Cash for clunkers

For anyone who benefited from the Cash for Clunkers program, you can thank me (and other tax payers) for your new car

Maybe if more than one-third of my income didn't go to taxes then I could afford a new car, too.

Final tally for Cash for Clunkers: 700,000 sales, $2.877B — Autoblog

Final tally for Cash for Clunkers: 700,000 sales, $2.877B

Top 10 new vehicles purchased

1. Toyota Corolla

2. Honda Civic

3. Toyota Camry

4. Ford Focus FWD

5. Hyundai Elantra

6. Nissan Versa

7. Toyota Prius

8. Honda Accord

9. Honda Fit

10. Ford Escape FWD

Top 10 trade-in vehicles

1. Ford Explorer 4WD

2. Ford F150 Pickup 2WD

3. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD

4. Ford Explorer 2WD

5. Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan 2WD

6. Jeep Cherokee 4WD

7. Chevrolet Blazer 4WD

8. Chevrolet C1500 Pickup 2WD

9. Ford F150 Pickup 4WD

10. Ford Windstar FWD Van

Obviously... consider 700,000 clunkers have been traded in for new gas saving vehicles... as I've heard the other day.... So as to peak oil, I don't want to know.... But you know what liquid glass is? That's what they put in these old clunkers, to seize up the motor, and render the vehicle useless, and sent to the recycling plants for melting the metal, to make new car parts out of ....

Again, the health care issue is damned important.... and still considered a top topic in today's news..... Wonder what 'll come out of it....

Consider Obama a super motormouth, and getting nothing done, cuz Congress is is only roadblock, that keeps Obama from accomplishing any-damn-thing....

You are really off topic about health care, it has nothing with cash for clunkers and tthis plan is already ended in few days ago.

Not only just Obama, also same with congresses and Bush admin too, regardless on parties.

We never got perfect government, man.

Oh I am not off topic... it is a topic that people are concerned, Obama can keep motormouthing all he wants, but he 'll never accomplish what he has said he would get done... cuz of Congress, That's Obama's only roadblock.... so simply this...

Why we voted for Obama, thinking we'd have a chance to turn things around, but knowing Congress would screw it all up... Think about it a minute, It WILL NEVER work,or accomplish anything as long as Obama and Congress keep this up...

Simply Obama is a SITTING DUCK no matter how hard he tries to get things done....

Oh I am not off topic... it is a topic that people are concerned, Obama can keep motormouthing all he wants, but he 'll never accomplish what he has said he would get done... cuz of Congress, That's Obama's only roadblock.... so simply this...

Why we voted for Obama, thinking we'd have a chance to turn things around, but knowing Congress would screw it all up... Think about it a minute, It WILL NEVER work,or accomplish anything as long as Obama and Congress keep this up...

Simply Obama is a SITTING DUCK no matter how hard he tries to get things done....

Yup, you did went off topic because of this thread is about cash for clunkers, not health care or Obama's performance issue.

Remember, Congress is majority democrats, it made more important for Obama.

Additional, public health insurance is already out of question due not enough senator vote so they are working on pre-existing and remove the caps, it means all private health insurances would require to cover you if you have any types of diseases.

Well, some of them are assembled in the US.
:roll:
the lion's share of the profits go to the home country.

I'd rather support american companies for american jobs.

thProudAmerican.gif

:roll:
the lion's share of the profits go to the home country.

I'd rather support american companies for american jobs.

thProudAmerican.gif

Maybe you could tell that to Ford and Chevy to attract consumers to buy their products. There's a reason why they still buy foreign cars....reliabity. At least 2 of the Ford models is in the top 10. :)

Maybe you could tell that to Ford and Chevy to attract consumers to buy their products. There's a reason why they still buy foreign cars....reliabity. At least 2 of the Ford models is in the top 10. :)
reliabity in american cars have been improving over the past 10 year at least. the late 70's and 80's cars suck. there were a few exceptions like the camaro, vette, firebird etc etc... they figured out their mistake and were correcting it. the main problem was the consumer base. they import lovers conitued to buy imports. many loyal to the big three stuck mainly with cars like the Camaro, Mustang pickups and SUVs. thoses buyers are the market base so that is what the companies continued build for...
they should have started making the retro style cars a decade ago. Never should have stopped making bad ass rides like the GTO Challenger GTX Roadrunners and so on...

