Bush Obsessed over Iraq???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatoCooper13

Reaction score
Botulinum bacteria found in Iraq

AP - US President George W Bush said that a vial of botulinum bacteria found in Iraq was evidence of Saddam Hussein's weapons intent.

But the chief US weapons inspector said the vial had been stored for safekeeping in an Iraqi scientist's refrigerator since 1993. He offered no evidence it had been used in a weapons program during the last decade.

Inspector David Kay also said American weapons hunters had found no evidence Iraq has recently tried to import a semi-refined form of uranium from Niger or anywhere else. Bush cited that claim in his State of the Union address, although administration officials later acknowledged it was based on shaky intelligence and should not have been included.

However, Kay's search teams did locate documents suggesting another country in Africa - which Kay refused to identify - had offered uranium to Iraq, though it does not appear the deal went through. "We don't have any evidence it moved beyond what was probably an unsolicited offer," Kay said.

Kay had reported to Congress that his team has so far found no weapons of mass destruction inside Iraq. But Bush said the Iraq war was justified and cited a handful of evidence in particular - including the vial of bacteria - that Kay found ample signs that Saddam "was a danger to the world".

"The report states that Saddam Hussein's regime had a clandestine network of biological laboratories, a live strain of deadly agent botulinum, sophisticated concealment efforts and advanced design work on prohibited longer-range missiles", Bush told reporters before leaving for a daylong trip to Milwaukee.

Secretary of State Colin Powell also cited the discovery of the vial of bacteria, along with confirmation that Iraq was trying to develop longer range missiles than the United Nations permitted.

"We are more convinced by the Kay report that we did the right thing," Powell told reporters. "Do you think vials of botulism should constitute a weapons of mass destruction? .... They never lost that capability. They never lost that intent."

State Department spokesman Richard Boucher added: "You kill people with botuli. They have no other use."

The toxin can be used as a biological weapon.

Kay, in a briefing later with reporters, said the Iraqi scientist who had the vial had been given it for safekeeping at his home by another, senior scientist, in 1993. He initially had other samples, most of which he quickly returned.

"He was storing them in his refrigerator," Kay said. "He had small children."

Although tests showed that the one vial of bacteria that the scientist kept was still viable, Kay offered no evidence it had been used in a weapons program during the last decade.

The president, in public remarks, also shrugged off polls showing rising doubts about whether the war was worth the costs.

"Sometimes the American people like the decisions I make, sometimes they don't," he told reporters.

"But they need to know I make tough decisions, based upon what I think is right, given the intelligence I know."

But Democrats, already hammering the president over his $US87 billion ($A127.3 billion) request for military and rebuilding operations in Iraq, quickly latched onto Kay's interim report as further proof that the attack on Iraq was ill-advised.

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, emerging from a briefing with Kay, said it was "clear to me that there was no imminence of a threat for weapons of mass destruction", as the White House had claimed.

Senator Carl Levin of Michigan, the top Democrat on the Armed Services Committee, after a separate meeting with Kay, said the report reinforced the need to look into the reasons prewar intelligence "could have been so far off and ... whether or not it was exaggerated or whether or not it was hyped, either by the intelligence community or by the users of that intelligence".

Kay, who served as the UN's chief nuclear weapons inspector in 1991, said it would take an additional six to nine months for the 1,200 people under his command to complete their work.

Congressional sources say the administration has asked Congress for an additional $US600 million ($A877.83 million) for the project.

Senator Edward Kennedy, a prominent critic of the Iraq war, said that after listening to Kay he was "convinced more than ever" that the main administration justification for the war - that Iraq posed an imminent threat - was unfounded.

He said the $US600 million ($A877.83 million) to hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq could be better spent by devoting $US300 million ($A438.92 million) to the search for Osama bin Laden and another $US300 million ($A438.92 million) investigating North Korea's nuclear weapons program.

©AAP 2003

WaterRats13

I do not think that Iraqis people would make the chemical weapon because they are extremely poor material or education. They do not know much about the science.

My feelings guts that Pres Bush is very obsessed since his Father was the President in 1990's. There is no weapon chemical since Saddam denied it.

We will see and wait, what will the Saddam in public trial next Monday, December 22nd.

The media will be extremely CRAZY, the newsweek, Time, etc.. magazines publishment picture uglies of Saddam as a caveman. Poor the Children, it really nightmares for the kids. :(

Well, it could be that he's obessed.. all he want to find the fact so he can say in public hearings with saddam.

Sad thing, Bush gain trust and interest from the USA people and Untied States people lost interest in Howard Dean for next president.

It has nothing with Bush(s) and Iraq.

It start in 1986: The United Nations reports Iraqi use of chemical weapson against Iranian soldiers between 1981 and 1984.

