Chances of having another child with hearing loss?

it really is fifty- fifty.. look at me and my ex.. Im fully deaf and came from deaf family by genetics while my ex came from hearing family but have 2 deaf relatives.. when our older son born, we expected him to be deaf bec of my gentics and we was rite then 2nd son born, we expected him to be hearing bec of my ex wifes side but we was mistaken he is deaf too.. so really its hard to say .. same thing as my dad and mom.. my dad from deaf gentics and my mom from hearing family.. she was born hearing till had spinal mengtis and had me 1st- deaf, my hearing bro 2nd, and my deaf sis 3rd so its so tricky and hard to tell.....

Genes and DNA ccan be very weird and hard, if not impossible to predict in most cases.

first baby sooon :)

Hi everyone..Im new here :) Hope you are all doing well.

I have some questions and i would like some of you to answer me...i want to know... I am hearing impaired..I got married four months ago to a man who is hearing, his side family has no hearing problem. I have a brother who is born deaf, im the oldest sister. I have a 14 year old cousin who is just like me (hearing impaired) her mom and my mom's are sisters..her parents are cousins to each other..she thinks it maybe caused her to hearing impaired since her parents are cousins...there are 3 people in my family..so..my question is...me hearing impaired and my husband's hearing...what will happen to our first child? deaf or hearing or hearing impaired? what do you guys think? please let me know :)

well I have a grandmother who had hearing loss like me and so my grandma and I are the one with hearing loss :)
there is a chance that he might be hearing or deaf, just make sure you get a hearing screening for the baby

I came from 2 hearing parents and there was no hearing loss at all in either side of the family. Just those that lost it with age related problems, or my father got malaria while in the army and in Japan during the Korean Conflict. My hearing loss is considered to be hereditary, but I didn't get it from anyone, however, I did pass it on to both my kids.

Unless you know the specific syndrome or mutation and the inheritance pattern, you can't determine the odds. When a baby is born, there is always a possibility of a birth defect or inherited syndrome, even without a family history. Hope for a healthy baby, hearing or not, and enjoy getting to know this new little person.

Same with my other friend.

Grandmother, mother, daughter, son and father are deaf.

Daughter married a deaf guy and he is the only deaf in his family. They thought they had 100% chance in having a deaf child and their child turned out to be hearing. Her husband the only deaf in his family, but it was not due to sickness, it was a gene that caused him to be deaf.

I have some questions and i would like some of you to answer me...i want to know... I am hearing impaired..I got married four months ago to a man who is hearing, his side family has no hearing problem. I have a brother who is born deaf, im the oldest sister. I have a 14 year old cousin who is just like me (hearing impaired) her mom and my mom's are sisters..her parents are cousins to each other..she thinks it maybe caused her to hearing impaired since her parents are cousins...there are 3 people in my family..so..my question is...me hearing impaired and my husband's hearing...what will happen to our first child? deaf or hearing or hearing impaired? what do you guys think? please let me know

Back