Bush trying to ban same sex marriage...

Steel said:
This IS what I'm talking about

That does not mean anything.. That does not mean he is following the child...:roll:

if he was being suspenious, he would be considered "following" someone

Oh Steel Oh Steel.. Let me give u an example.. If I Was waiting to across the street a guy walks along with me across the street does that mean he gotta rape me? Murder me? No it means he is just walking across the street too just the same time I am... :P

Cheri said:
Oh Steel Oh Steel.. Let me give u an example.. If I Was waiting to across the street a guy walks along with me across the street does that mean he gotta rape me? Murder me? No it means he is just walking across the street too just the same time I am... :P
well...if he was giving you a weird look or whatever, then...he would give me the creeps but okay, I can see the difference anyway

Steel said:
if he was being suspenious, he would be considered "following" someone

No, Vampz is saying. When the parent is with the kid. That kid saw black guy. He point and ask his parent "why he black". The parents wouldn't saying "child rapist"" as you would saying it. That's why it offense Fly Free. :nono:

Bush trying to ban same sex marriage... ???

hmm.... their bedroom is not my business.

Banjo said:
and let's ban...!

I'm in Canada and gay marriage is now LEGAL :applause:

I was on this other msg board the other week and bunch of guys started bashing 'homos' among other things. I complained and they accused me of being 'liberal Canadian, no guns and no support' bla bla; then I complained to the site admin to lock the thread...

Site admin kicked me off!

Unbelievable, I mean, WTF. Sheesh I suppose long way to go before we behave as social equals :|

"I swear to the Lord
I still can't see
Why Democracy means
Everybody but me."

Langston Hughes

:deal: huh!

I think bush should try to have sex with one of his men in whitehouse.

anyway banning same sex marriage is totally wrong. people have their own choices.
they should not use religious things in the laws.

Solution: Vote for a Senator/House of Representative that has the same beliefs as you do. Even if Bush wants to vote for marriage rights, he can still be outvoted.

Now thats why y'all should vote. Do homework on the candidates' beliefs and politicial inclinations. Then vote. November 2, I think.

Cheri said:

heh, i quite argee.

one time I was walking towards home, and there just happened to be this teenage boy a few yards ahead of me, walking somewhere too...

and we just happened to be going the same way...

but he looked back at me, and then walked on.. and then he looked back at me again, and then stopped, turned around... and said something to me..I wasn't sure but from what I could tell at an distance, he was saying something to the effect of: "Why are you following me?"

but I wasn't sure if that was really what he said... so I didn't answer and just kept on walking.

and he started shaking all over, presumably from fright.. and then I was thinking to myself: "hmmm.... do I really look like a supicous person? it's almost amusing that he's scared of a deaf person... but then again, he doesn't even know anyway..."

and I just walked on past him, pretending that he wasn't even there... after all, I had nothing to say to an stranger, even if a young boy, who thought I was following him when I wasn't.

the look on his face was classic.. lol. I walked on past him towards my apartment, and when I glanced at him, he ran off towards some house. lol.

do I really look like a supicous person? or do any person easily get scared if people are all going the same way as them, even though the other people aren't always bad....

It's natural to be suspicious of strangers, especially people you don't know that just happen to have lives similar to yours so you could both assume that each was stalking the other even tho that is not the case.

Yeah, I suppose. :)

and in this world nowdays, you can't really be too careful. Young, really old or in between, anybody can be dangerous. :-\

a pity though.

thread derailment abound!!!! :topic: :smash:

how abt we get ourselves back on topic :D

well as of THIS date and time -- gay marriage argument has ALREADY hit the fan -- i just think that the amendment that Bush created will never get past the senate/house -- lets just hope Bush is voted OUT of office!!!!!! i also wouldnt want to see a repeat of elections 2000 where stupid FL Gov Jeb Bush being GW's brother would fix the votes again -- that is a BIG :nono: !!!!

the NGLTF and the Lambda Legal Team are doing great on battling for our rights to get married -- SF has married up many same sex couples as did MA and VT :thumb: to those states!

