Buying a House... Before or After Marriage?

Well, Today single people buy house now days, If person already have a house the probably move in his or her house until they decided to buy new home for bigger space. I have seen people who gets married buy house later before they decided to start a family. Some buy house after they get married. It would gone either way. I am sure marriage couple would discuss buy house together before making a big desicion. :)

I prefer after married for the house. Because it was the right thing to do, even husband and wife should have discuss about which they like for house and etc. To make husband and wife seem more comfortable. So it's my thought.

Whoever can buy a house before marriage, on his/her own...and get married and put the other person on the deed. Share costs. Or wait untl after marrying to get the house together. To each his or her own.

:topic:, but similiar to this.... The entire catering business we put together is all in my name, including equipment and trailer. We paid for everything together. However, say we split up, we will work things out. I'm fair that way.

No splitting up, though. We need each other too much plus our little "wedding rings"......

Just a tough subject that each couple needs to tread through lightly. My two cents.

Funny, I posted in this a while ago. I'd like to change my position on this. I'd like to buy a bungalow even before I meet someone, if given the chance. I can always rent it out or sell it for profit at some point. Pretty much what metroguy is saying there. I do think it is a waste of money renting apartments technically, but it's great not having to do all the homeowner maintenance.. there's the landlord or landlady!

Funny, I posted in this a while ago. I'd like to change my position on this. I'd like to buy a bungalow even before I meet someone, if given the chance. I can always rent it out or sell it for profit at some point. Pretty much what metroguy is saying there. I do think it is a waste of money renting apartments technically, but it's great not having to do all the homeowner maintenance.. there's the landlord or landlady!

Like a ranch house?

Yeah, that would be good benefit for you.

My husband and I got married. We didnt have much money to buy a house. It took us 5 years to get own a house. We don't want waste our time to wait for buy house then get marry because we will never know if we will never get house or will get a house.

It's ok to buy house in before marriage, just make full name under yourself as owner, like diehardbiker said, also need make salaries that's very above than mortgage payment.

For me, I would love to own nice house in southwest USA (Arizona is most preferred), except for CA in near future when real estate market and economy are recover, also need have better job paying too and wouldn't mind about marry woman if homosexual marriage isn't legal in some states. In previous, I used to not believe in marriage but not anymore, I accept marriage, also I had lost my interest on homosexual due alot of conflict in political.

Me and my husband just got an apartment to live. We have been live together since in Feb 2005. We want to have a house but we aren't ready. We are saving our money for a new house. He need to finish with his college first. He want to find a best job in future. We will buy a new house in future.

This is very difficult part of dealing with a prenuptial (prenup or prenupt) agreement before they get married. If this person does not agree some of the prenuptial, then it is a problem. An owner of the house will kick a boyfriend/girlfriend out of the house. That's a true sad.

My own opinion is that I really do not believe in a marriage. I do believe is the spare of life and money. Both partners (boyfriend/girlfriend) could buy a house with 50/50 percent. It is a risk that they will "lose" the house after breaking up the relationship because they will have a difficult to buy their own home with high house value on the market.

If they are married and own two houses, they can keep their own house after the divorce.

In a rare situation, they never married and have two houses. They will keep their own house if they are lucky. That would be a great.

In other subject, a man makes more money than his wife. The law stated that the ex-husband must pay his ex-wife monthly or weekly for most of life. That is a scary because what would happen if the ex-husband gets a laid off or fired from his job. He still has to pay her - I don't know how long it takes... otherwise, he will be jailed.

If you broke up with your girlfriend and have a child, the law stated that you must pay the child support until the child turns 18 years old. I think many states have the same law. You really cannot mess up this law. (You better check the information in your state.)

so much for the liberal feminism, (now, the operative word -liberal- does not refer to being 'open minded' it is refering to how the political stance is taken on the socio-economic aspects are viewed. Basically a far-right side of a political view with a slant of a female version of entrepreneurs.

With this as a basis of a certai distortion, I too disagree with marriage for that same reason, the certain states (I dont live in USA) have some really male chauvinist influence but it backfires so badly. Really makes no sense, one might argue this whacked up ideas of the law are the roots of the many crimes in the states.

I too disagree with Child support with that the heavy handed of women's independence being ranted on makes them somewhat of a crass hypocrite or rather in most cases gives a bad name to women since the laws seems to encourage such an abuse to which has nothing to do with justice but control of people's mobility from and in between marriages. To me, what can also shows that the heavy cost of marriage and divorces has made an lucrative industry for family lawyers, so theres reason to be cynical of this, while 'they' say its justified to 'protect' the stability of society - BLOW MY ASS !! this is utter bullshit. They just like to have set a high fee to make themselves comfortable. Franky im not sure where or how all this come to be like this, but Im sure a history in lawyership (if there's a such thing) would be highly interesting and we can be certain there would be alot of skeleton in the closet for the Law industry.

Back on topic, if i were you, I'd just rent somewhere not too cheap, just comfortable to and watch how the experience of marriage develops this way you would likely learn abotu each other's tastes and therefore would make it easier to do house hunting to find a house that suits you both. That is, if the house-hunting is on your agenda. Or just move in one another's existing place, share the rent, sign a prenup while the prenup doesnt have to be forever its just s afe guard against real pains in the long run if it doesnt work out all too quickly.

The saying "Life is a bitch , then you marry one" isn't conjured up for nothing. This doesnt have to be, and is not alway the case, but culturally people have vented against this flawed system, so they somehow spat out this response to the difficult-to-gauge system which failed so many people.

Lastly, as i write this post, I must remind to acknowledge there are such things as guilty men and guilty women as does there are innocent men and innocent women. Arguments in society in the courts and out, have severed and distorted the role of blame in the blame game.

Back