breastfeeding or formula?

suicidegirl

Reaction score
what did you choose for your child? did you breastfeed or formula feed? why? if you breastfed, how long did you breastfeed?

i wanted to breastfeed so badly, but pea was born with cleft lip and cleft palate (hole in the roof of the mouth) so suction on his part was impossible. i chose to pump for six months and my milk supply dwindled to the point where i gave up.

i most def. plan on breastfeeding with my second child.

NOTE: NO ATTACKS, PLEASE!!!! EVERY PARENT IS ENTILED TO MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES REGARDING THEIR CHILD'S NUTRITION.

suicidegirl said:
what did you choose for your child? did you breastfeed or formula feed? why? if you breastfed, how long did you breastfeed?

i wanted to breastfeed so badly, but pea was born with cleft lip and cleft palate (hole in the roof of the mouth) so suction on his part was impossible. i chose to pump for six months and my milk supply dwindled to the point where i gave up.

NOTE: NO ATTACKS, PLEASE!!!! EVERY PARENT IS ENTILED TO MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES REGARDING THEIR CHILD'S NUTRITION.

I'll share a bit about this as well -

I was doing the formula with my oldest son since I was a young mother at the time and wasn't feeling comfortable at the thought of having a baby nibbling on my breast and making a suction out of it. I also wanted the father to have a part of the feedings as well to be able to bond with our son. Little I did not realize how much work it took to have the formula at the correct temperature, the hassles with carrying those bottles wherever I go, the bottle nipples wears out, washing it, so and on. And of course, the formula is costly as well.

So by the time my 2nd son came along, I decided to go with the breast feeding since it was much healthier and also much easier on both of us (the baby and I). I was grasping at the idea and came to the term to accept that it is only nature which makes things better. It truly was a big help because I didn't have to worry about washing the bottles, putting it on a correct temperature, lugging those milk everywhere I go, so and on. And of course, it's a money saver as well.

So if I had to do it all over again, I'd still go with the breast feeding all over again.

I breastfed my 1st baby for 3 months, and I got pregnant again with 2nd baby (when she was 4 months old *SMH*) and I shift to bottle-formula and regret it because its lots of work to wash and make formula bottles and I swore I will never let it happen with my 2nd baby, and I am glad to say I breastfed her for 18 months, she never drink bottles!

It helps me to reduce my weight greatly without having on diet or exercise as its bad to be on diet whilst I am feeding my baby.

Third baby, I breastfed her for 12 months and decided to stop as I was busy with 2 toddlers! She drank cow milk training cup. Today she is the smartest girl for her age!

In my views, I prefer breast milk because its has right temperature at any time, and anywhere we visit places like beach, breast milk is available 24 hrs, best food for baby and less smell poop and less smell vomit, it helps baby to fall asleep easier and its give me a closer bond.

I don't object formula milk but I know Breast milk is the BEST. As long as all babies are fed and happy regardless what they are fed ok ! :)

I have breastfed both my daughters.
First one for 12 months and second one for almost 18 months.

I breastfed my son for 14 months. He was so healthy and almost never got sick till he turned maybe 13 or 14 months old and got sick for 1st time.

If I have 2nd I will breastfeed again and maybe 1/4 of forlmua in case if I have to go out unexpected. And also let daddy bond with baby. So wait and see how it goes with 2nd baby one day. :)

Last time I posted in a thread like this I got attacked, so no comment for me

^Angel^ said:
I won't bite.

*puts weapons in closet*

I breastfed my daughter until 17 months for the health benefits and I loved it. We were lucky as we had an easy start and went smoothly pretty much from the word go. It was handy having a quick fix for whenever she was tired, cranky or flying internationally :)

I don't judge formula users as I understand that breastfeeding doesn't always come easy and it's a good alternative that I am glad exists in our society.

However I do believe that all mothers should be educated about the benefits of breastfeeding because there is so much misinformation and then after that it's their choice. It used to be at one time that nurses would tell mothers in hospital that their babies would die from starvation if they were breastfed.

I didn't breastfeed my son. (wish i did!) :( it make me feel bad abt that. oh well.

I did breastfeed my daughter til 4 mos and half, but still feeding 2 time a day with breastfeed and forumla.

I do enjoy to breastfeed to get all the bonds (hehe being selfish to have baby all the time) LOL True, baby after breastfed and went bed so fast without having a plm. Less fussy. Money saver.

I use formula for all my babies. Two of my girls had problem with the stomach. One of them had reflux. She is on Soya milk since she was 4 months old. :)

R2D2 said:
I breastfed my daughter until 17 months for the health benefits and I loved it. We were lucky as we had an easy start and went smoothly pretty much from the word go. It was handy having a quick fix for whenever she was tired, cranky or flying internationally :)

I don't judge formula users as I understand that breastfeeding doesn't always come easy and it's a good alternative that I am glad exists in our society.

However I do believe that all mothers should be educated about the benefits of breastfeeding because there is so much misinformation and then after that it's their choice. It used to be at one time that nurses would tell mothers in hospital that their babies would die from starvation if they were breastfed.

17 months??? you rock!!!

i'm with you- i think more mothers should be educated regarding breastfeeding. it's such a wonderful act and it has so many benefits that outweigh formula.

to mamas who DIDN'T breastfeed, i don't think you should feel guilty at all. you did what you thought was the best for your child and that's what really matters.

breastfed my both daughters, older was breastfed til 15 mo, younger-18 mo, never fed them with formula.

suicidegirl said:

I breastfed two children of mine.. it wonderful bonding with babies.. last two children i did not breastfed because i adopted them.. so i have 4 children all grown up
SxyPorkie :hyper:

suicidegirl said:
to mamas who DIDN'T breastfeed, i don't think you should feel guilty at all. you did what you thought was the best for your child and that's what really matters.

You are right... I had hard time breastfeeding my first two babies due to small nipples.. i breastfed them for few monhts,,,

SxyPorkie

^Angel^ said:
Same here, Alot of us have sensitive breasts, You could say tits, So that is one reason why I didn't breast fed my children.

Back