Can't We All Just Get Along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have by now noticed that I am rather conservative in my views and extremely outspoken about them, as well. We will never agree, and that is okay. If we all thought the same this world would be a very boring place. Debate can be fun if done with respect. There is no need for attacking the individual or resorting to petty name-calling when there is a disagreement. Ocassionally, you may even have the opportunity to sway my views by presenting appropriate documentation and vice versa. But when people start belittling one another they lose all credibility (as has been pointed out). Some of my best friends in RL and here OL are liberal Democrats, who I adamantly disagree with, yet we remain friends. I hope that the rest of us can agree to disagree or at least disagree with respect, as well, in the future. :ty:

That would be great! And members and moderators alike have been calling for this behavior to happen.

But it seems there are always a few people who get so emotional they can't control themselves.

But I really do absolutely agree with your post. (But I wish I knew what RL and OL mean?)

Never mind is it Real Life and ONline Life?

I thought all the battles in political debate as Souggy just called Kokonut and anarcist?

Ha that explains why, i didn't bother to read some of the certain threads related with political debates since there is no wrong or right. It's all grey and vague facts. thanks botti. I keep calling you botti than botte since botti looks prettier than botte, if you dont mind. :giggle:

I thought all the battles in political debate as Souggy just called Kokonut and anarcist?

Who said there's anything wrong with anarchy? Victoria (literally) is the anarchist capital of North America.

Either way, this is nothing new. It has been going on long before the incidences on AllDeaf. It has been going on in the blogsphere for years.

The only thing is that the moderators asked to stop with the ad hominem.

Oh we all get along just furry fine. I'm sure if we all came to the peoples republic of boulder we would all be sitting around like george washington and his boys did, drinkin some fine brews and lightin some up. All the while botts wearing her tiedye crocs.

That imagination alone will make even the grittest fellow at peace with him all knowing he's part of something special, an AllDeaf gathering.

Who said there's anything wrong with anarchy? Victoria (literally) is the anarchist capital of North America.

Either way, this is nothing new. It has been going on long before the incidences on AllDeaf. It has been going on in the blogsphere for years.

The only thing is that the moderators asked to stop with the ad hominem.

Yes, but it is childish and causes perfectly good threads to be locked simply because one or two individuals seem to be incapable of controlling themselves and sticking to the topic at hand rather than verbally assaulting anyone they disagree with. I have been guilty of this behavior as well, so I am not claiming innocence. I find it difficult to respond to those who attack me in a calm manner, but that is no excuse.

Ha that explains why, i didn't bother to read some of the certain threads related with political debates since there is no wrong or right. It's all grey and vague facts. thanks botti. I keep calling you botti than botte since botti looks prettier than botte, if you dont mind. :giggle:

OT, but Botti is my nickname in RL as well as OL so you were correct in using it!:lol:

(ps notice how I used so many acronyms? :applause: for me!)

Oh we all get along just furry fine. I'm sure if we all came to the peoples republic of boulder we would all be sitting around like george washington and his boys did, drinkin some fine brews and lightin some up. All the while botts wearing her tiedye crocs.

That imagination alone will make even the grittest fellow at peace with him all knowing he's part of something special, an AllDeaf gathering.

Did you already get me my tie dyed Crocs????

RL = real life

OL = on line

Eve, this has been an on-going issue. You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/70537-attn-addressing-some-issues-has-been-going.html

Thanks for the topic, sallylou. I seem to have missed this since I only returned to AD last week. Obviously there are some members who haven't taken Jolie77's post to heart. I would hate to see anyone banned because they can't treat others with the same respect they seem to demand for themselves.

Everybody knows that "anarchist" or "anarchy" isn't seen in the most of positive light by most people.

Anarchy:
Pronunciation: \ˈa-nər-kē, -ˌnär-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Medieval Latin anarchia, from Greek, from anarchos having no ruler, from an- + archos ruler — more at arch-
Date: 1539
1 a : absence of government b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority

Eve is right. Instead of zeroing on the commenter themselves, argue on the merits of the arguments and opinions instead.

I agree and hope your mostly referring to the debating issues. I stay clear from those but like the light hearted silly threads.

I agree and hope your mostly referring to the debating issues. I stay clear from those but like the light hearted silly threads.

I like the light hearted threads as well, but I refuse to avoid a thread simply because someone else wants to be a bully.

Tie dye crocs? Where can I get a pair of those?

and kokonut called banjo "BJ" as in blowjob via ad hominem

Everybody knows that "anarchist" or "anarchy" isn't seen in the most of positive light by most people.

Anarchy:
Pronunciation: \ˈa-nər-kē, -ˌnär-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Medieval Latin anarchia, from Greek, from anarchos having no ruler, from an- + archos ruler — more at arch-
Date: 1539
1 a : absence of government b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority

Eve is right. Instead of zeroing on the commenter themselves, argue on the merits of the arguments and opinions instead.

so why haven't you done that earlier today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back