the bogus laws passed in the early 70's killed the mucle car era. the BS "gas crisis" in the 70's is equally as guilty. basicly government meddling screwed the auto industry in the 70's. the government dictated horsepower limits and other BS. the oil crisis made people get little cars for cheaper gas when there were full oil tankers right off shore that wouldn't get delivered.

make me wonder what will happen to the auto industry in the future since the government is involved again :hmm:

I have actually written letters to GM asking them to start making cool car again.

anyway, all of my american cars are reliable. I've never owned a foreign car. can't even fit in them

I have a 1993 Ford that never failed me at 260K miles.. never broke down and strand me. It does have leaks, but it still kept on going. The OHV 4.0L Explorer is most reliable engine I've had. The only thing I had replaced since was radiator. The engine, tranny still original as well as starter, alternator, water pump.

I agree that the 70's and 80's cars had a lot of problems. 90's to now has improved significantly and lasted much longer averaging 200k to 300k miles without any overhaul.

Some of the factors is that consumer lost confidence in american made vehicles in the time and choose foreign cars. Foreign cars are still more reliable than american which needs to work on more to bring back consumer confidence and buy more american made vehicles.

With the government took control of GM and Chrysler/Dodge, who knows what kind of business they going to do with those two big companies. It's quite scary to see that government may put "bugs" in those vehicles to track where you going, speed etc.

Cash for Clunkers is wildy successful and popular program at the expense of american taxpayers. Will it be successful in the long run? We'll see, but the trouble is that finding an used engine and components will be expensive as many are destroyed beyond repair and irreversible by sodium silicate.

Obviously... consider 700,000 clunkers have been traded in for new gas saving vehicles... as I've heard the other day.... So as to peak oil, I don't want to know.... But you know what liquid glass is? That's what they put in these old clunkers, to seize up the motor, and render the vehicle useless, and sent to the recycling plants for melting the metal, to make new car parts out of ....

Again, the health care issue is damned important.... and still considered a top topic in today's news..... Wonder what 'll come out of it....

Consider Obama a super motormouth, and getting nothing done, cuz Congress is is only roadblock, that keeps Obama from accomplishing any-damn-thing....

I believe you missed this first post of topic. Here a link

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Cash for clunkers

reliabity in american cars have been improving over the past 10 year at least. the late 70's and 80's cars suck. there were a few exceptions like the camaro, vette, firebird etc etc... they figured out their mistake and were correcting it. the main problem was the consumer base. they import lovers conitued to buy imports. many loyal to the big three stuck mainly with cars like the Camaro, Mustang pickups and SUVs. thoses buyers are the market base so that is what the companies continued build for...
they should have started making the retro style cars a decade ago. Never should have stopped making bad ass rides like the GTO Challenger GTX Roadrunners and so on...

the bogus laws passed in the early 70's killed the mucle car era. the BS "gas crisis" in the 70's is equally as guilty. basicly government meddling screwed the auto industry in the 70's. the government dictated horsepower limits and other BS. the oil crisis made people get little cars for cheaper gas when there were full oil tankers right off shore that wouldn't get delivered.

make me wonder what will happen to the auto industry in the future since the government is involved again :hmm:

I have actually written letters to GM asking them to start making cool car again.

anyway, all of my american cars are reliable. I've never owned a foreign car. can't even fit in them

Yeah, I think I noticed that Ford is getting better with their products and thought why they didn't do that long time ago? Same with Chevy and other products....BUT full size trucks....America does the best with them...while foreign generally do better with cars. I do understand that you fit better in american cars, I can't blame that.

Yeah, I think I noticed that Ford is getting better with their products and thought why they didn't do that long time ago? Same with Chevy and other products....BUT full size trucks....America does the best with them...while foreign generally do better with cars. I do understand that you fit better in american cars, I can't blame that.

1. massive, dumb, greedy bureaucracy within the corporation
2. some of the major shareholders have connection to oil business (inefficient car means more oil bought)
3. UAW & high health insurance cost were killing them financially thus cutting R&D fund for innovative, gas-saving cars
4. list your reason here

4. corporate greed and kiss your ass attitude
5. More spending on gas, more tax for more highways and roads (back then). I sure hope it's not happening today, except in Houston.

Back