Cheney warns of new attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not against Gore in this sense of his global warming speeches, as he is doing something that seems to show that he cares more than Cheney if we were to compare the two, which we are right now right? The only point I'm trying to get across is that he needs to choose examples or words that will actually represent what he is saying, instead of saying stuff like "death of the planet", "end of the earth", "brink of destruction" etc. These are scare-tactic words to me that influences someone else's thinking if they dunno physics/science/math, or don't utilize their brains in general.

Well, I did post a week or two ago about the hybrid stuff, to jillio and someone else I forgot.. But basically you don't really save any $$ from buying a hybrid until the ~10th year of owning it or so, which means profit for the mfg. company.

Well, I did post a week or two ago about the hybrid stuff, to jillio and someone else I forgot.. But basically you don't really save any $$ from buying a hybrid until the ~10th year of owning it or so, which means profit for the mfg. company.

Sigh.. kinda sad when people buy hybrid cars purely for an attempt to save money.....

Dudes.... do you NOT get the point of hybrid cars?

Sigh.. kinda sad when people buy hybrid cars purely for an attempt to save money.....

Dudes.... do you NOT get the point of hybrid cars?

I do, the point is obviously to go green.

But what I am saying is that not everyone chooses to go green, some are doing it for the so called "money" over green. The same people that are getting scared by Gore's propaganda statements. The commercial advertisement of "saving MPG" is the false way of doing it. I respect the ones that show tags of "scenery, and green earth". Please understand my take on t]hat.

You've also backed up my statement as well..
Think about this, if you were to ask every person who got a hybrid car, "Why did you buy one?"

I'm pretty confident that a good majority would say:
"FOR THE MPG and trips baby!................... oh and yeah to go green" (but they didn't really mean it)

While the ones who really bought it are like:
"I love the earth. We need more greenery. Global warming is bad. :blah:"

Why are we talking about hybrid cars again?

I do, the point is obviously to go green.

But what I am saying is that not everyone chooses to go green, some are doing it for the so called "money" over green. The same people that are getting scared by Gore's propaganda statements. The commercial advertisement of "saving MPG" is the false way of doing it. I respect the ones that show tags of "scenery, and green earth". Please understand my take on that.

I understand. I find something wrong with society when people respond to the ads of "saving MPG" more than "Green earth".

Sometimes I wonder if Al Gore, during his global warming campaign, realized that using the "scare tactic" method is the only method that works for the public. I am sure people go into politics being naive, having hope for "the people", trusting that they would do the "right thing", only to realize that informing the nation isn't as simple as you'd think.

You've also backed up my statement as well..
Think about this, if you were to ask every person who got a hybrid car, "Why did you buy one?"

I'm pretty confident that a good majority would say:
"FOR THE MPG and trips baby!................... oh and yeah to go green" (but they didn't really mean it)

While the ones who really bought it are like:
"I love the earth. We need more greenery. Global warming is bad. :blah:"

Why are we talking about hybrid cars again?

You also backed up my previous statement. Seems like only 2 things work: false advertising or scare tactics..... sigh...so can you blame Gore? One would argue that Cheney is using the same tactic, however his tactics have catastrophic results.. therein lies the difference.

So what you're saying is you think I have a snowball's chance in hell of screwing up enough to get a Nobel Peace Prize? I didn't really expect to hear that, but I appreciate the compliment. :ty:

Nope, but nice attempt at twisting my words.:wave: Didn't work, though.

Oh yea and buying hybrid cars. yes thank you. That one is a big one. Scary stuff!!! :shock:

Seriously, folks, what's the worst case that results from Gore's "fear mongering"?

OMG...we could all start recycling and using "twisty lightbulbs" and driving cars that use something other than fossil fuels? How horrible!!!!

I say we need to drop this whole ball game about Gore vs Cheney.

Because it's not on the same levels.

It is another barrel of mixing apples with oranges again, the fact therein lies on that they're sharing the barrel farm labeled as U.S.A.

