and they found drugs on me but they have no evidence. My bf was in the car and didn't no until we drove past them and he had my purse and phone. The cop tried to say the drugs were in my purse but my purse was in the car and I had 2 people confirm.

What was the hotels reason of giving your room key to another person. Were they your friends? I think this goes against the hotel not just the police department alone. Maybe two different cases

Hotel triggered the headache you're in, they should be held liable too

What was the hotels reason of giving your room key to another person. Were they your friends? I think this goes against the hotel not just the police department alone. Maybe two different cases

I wonder if the cleaning person was smoking in the room , I would not be surprise about that happening.

They apologized but I will do a case in both. I knew one of them but it wouldn't matter. Hotel rules are they only give the persons who name is on the room no one else.

Sent from my LGLS990 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Well look, maybe its better to go after the hotel....
As for not bieng fed, and dragged in chains,,,yeah...that you wont.get hou anywhere...unless your wanting to soend years. Fighting the machine...its not worth it,. The hote. Seems like the better option.
As for the arrest. So they arrest you for drug possesion.hold you then.rekease you...were.chsrges actually filed.then.withdrawn? What wererhe exact charges...
Just find a lawyer..thats what you need to do...
Find a laywer....

Apologize? Not enough, flip em the bird and talk with your local attorney. This is no justice in it.

They apologized but I will do a case in both. I knew one of them but it wouldn't matter. Hotel rules are they only give the persons who name is on the room no one else.

Sent from my LGLS990 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I hope your lawyer says that you have a case, and I hope you win. That was terrible what happened to you. :eek3:

Seems to me that lawyers can opt to take cases on a contingency basis if they think they have a slam dunk case.......

Seems to me that lawyers can opt to take cases on a contingency basis if they think they have a slam dunk case.......

A lawyer did that was I was refused service b/c I had my hearing dog Finlay with me. I am not allowed to say the name of the place , we settled out of court. The place did not want this on the news , if I had to go to court I was going to put it on the news.

Back