Cash for clunkers

Ford F-150 with 4.2L V-6 threw at least one rod and you can see sodium silicate all over on the asphalt. So you guys get the idea how it can kill any engine.

[yt]NepBhYzQjvU[/yt]

Bunch of morons to ruin a perfectly good engine when the vehicle could be put to better use.

Bunch of morons to ruin a perfectly good engine when the vehicle could be put to better use.

It's not their fault and they hate doing this. It's the law that they must destroy engines before they get crushed at our own expense. It's part of the government program, once you trade in old vehicles, the government owns it and orders dealers to destroy engines so it will not be used again.

Sodium silicate solution is irreversible, so once engine becomes glass water, it's beyond repair and will never be used again forever. It's impossible to clean everything out, since the solution plugs everything up when heated, thus seize up engine.

What is sodium silicate solution?

It is common known as "glass water" it is used to seal leaks in the gasket area and other leak repair services. In this case, the solution consists of 60% water, 40% of the sodium silicate. Once the engine starts, the oil pump sucks the solution and pumps around the engine circulating around, once warmed up, the water evaporates leaving the solution to plug up the engine bearings and cylinder walls as well as moving parts. Once the moving parts gets plugged, the engine locks up and can not move.

Government details how to kill engines.

Details by state If you scroll down to about the bottom of the page, California ranks the most with the rebates $326,800,000, while D.C. has the least with only $67,500

It's not their fault and they hate doing this. It's the law that they must destroy engines before they get crushed at our own expense. It's part of the government program, once you trade in old vehicles, the government owns it and orders dealers to destroy engines so it will not be used again.

Sodium silicate solution is irreversible, so once engine becomes glass water, it's beyond repair and will never be used again forever. It's impossible to clean everything out, since the solution plugs everything up when heated, thus seize up engine.
the ones that made the law are a bunch of fuckin' morons!

Which means the C4C program reflects that very microcosm of the "O" administration. A clunker. A sign of massive govt waste in all forms. And if you didn't know this was modeled after Germany's own C4C program and now Germany is going to pay for their mistake, too.
No More Cash for Clunkers: The Party's Over for German Carmakers - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Oh, they "hate" doing that? Do you realize that the people in the video were laughing over the demise of that car/engine? I bet that car would've had many good years of use. The C4C program was one of the worst hair-brained idea to come out of the administration. And I bet this failure will manifest itself over the next several months or so and again will try and shift the blame on Bush.

Wait and see...

The M.O. continues.

You know what? I used to live in NM and see all the time people tow used cars across the border to Mexico. At least they learn to be quite resourceful. Why not buy the used cars, sell them for $500 bucks each and let them take those used "clunkers" into Mexico?

Like CC said, it's an effing waste.

There are people from another country that needs cars, like for example, people in Iraq needs them and a few other places who are poor and cannot afford it.

Which means the C4C program reflects that very microcosm of the "O" administration. A clunker. A sign of massive govt waste in all forms. And if you didn't know this was modeled after Germany's own C4C program and now Germany is going to pay for their mistake, too.
No More Cash for Clunkers: The Party's Over for German Carmakers - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Oh, they "hate" doing that? Do you realize that the people in the video were laughing over the demise of that car/engine? I bet that car would've had many good years of use. The C4C program was one of the worst hair-brained idea to come out of the administration. And I bet this failure will manifest itself over the next several months or so and again will try and shift the blame on Bush.

Wait and see...

The M.O. continues.

They may be laughing about it but pretty much a lot of them hate doing this because it is totally unnecessary. In some videos, they may be laughing, some other videos they showing sadness in disgust. They have no choice but to do what the law tells them to do.

On the other hand - Yes, I have heard about the similar C4C that Germany did in the past. There is not much we can do when government makes the law or force us to pay taxes on unnecessary things like C4C program. I do agree that it is stupid idea that lawmakers imposed the rules. Oh well.

And that tells the story exactly how Congress works. A clunker. If there's a red flag waving that's one right there for the fed. govt.

Back