Cheney warns of new attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
duray,

"it is like clinton all over again." care to explain that, please -- especially given the fact that we are currently under a new administration that hasn't been in office for even a month?

Have you guys realized what Cheney's made you do?

Take a few steps back and look..

All this blabber :blah: about terrorists and safety, it's a welcome and "i'm not going to disappear yet" courtesy of Cheney to make you think about his words before he goes old and senile, forgotten, mistaken. That was my purpose of posting the picture of Abe Simpson, but I think only Byrdie caught it.

He should know nothing can be done to identify a terrorist nor prevent terrorism, yet here he is talking about it still.

I see his propaganda has spread on AD also. His mission objective of his speech was accomplished.
You can't prevent it. Why bother even going as far as to think about it?

Let whomever's in charge of the homeland security team stuff handle it, they have a job to do and its not yours to criticize. They won't even bother to read public comments, because I'm sure they're way ahead of our discussion as well.

If an act of 'terrorism' occurs again, well, that's called life.

PS. Cheney doesn't care what you think, as long as its not slander about him. What he cares about is what he thinks right now.

I learned a lesson from 9/11 and what other terrorists did to our country. Don't be a sleeper or think that it is not goin' to happen.

Use your concept.

Oh yes no doubt that it will happen but I don't let it dictates my life. As a responsible American citizen, I pay my tax and I own a gun. As a private citizen - I trust my government to protect us and I simply live my life - sleep around, drink booze, smoke weed. :smoking: but sadly enough... most of my time is :type: on AD and I don't regret it

source
Like Mr. Bush and other presidents before him, Mr. Obama typically begins his work day with a top-secret intelligence briefing on security threats against the United States. Mr. Bush received the “president’s daily brief” Monday through Saturday; Mr. Obama gets the briefing on Sunday as well.
Don't you wish you have an access to PDB (President's Daily Brief)? :laugh2:

btw - what exactly did you learn from 9/11 and what did you do to prepare for it? I'm not exactly sure how you can prepare against plane crashing into building.. maybe a parachute??? :dunno:

How is it, exactly, that you could identify a person as a terrorist? You have to be able to identitfy a terrorist before you can take action to protect yourself from them. The last I checked, terroists don't wear badges identifying themselves as terrorists. So how could you, as an average citizen of the U.S., identify anyone as a terrorist?

If Maria is able to identify a terrorist before any official announcement (such as picture of terrorist on tv) - then boy.... we surely are in trouble. What Bush Administration created such as Homeland Security, etc. would be an EPIC FAIL!

Oh yes no doubt that it will happen but I don't let it dictates my life. As a responsible American citizen, I pay my tax and I own a gun. As a private citizen - I trust my government to protect us and I simply live my life - sleep around, drink booze, smoke weed. :smoking: but sadly enough... most of my time is :type: on AD and I don't regret it

source

Don't you wish you have an access to PDB (President's Daily Brief)? :laugh2:

btw - what exactly did you learn from 9/11 and what did you do to prepare for it? I'm not exactly sure how you can prepare against plane crashing into building.. maybe a parachute??? :dunno:

I would be surprised if there were no more terrorist attacks on U.S. soil which is sad but I cant live my life in fear.

Exactly.

One of the men that hi jacked the plane that hit the World Trade center. Took his flight training not far from where I live.

No one knew. No one guessed.

The only thing. (just a rumor) in my local area they said he was in class just long enough to learn how to take off. Never completed the course or learned to land the plane.

No one ever suspected a reason. They just figured he dropped out of the flying lessons.

Precisely. You can't just see a person walking down the street, sitting in a restaurant, or boarding a plane, and immediately identify them as a terrorist.

If Maria is able to identify a terrorist before any official announcement (such as picture of terrorist on tv) - then boy.... we surely are in trouble. What Bush Administration created such as Homeland Security, etc. would be an EPIC FAIL!

No doubt!:giggle:

Now that is just absurd. The only thing that fear mongering prevents is logical, intelligent thought.
Here's the problem- they weren't making up threats that didn't exist or exaggerating threats that aren't very serious. The threat of terrorism is very real, so I don't see them as fear-mongers. That's why I put quotes around that word. An accusation of fear-mongering against people who acknowledge a threat and vow to defend us from it is itself devoid of logic and intelligence.

I agree with you about actual fear-mongering preventing logical, intelligent thought. Global warming's a great example of that. The Al Gores of the world would have us trash our economy to solve a problem whose very existence is in doubt via a solution whose efficacy is even more in doubt. Those who express any sort of skepticism are subject to abuse, ranging from name-calling (fascist, denier, psychopath, flat-earther, etc.) to losing their careers. That is an attempt at preventing logical, intelligent thought. Interestingly, those who advocate it are most likely to scream "fear-monger!" in regards to Islamic terrorism.

Now, if what I said is really that absurd, please feel free to refute it with something more than a one-adjective criticism involving no more effort than cracking open the thesaurus to the word "bad".

Here's the problem- they weren't making up threats that didn't exist or exaggerating threats that aren't very serious. The threat of terrorism is very real, so I don't see them as fear-mongers. That's why I put quotes around that word. An accusation of fear-mongering against people who acknowledge a threat and vow to defend us from it is itself devoid of logic and intelligence.

I agree with you about actual fear-mongering preventing logical, intelligent thought. Global warming's a great example of that. The Al Gores of the world would have us trash our economy to solve a problem whose very existence is in doubt via a solution whose efficacy is even more in doubt. Those who express any sort of skepticism are subject to abuse, ranging from name-calling (fascist, denier, psychopath, flat-earther, etc.) to losing their careers. That is an attempt at preventing logical, intelligent thought. Interestingly, those who advocate it are most likely to scream "fear-monger!" in regards to Islamic terrorism.

Now, if what I said is really that absurd, please feel free to refute it with something more than a one-adjective criticism involving no more effort than cracking open the thesaurus to the word "bad".

I don't need to use a thesaurus. My vocabularly is sufficiently large already, thank you. And I have already refuted your statement, and you, in fact have agreed with my refutation.

a very very very poor example of comparison of terrorism and global warming in terms of fear-mongering. Global Warming is NOT a good example of fear-mongering. The only person who would say such thing is the one who does not believe in global warming. global warming is something we can try to fix. BTW - Al Gores of the world would have us trash our economy??? I'm sorry but the last time I remember was that Al Gore was part of administration that resulted in surplus budget and Internet revolution.

However - Terrorism... that is PRECISELY why we pay our taxes and voted the officials so that they can do their jobs to prevent it since we cannot do anything about it. Why constantly remind us of terrorism? Since we cannot do anything about terrorism - it makes us feel fearful and powerless. If they had to resort to fear-mongering tactics on something that we cannot do anything about it, it's because they want you to keep voting for incompetent people that make their employers/shareholders rich. very rich. Ever heard of.... you know.... war profiteering?

...not to mention the fact that al gore won the nobel peace prize in 2007 for his advocacy efforts concerning global warming.

Precisely. You can't just see a person walking down the street, sitting in a restaurant, or boarding a plane, and immediately identify them as a terrorist.

If we were able to, then every terrorist would be in prison or hung by now. :roll:

So...they don't give out Nobel prizes for fear mongering. Too bad for Cheney.:giggle:
The Nobel Prizes have lost much of their prestige in recent years. It's a shame.

what do you mean "so?" being nominated and chosen for the nobel peace prize is quite an accomplishment. would you feel the same way if former president bush won a nobel peace prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back