Gore's got purpose for doing his talks, while Cheney, again, I claimed page 2 with this, and hopefully this re-claims:
34hfg2w.jpg

(Hear again, it is a picture of Grandpa Abe Simpson - You can read about why I chose him to represent Cheney by clicking right here.)

I say we need to drop this whole ball game about Gore vs Cheney.

Because it's not on the same levels.

It is another barrel of mixing apples with oranges again, the fact therein lies on that they're sharing the barrel farm labeled as U.S.A.

Gore's got purpose for doing his talks, while Cheney, again, I claimed page 2 with this, and hopefully this re-claims:
34hfg2w.jpg

(Hear again, it is a picture of Grandpa Abe Simpson - You can read about why I chose him to represent Cheney by clicking right here.)

Absolutely its a case of comparing apples to oranges. Tell Darkdog. It was his fallicious comparison.

OMG...we could all start recycling and using "twisty lightbulbs" and driving cars that use something other than fossil fuels? How horrible!!!!

Yes! I've never been so horrified in my life! Never!

*Swooping one of my hands up to my forehead and faints*

Oh yea and buying hybrid cars. yes thank you. That one is a big one. Scary stuff!!! :shock:

Seriously, folks, what's the worst case that results from Gore's "fear mongering"?

If I am scared into buying stuff or into behavior that takes care of our Earth, then I would be happy to listen to the "fear mongering" stuff about global warming!

Shel, the differential we were banking on there was that a majority of people will believe the advertisements and then end up _spending more money_ to fund the whole global warming concept, which is always good to go green, but if the theory about it is fallacious then you just gave someone else some cash.

Thus, certain people (not all) are spending more money which (profits for that company) for something they don't know about, only to follow what someone else told them.

Later on, when confronted about their purchase, they might jump back on and say "well I got it to go green!" when they didn't even know jack squat about it, nor intentionally bought it for that reason.

That's why Gore became apart of this thread.

But we really need to stop discussing about Gore, last time.
a. Gore's following a scientific theory that can be debated.
b. Cheney is banking on some words and random thoughts that have no scientific evidence pertaining to it at all.

Whether this theory is true or not I don't know nor have the brains to figure it out. But I'd like to move on and stop trying to disprove or prove both the Anti-Gore and Pro Gores right and wrong.

Shel, the differential we were banking on there was that a majority of people will believe the advertisements and then end up _spending more money_ to fund the whole global warming concept.

Thus, people are spending more money which (profits for that company) for something they don't know about, only to follow what someone else told them.

Later on, when confronted about their purchase, they might jump back on and say "well I got it to go green!" when they didn't even know jack squat about it, nor intentionally bought it for that reason.

That's why Gore became apart of this thread.

But we really need to stop discussing about Gore, last time.
a. Gore's following a scientific theory that can be debated.
b. Cheney is banking on some words and random thoughts that have no scientific evidence pertaining to it at all.

Whether this theory is true or not I don't know nor have the brains to figure it out. But I'd like to move on and stop trying to disprove or prove both the Anti-Gore and Pro Gores right and wrong.

If it means buying the cloth bags for shopping, energy saving bulbs and etc for less trash, I am all for it.

If it means buying the cloth bags for shopping, energy saving bulbs and etc for less trash, I am all for it.

That is good, and you'll be respected for conserving.

Just a good amount of people out there don't have that intellect that you do and are just doing what they're being told without thinking, regardless of being from Gore or Cheney.

Just a good amount of people out there don't have that intellect that you do and are just doing what they're being told without thinking, regardless of being from Gore or Cheney.

Oh I know what you mean. Some people follow Al Gore blindly without thinking twice. I've always been into being green. Long before all this "An Inconvenient Truth" hype getting everybody interested in being green.

There will always be sheeple. You can't make them think if they don't want to think.

Oh I know what you mean. Some people follow Al Gore blindly without thinking twice. I've always been into being green. Long before all this "An Inconvenient Truth" hype getting everybody interested in being green.

As have I Banjo. But if Gore managed to get a few more people on the green wagon, it certainly hasn't done any harm, and will no doubt do some small amount of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back