Fly Free said:
thread derailment abound!!!! :topic: :smash:

how abt we get ourselves back on topic :D

well as of THIS date and time -- gay marriage argument has ALREADY hit the fan -- i just think that the amendment that Bush created will never get past the senate/house -- lets just hope Bush is voted OUT of office!!!!!! i also wouldnt want to see a repeat of elections 2000 where stupid FL Gov Jeb Bush being GW's brother would fix the votes again -- that is a BIG :nono: !!!!

the NGLTF and the Lambda Legal Team are doing great on battling for our rights to get married -- SF has married up many same sex couples as did MA and VT :thumb: to those states!

forgot to add another organization -- the HRC

On 2nd November, Utah will go to the ballots to cast their votes for or against Amendment 3 to the Utah Consitution. It has two parts:

1) A marriage shall only consist of an union between a man and a woman.
2) A marriage shall only be that of a traditional marriage, and nothing else.

Most people think that this is an anti-gay marriage ballot, but they do not realise that this law will also affect straight couples as well, especially when they have not married in a traditional way. I would be VERY SHOCKED if Utahns voted in majority to be against Amendment three.

Since Bush failed to ban Gay marriage on federal level so he got his Bush campaign team to tell most state to put it on their ballot for nov 2nd and now guess what? 11 states passed!!

but he said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6338458/
http://www.bushtimes.com/cgi-bin/iowa/news/?topic=12

see this headline "Bush cheers 'gay' church after 'Marriage Week'" in: http://www.retakingamerica.com/leaders_bush_file_main.html while you are scrolling down to find that headline, you will be amazed to see lots of stuffs about Bush that you didn't know!!

Spread this around to other who didn't know even to those conservative christian who may be your friends. Open their eyes... and turn the red sea into normal sea!

Actually, George Bush shouldn't have to ban (or approve) gay marriages. When it comes to things like that, I believe its best to leave it to the states and the voters:

Solution: Vote for a Senator/House of Representative that has the same beliefs as you do. Even if Bush wants to vote for marriage rights, he can still be outvoted.

This is the best advice I've seen in a while. While we all claim its our duty to vote, part of that requires us to be somewhat educated when it comes to making decisions. What a politician says before elections is often very different from their voting record over the past decade.

If you don't like the laws in your state, then do what you can to change them. It shouldn't be to the federal government to come in and tell your state what they need to.

For the most part, it really doesn't matter whether Bush is for/against gay marriage. Its the states citizens of the states that voted the way they did. If a state passed anti gay marriage laws, I'm not sure how George Bush could be blamed for that (although he seems to be blamed for a lot of things outside of his control....He is the president, but he isn't GOD).

From my upbringing, I was taught that gay is bad and marriage should be between man and woman. I still believe that this is the case in the eyes of God. I do,however, really disagree with any sort of biased against people who are gay. I am also against 'life partners' not being able to partake in some of the benefits that married couples do. For example, healthcare coverage for spouses, inheritance, etc. Whether its a gay couple or a straight couple who have been life partners for 20 years, they should be afforded the same rights (and responsibilities).

For the rest of the gay lifestyle, what is in your bedroom is in your bedroom and I should have nothing to say about that. If you are a gay soldier, police officer, firefighter or any other profession, if you can do your job as required, then more power to you and I'll back you 100% on that.
At one time, it was said that women could not be firefighters, police officers, or military. I've met many a woman who could put a man to shame.

While I'll often show my support for Bush, I give Kerry two thumbs up for his stance

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry backs civil unions for gay couples, too. He opposes gay marriage but also opposes the idea of a constitutional ban.

As for Bush:
“I don’t think we should deny people rights to a civil union, a legal arrangement, if that’s what a state chooses to do so,” Bush said in an interview aired Tuesday on ABC. Bush acknowledged that his position put him at odds with the Republican platform, which opposes civil unions.
Bush knows it should be left up the states to make the decisions (as it should be). Its also good to see that Bush took this stance although it put him at odds with Republicans...hes voting his conscience and not a party kool-aid drinker.

Last edited:
Back