Broken Hearts/Breakups

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no pain greater than being heartbroken or breakups. Let me tell you what I've learned, I've learned that there's somebody out there who is gotta be wonderful than your ex. Many of us thinks that we might never get over our ex, which is not true, we can, the power is in our hands, we can't change the past, but we can change the future. Many of us have the shares of breaking up, rejected, and heartbroken, You could always vent out your feelings anywhere you want to, Believe me I have lol!

I wrote down all the negative things that my ex had done to me in our relationships together it helps me overcome my feelings, and it does help a lot! What's important is to make sure you really are over your ex before dating or jumping into a new relationship with someone else. Let me tell you another thing, Never go back with your ex, once he/she hurt you, he'll/she'll hurt you again. Remember he/she broke your heart.

Anyone who goes back with their ex are just foolish, because from my experience I learned that the trust factor wasn't there anymore, after going back to my ex boyfriend in the previous past the one that cheated.

Share your experience about your break-ups and heartbrokens, How long have you overcome your feelings for your ex and how did you do it? ;)

I don't remember how long it took me to get over it but I moved on, since I know there's million fishes in the sea LOL...

^Angel^ said:
I don't remember how long it took me to get over it but I moved on, since I know there's million fishes in the sea LOL...

Ok then how did you overcome your feeling from your ex? Did you threw darts at your ex's picture or burning all his things? :thumb:

when i broke heart, i do threw all my ex pictures so i dont need think of past.. not good for me to keep memory but some of stuff i keep...

Cheri said:
Ok then how did you overcome your feeling from your ex? Did you threw darts at your ex's picture or burning all his things? :thumb:

LOL , noo I didn't do none of that, I just learned to accept it and move on after flooding my room with tears LOL...

I admit I sometimes think of my girls's father what I miss him something but also couldnt forget what he did hurt me, heartbroken, I just couldnt go back with him cuz I dont feel to love him anymore :dunno: nor trust/faith, when I see him or talk with him in my mind always tells not believe what he said he just like all I'm happy for my girls delightly seeing their father and spend time with him :aw:

I am kinda of still wound in my heart/feeling, not interested in new relationship right now

I just forget about the past and direct my eyes to the future !!!!
Dump the bad past .. That's it

I don't think I ever had a brokenheart....

I'm just fed up with people's mean attitudes.

And I blame myself in some way on how I treated a man...
And I don't blame him for leaving me.

I can be mean and be a jerk too... I think about all the things I did, and
how I should have handle the problem better than to show my bad temper tantrums.

And my sister, she has a terrible attitude and a mean streak...
And I can see why she never married, she was engaged but he cheated on her on purpose... and broke her heart...

What comes around, what goes around.

So maybe next time when you find somebody, need to change your attitude first and be nice and then try again....

When my ex dumped me, I threw away all of her pics I saved on the computer and everything so I got over her. :) I'm glad to be with my current gf. ;)

I generally move on pretty quickly. Not because I'm insensitive, but I'm not the kind of person who dwells on what I've lost. Life is too short to carry torches for people who obviously aren't interested in maintaining a relationship with you. I just move on while remembering the good times. I try to remain friends with my exes as well.

The only time I've really dwelled on someone (and still do) is with the woman I felt was my soulmate. She married someone else a couple years after we broke up. We got back in touch with each other 10 years after we broke up but by then it was too late even tho we were still in love with each other. It's still painful for me to think about, but I realize there isn't anything I can do about it.

SpiritOfTheWolf said:
I generally move on pretty quickly. Not because I'm insensitive, but I'm not the kind of person who dwells on what I've lost. Life is too short to carry torches for people who obviously aren't interested in maintaining a relationship with you. I just move on while remembering the good times. I try to remain friends with my exes as well.

The only time I've really dwelled on someone (and still do) is with the woman I felt was my soulmate. She married someone else a couple years after we broke up. We got back in touch with each other 10 years after we broke up but by then it was too late even tho we were still in love with each other. It's still painful for me to think about, but I realize there isn't anything I can do about it.

Yes, I understand.. One only once meets his/her soulmate !.. He/she is the Queen.. The Queen are never forgotten :)

I usually throw his stuffs out and get rid of the pixes. I would be so sad for a while and try to move on by doing something that I enjoy the most.

The only thing I have to live with was my exh who is the father of my son. I had to get along with him even though he will lies thur his teeth with me. But can be helpful sometimes in the wrong way with my son. But I have to work harder to make sure nothing will be damage for my son's sake.

