Childfree is Now More Acceptable

Some people do not like kids. I was grocery shopping and saw the little girl wandering around and I said something to a woman that worked there and the woman said " I do not like kids" I was :shock: and said "I am worried about the girl being alone in the store or lost. The employee did nothing , I was going to get help but the mom finally showed up. I could not believe it , fine if that woman does not like kids but not to be concerned for little girl safety is criminal.

Wow, that's crazy....

A mature adult should realize that one doesn't have to "like" a kid in order to help a kid. Do they think that some people (including kids) are not worthy of their help unless they are likable?

I agree, I had a neighbor and we hated one another . I notice there where a few newspapers in front of her door so I rang her doorbell to see if she was OK. The bitch was fine and just about told me to F --- myself! So I was shocked when employee said "she did not like kids!" What the Hell does that have to do with seeing if the girl was lost in the store!! And I think employees would be told to watch out for any child that could lost in the store after what happen John Walsh son , Adam . Shaw's has a sign on their door that said it has ' Code Adam" . I was at Market Basket when that happen with the employee .

I agree, I had a neighbor and we hated one another . I notice there where a few newspapers in front of her door so I rang her doorbell to see if she was OK. The bitch was fine and just about told me to F --- myself! So I was shocked when employee said "she did not like kids!" What the Hell does that have to do with seeing if the girl was lost in the store!! And I think employees would be told to watch out for any child that could lost in the store after what happen John Walsh son , Adam . Shaw's has a sign on their door that said it has ' Code Adam" . I was at Market Basket when that happen with the employee .
Hard to imagine sometimes. :(

never actually thought of that!. sad and chilling..and sometimes I think makes it easy for government to control their people because their 'sense of belonging' is not in 'family structure' but government having closer bond on parents and their one child...quite chilling when you think about it...

I am Chinese and an only child. A girl. My parents happily complied with the policy. In China, when an only child marries another only child, they can have two children. Or more precisely, two pregnancies. If the second one results in twins, they will obviously have three. Most of us first batch of only children are now in our twenties and thirties and of child bearing age, so many of us can have more than one child within the policy. But many, especially in big cities, do not want to. My husband does not even want one. Lol

Those who want to have more than the policy will need to pay a fee. But they can do so if they choose to. And the cases of forced abortions and killing of live baby girls are extreme cases and greatly condemned by the society at large. Not nearly as common as some make it out to be. And certainly not condoned.

There are so many misconceptions in the west about China's family plan policies. I feel the need to clear some of it up. :)

Last edited:
The other sad and chilling result is the killing of infant girls in China. Parents want there only child to be a son so they eliminate the daughter. :(

Of course, what do you think happens if the only child has any kind of handicap?

If the child has a handicap, they can have another child. That's one of the main exceptions. My mother's coworker had a baby girl after their first born boy because the boy had congenital heart disease. Lucky for them, the boy now is an young adult and healthy. And their daughter is now in college.

I visited a blind school in Shanghai once and most kids there are only children. Their parent chose not to have more kids even when they easily could.

They have loosened the restriction a little in some areas, yes. (So they say.)

Those exceptions were set right from the beginning. In fact, the majority of the population (60%) fall under the exception. Only Han Chinese who live in cities are truly under the policy.

To be honest, I am all for abolishing the policy or at least for starting the fee after the second, not the first child. But my reason is because I think the policy has had its effect and now continuing will tilt the population toward aging too fast, if not already. However, I don't know how soon it will end.

Another reason I am for abolishing the policy is, the policy's main target is the the over crowded city population. But that same population is also the most well to do and best educated. Some of them will happily choose to have only one child with or without the policy. And the rest who otherwise would have more kids are in the best position to afford more.

I was born exactly 9 months after my dad graduated from college. (My parents had been married for five years when I was born.)

you know what you parents did on graduation day :giggle:

The other sad and chilling result is the killing of infant girls in China. Parents want there only child to be a son so they eliminate the daughter. :(

Of course, what do you think happens if the only child has any kind of handicap?

Yes, I am aware of this ..

Back