Childfree is Now More Acceptable

Maybe she is thinking from the post-WWII times when it was in the cultural norm to have more than 4 children.

I was going to say that too, if a woman was not married by the time they where 25 yo ,they where considered an od maid .

huh.... hmmm since when it wasn't viewed as unacceptable? :hmm:

Maybe she is thinking from the post-WWII times when it was in the cultural norm to have more than 4 children.

I was going to say that too, if a woman was not married by the time they where 25 yo ,they where considered an od maid .

Sorry if I'm not clear. I meant-- right now, it's current two children per family by average birth rate. So, I just guess it could be just one child per family, due to less desire of wanting kids in future.

But, someone may make a good point about longevity and less desire for having a child. I remember somewhere article said it might be average of 100 years old elders in near future. Not sure.

Also, I find interesting that others disagree with childfree because of a lack of tax and retirement and no help from their 'non-existence' children, which means childfree people can live off the taxes of other people's children. They said they don't have any problem if childfree people provide their own retirement needs. Otherwise they will think it's selfish.

Hmm...

It seems like China has a policy of 1 child per family. I think that each of us have to make choices.
The difference is, in China it's not a choice--it's the law...

I'm sure that a lot of those people who don't have their own kids have nieces and nephews. They can interact with their nephews and nieces if they want to play with kids....
Not necessarily.

Also, when an only child marries another only child, there are no cousins for their children. (re: China)

The difference is, in China it's not a choice--it's the law...

Not necessarily.

Also, when an only child marries another only child, there are no cousins for their children. (re: China)

never actually thought of that!. sad and chilling..and sometimes I think makes it easy for government to control their people because their 'sense of belonging' is not in 'family structure' but government having closer bond on parents and their one child...quite chilling when you think about it...

There are exception with one child policy - the Chinese family from rural area can have more than one child.

never actually thought of that!. sad and chilling..and sometimes I think makes it easy for government to control their people because their 'sense of belonging' is not in 'family structure' but government having closer bond on parents and their one child...quite chilling when you think about it...
The other sad and chilling result is the killing of infant girls in China. Parents want there only child to be a son so they eliminate the daughter. :(

Of course, what do you think happens if the only child has any kind of handicap?

There are exception with one child policy - the Chinese family from rural area can have more than one child.
They have loosened the restriction a little in some areas, yes. (So they say.)

Wait until the next big blizzard there will be a baby boom in 9 months. The last major blizzard we had there was a baby boom . I read most baby are born in September , because people where stuck in the house in the winter .

Wait until the next big blizzard there will be a baby boom in 9 months. The last major blizzard we had there was a baby boom . I read most baby are born in September , because people where stuck in the house in the winter .
I was born exactly 9 months after my dad graduated from college. (My parents had been married for five years when I was born.)

I was born exactly 9 months after my dad graduated from college. (My parents had been married for five years when I was born.)

At least you know how your parents birthday celebrated your dad graduation.

young single woman near me refused to go to work she says wants to be there when child has first smile etc..my son works all hours his tax go towards women staying at home he also got a child..
if deliberatly have child then pay for it

Several people don't want kids because they are a lot of responsibility and costs a lot to take care for. Many moms or dads don't work so they take care of kids when they are sick from school or a parent goes to work on the weekends, can be many other reasons. It's cheaper than spending $1,000+ a month on daycare services.

Sorry if I'm not clear. I meant-- right now, it's current two children per family by average birth rate. So, I just guess it could be just one child per family, due to less desire of wanting kids in future.

But, someone may make a good point about longevity and less desire for having a child. I remember somewhere article said it might be average of 100 years old elders in near future. Not sure.

Also, I find interesting that others disagree with childfree because of a lack of tax and retirement and no help from their 'non-existence' children, which means childfree people can live off the taxes of other people's children. They said they don't have any problem if childfree people provide their own retirement needs. Otherwise they will think it's selfish.

Hmm...

I just heard on the news last night that kids will not live as long as their parents today as there are so many overweight kids .

Several people don't want kids because they are a lot of responsibility and costs a lot to take care for. Many moms or dads don't work so they take care of kids when they are sick from school or a parent goes to work on the weekends, can be many other reasons. It's cheaper than spending $1,000+ a month on daycare services.

Some people do not like kids. I was grocery shopping and saw the little girl wandering around and I said something to a woman that worked there and the woman said " I do not like kids" I was :shock: and said "I am worried about the girl being alone in the store or lost. The employee did nothing , I was going to get help but the mom finally showed up. I could not believe it , fine if that woman does not like kids but not to be concerned for little girl safety is criminal.

I'm not a big "kid" fan but if a child seemed to, or needed, help, I'd try to help them

I just heard on the news last night that kids will not live as long as their parents today as there are so many overweight kids .

Ah, that would be another reason, also... =/

Some people do not like kids. I was grocery shopping and saw the little girl wandering around and I said something to a woman that worked there and the woman said " I do not like kids" I was :shock: and said "I am worried about the girl being alone in the store or lost. The employee did nothing , I was going to get help but the mom finally showed up. I could not believe it , fine if that woman does not like kids but not to be concerned for little girl safety is criminal.

If I was there, I would tell her off to do her job! Don't be selfish asshat! :roll: I hope childfree people have a heart for those children in future...

Ah, that would be another reason, also... =/

If I was there, I would tell her off to do her job! Don't be selfish asshat! :roll: I hope childfree people have a heart for those children in future...

Yeah I should had done that , I wanted to see if the child needed help but little kids have a hard time understanding my speech . I can't understand how people do not like kids , they where kids too and would not had been here if their parents felt the same way.

Yeah I should had done that , I wanted to see if the child needed help but little kids have a hard time understanding my speech . I can't understand how people do not like kids , they where kids too and would not had been here if their parents felt the same way.
A mature adult should realize that one doesn't have to "like" a kid in order to help a kid. Do they think that some people (including kids) are not worthy of their help unless they are likable?

Oh no. I'm so sorry! I meant for that jerk as I yelled at her. Yeah, me either. :(

A mature adult should realize that one doesn't have to "like" a kid in order to help a kid. Do they think that some people (including kids) are not worthy of their help unless they are likable?

Exactly. That's something worries me... It suppose be our job as society to help us each other. =/

Back