Knowing that I am not gotta go back to my exh or exb help me to move on and dont want to go thru it again.

Well was heartbroken at first when found out my hubby got other lady .. I just threw his stuffs like pictures from walls and tools etc that belong to him into the trashes .. and burned his clothes in the back of garden then move on for my kids's sake. i got over within 2 months after he left me and when i found out who the lady he left me for i just went laughed so hard. because this lady is not good , He did me a biggest favor ! ;) and my life now are much better i do not want to look back just go on forward what i have got to left and make most of it with my single life . and tell you what i do not want go thru this all over again no thanks . :dance2:

Mostly of time, I would throw all of the pictures but few pictures same like my ex with my friends or my dog or whatever like that, I would keep them BUT ME WITH MY EX, I dont think so and I would throw all of them in the trash and even I sold stuffs that they bought for me same like, the ring, necklace, etc like that.. But some of stuffs that they bought for me and Im keeping them. Depends what kind of pictures and stuffs that I will throw or keep.

BUT IM VERY HAPPY WITH MY CURRENT BOYFRIEND, SEQUOIAS ;)

:ily:, Sequoias!

Sweetheart said:
Mostly of time, I would throw all of the pictures but few pictures same like my ex with my friends or my dog or whatever like that, I would keep them BUT ME WITH MY EX, I dont think so and I would throw all of them in the trash and even I sold stuffs that they bought for me same like, the ring, necklace, etc like that.. But some of stuffs that they bought for me and Im keeping them. Depends what kind of pictures and stuffs that I will throw or keep.

BUT IM VERY HAPPY WITH MY CURRENT BOYFRIEND, SEQUOIAS ;)

:ily:, Sequoias!

May Sweetheart and Sequoias have a happy life till death :)

I cannot thrown away my ex picture everything because reason my older son when he ready to look it up... and will explain who he is...

My older son know about his real father was trying attempt murder him when he was in bathtub.. Which good thing I caught him and push him.. I grabbed my son away from him and run downstair and call for help security.. Buh bye... ex!
I have no idea he's running on wherebouts. By the way I ain't worry about him.
:)

Still not forget him.. but like to have his father picture reason who his family background coming from.. and what look alike.. He'll not forget about him.. I do respect my older son's wishes.. I do.. mind but not bother look it up again.. Just sitting picture around the attic storage.. when My older son turn 18 yrs old.. and will have his picture.

In the past I had all ex's....I did not throw the pictures out. Only ONE that I was with was so JERK! I did threw the pictures in trash or did I burned them? I can't remmy! I don't want to see his ugly face ever again! He really ruined my life big time!

Anyway, I moved on and not to think about the past. I felt hurt, yes but I let it go and I started feeling better...

I like to keep the pictures for memories...most were great...only one ex was soo damn jerk. Long story and I don't want go into the details. Not worth to think about it.

i was insanely in love with this one girl. i was 17 she was 16. we were together for maybe 5 or 6 months. i loved this girl. well...maybe i thought it was love. whatever it was, the feeling was very strong. i dont know what happened, she like lost interest in me or something and just started dating another guy. i begged and begged for her to take me back. and she would say, well let me think about it. but she always picked the other guy over me. i told her that she would date me and see other guys. i just wanted to be next to this girl. she was so beautiful. she was..well is puerto rican and phillipeano. beautiful medium brown skin, gorgeous brown eyes, jet black hair. a smile bigger than julia roberts' smile.

my whole inside was empty. i didn't want to do anything or see anyone. i just wanted to drop off the face of this planet. i didn't want to inhale another breath of air. i dont know how i got over it. i guess time heals ur heart a bit. i grew up a bit more and realized how low of self esteem i had, for even having the thought of allowing a woman to cheat on me just so i could keep her near. and as more time came along i started to forget about her. and now when i remember her, i dont remember the feelings of love, or really even the heartache feelings. im glad she's not in my life because i wouldnt have my gf now.

so i think those who are going through heartache right now, they have to understand that even though it seems like it...its not the end of your life. you will fall in love again.

I threw out everything too that I had from past exs.
I don't keep anything that remotely reminds me of
my past. I think that sometimes when you keep
stuff it holds on to you, and you fully never release it.
Releasing it, and letting things go is a way of moving on
and allowing you to go forward with your current relationship.

Back