Brown Rice (Just 4 Info)

I had a Japanese aunt for years, although sadly dead now.

a Japanese aunt??? interesting but god bless her soul! how about Japanese shrimp sushi with sour rice? it's my favorite :drool:

a Japanese aunt??? interesting but god bless her soul! how about Japanese shrimp sushi with sour rice? it's my favorite :drool:

She married my father's younger half brother when he was in the Army in Japan. In the sixties and seventies, when I was a kid, sushi wasn't that big a deal.

Tempura shrimp is something I remember fondly. She probably cooked more American style I think.

i tried knorr rices, not bad. i got em' for 90 cents. i added cut red bell pepper to the rice and of course added garlic for everything.
Knorr Sides Plus Veggies Cheddar Rice with Broccoli & Carrots

my BF cooked rice with deliciously chicken broth then steamed veggies (from trader's joe frozen veggies), it was good and easy. we like firmer rice so he use less water just little bit.

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
I love the Japanese Rice ( nishiki ) they are only found at chinatown stores.

japanese rice? too sweet for my taste. I prefer either chinese or korean rice.

Huh?

A few months ago you were telling me Korean rice isn't as nutritious and sweeter than Japanese rice.

Nishiki brand isn't as good as the other Korean or Japanese brands anyway; the only bonus for Nishiki is that it's easier to find than the other brands.

Huh?

A few months ago you were telling me Korean rice isn't as nutritious and sweeter than Japanese rice.

Nishiki brand isn't as good as the other Korean or Japanese brands anyway; the only bonus for Nishiki is that it's easier to find than the other brands.

you must be thinking of brown rice. Korean WHITE rice isn't as nutritious as brown rice. Korean rice has a certain level of sweetness but depends on what brand you got.

Wirelessly posted

yagazn said:
I still like brown rice ;)

Especially I don't like fried rice, it's FAT!.

Fried rice isn't fattening. If it is, then you're using too much oil.

You only need 1/2 tablespoon, at most 1 tablespoon.

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
Huh?

you must be thinking of brown rice. Korean WHITE rice isn't as nutritious as brown rice. Korean rice has a certain level of sweetness but depends on what brand you got.

Re-read. You were telling me you hated Korean rice because it's too sweet and you prefer Japanese. :)

Re-read. You were telling me you hated Korean rice because it's too sweet and you prefer Japanese. :)

are you sure about that? :)

it's the Chinese rice I prefer. and brown rice.

Wirelessly posted

For brown rice, nothing beats Afghan or Kazakh basmati.

White-- Mexican or Southern-grown long-grain or Korean short-grain (too poor to buy Japanese and Nishiki and Kokuho Rose are poor quality compared to the expensive Tamaki.) Jasmine? I forgot the name of it-- Three Sisters?

Last edited:

Souggy, I remember that conversation, I think Jiro needs to refresh his memory. You DID say that, Jiro.

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:

Yeah, and I even got your mom to find out what brands she would recommend when I was experimenting with Asian cuisines.

Yeah, and I even got your mom to find out what brands she would recommend when I was experimenting with Asian cuisines.

I just asked. :Oops:
yup you were right :io:

yep. a girlie slap.
How about a nice slap with this man wrench then?

images

Back