1988: Iraq uses chemical weapson on the Kurds at Halabja.

And Bush Sr. brought Operation Desert Storm (Jan 1991) which they are protect for Kuwait from Iraq. Later, in March, Iraq troop tried assassination on Bush Sr.

In 1999, Iraq reject new UN weapons inspection proposals.

I didn't look at bull information from website. I found it on New York Times newspaper (Monday, Dec 16th, 2003).

i personally think what Bush has been doing is just trying to hold onto the famed address for another term -- i just think hes trying to save face :madfawk: at stupid President Bush -- Bush needs to be voted OUT of office nuf said

Fly Free said:
i personally think what Bush has been doing is just trying to hold onto the famed address for another term -- i just think hes trying to save face :madfawk: at stupid President Bush -- Bush needs to be voted OUT of office nuf said

I certainly agree with you Fly Free. I really do not want to see Pres Bush, Jr to running again President for 2005 ! We did not want our economic becomes worse, more laying off from the jobs, stock went down and down, etc...

Did not want another Great Depression like in 1940's ! :madfawk: President Bush... Now, it makes him LOOKS Fucking Good that our U.S. Troops captured Saddam. Bush just sat on his ass on the chair to eat bunches of preztels. He did not do anything !!!

Please vote Demonrate. No more Republication. We have enough of Rep Presidental hurtful our economical !

Sabrina said:
I certainly agree with you Fly Free. I really do not want to see Pres Bush, Jr to running again President for 2005 ! We did not want our economic becomes worse, more laying off from the jobs, stock went down and down, etc...

Did not want another Great Depression like in 1940's ! :madfawk: President Bush... Now, it makes him LOOKS Fucking Good that our U.S. Troops captured Saddam. Bush just sat on his ass on the chair to eat bunches of preztels. He did not do anything !!!

Please vote Demonrate. No more Republication. We have enough of Rep Presidental hurtful our economical !

Umm... Republication are pretty strong, right now.

Once they captured Saddam, I won't change my mind for not vote for Bush.

This war thing is a good distraction from focusing on what needs to be worked on.... USA. I'm afraid politicians are using Iraq and the sept 11 tragedy to their advantage. And how interesting, Saddam's capture occurred just before the 2004 elections.......

I have seen Serbians taking their country back peacefully even if a tyrant like Milosevic refused to let go after the elections proved people didnt want him at all....... these brave citizens have had to use civil disobedience.

In other words, will we have to resort to peaceful civil disobedience to take OUR country back? Martin Luther King Jr and Rosa Parks did this. :)

CHEROKEE WISDOM

An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on
inside me"; he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between
two wolves."

"One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance,
self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority,
ego and intolerance."

"The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility,
kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, understanding
and tolerance."

"This same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person,
too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Liza said:
This war thing is a good distraction from focusing on what needs to be worked on.... USA. I'm afraid politicians are using Iraq and the sept 11 tragedy to their advantage. And how interesting, Saddam's capture occurred just before the 2004 elections.......

I have seen Serbians taking their country back peacefully even if a tyrant like Milosevic refused to let go after the elections proved people didnt want him at all....... these brave citizens have had to use civil disobedience.

In other words, will we have to resort to peaceful civil disobedience to take OUR country back? Martin Luther King Jr and Rosa Parks did this. :)

CHEROKEE WISDOM

An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on
inside me"; he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between
two wolves."

"One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance,
self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority,
ego and intolerance."

"The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility,
kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, understanding
and tolerance."

"This same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person,
too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

I love this quote Liza. Thanks for sharing it!

Sabrina said:
WaterRats13

I do not think that Iraqis people would make the chemical weapon because they are extremely poor material or education. They do not know much about the science.

My feelings guts that Pres Bush is very obsessed since his Father was the President in 1990's. There is no weapon chemical since Saddam denied it.

We will see and wait, what will the Saddam in public trial next Monday, December 22nd.

The media will be extremely CRAZY, the newsweek, Time, etc.. magazines publishment picture uglies of Saddam as a caveman. Poor the Children, it really nightmares for the kids. :(

I totally agree with u... He very obsessed since his father was the President he just want to make himself look good that he got Saddam but No Evidence... It dont make no sense.. U need Evidences to proof that Saddam is part of....That is my reasons why I do not like Bush.. he is not thinking right.. he needs proof why didnt he get his azz down there and look for it himself and make himself look good but no, the soliders have to do the work for him... Good Grief.

I don't think almost everybody if you read really good at newspaper. I am talk about paper not internet!

It has nothing with Bush for his father. "There is no such a personal, only business."

Remma it is just political rivarly...there are alway wars...Bush get upset over Saddam because he comments this he will kill his dad...I know remove saddam is impt but else than this it is getting nowhere... :crazy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back