break-ins and gun ownership

when my mom,me and my brother was away from my home and my grandma called my mom says someone break-ins and stoles everythings im not sure what kind..

my mom says its video game cube its my brother's missing and my mom still search her camera and its GONE! But my mom told police about missing video game cube black..

no suspect or whatsoevers!!

when my mom,me and my brother was away from my home and my grandma called my mom says someone break-ins and stoles everythings im not sure what kind..

my mom says its video game cube its my brother's missing and my mom still search her camera and its GONE! But my mom told police about missing video game cube black..

no suspect or whatsoevers!!
Scary!

Put a sign on you door and windows saying "This house protected by Smith and Wesson. Enter at your own risk". Think that'll work?

nothing wrong with motion-activated lights. it's the most simplest, effective deterrent you can buy. 2 major drawback for guns - nobody robs a house with people inside. an empty house gets robbed and there is a chance that your gun can be stolen. Your foremost and first priority is to bolster your defense. No need to add in offense like gun because most of time - robber's intention is to rob, not hurt anyone or kill anyone. Your job is to prevent him from getting in and obviously he will give up if he can't get in. He's certainly not going to spend a long time to figure out how to get in. 5 min is what he needs to get in unless you live in a secluded area.

Some examples:
1. remove objects from outside that makes it easier for robber to get in such as a brick to break window, box to step on, etc. (some people actually leave ladder in backyard)
2. inspect and secure your points of entrance - like using that wooden block to prevent windows from opening, install deadbolts on all of your outside doors, etc.
3. get a German Shepherd? lol
4. As Sun Tzu said - all warfare are based on deception. Plaster the security/warning sticker like "INTRUDERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT :rifle:" or "PROTECTED BY ADT SECURITY SYSTEM" and put the fake security devices on windows.
5. if you live in a neighborhood where there is worrisome amount of robbery, then invest in having a security system. it's a small price to pay but better than paying to replace lost goods.
6. it makes sense to have an armed household if you live in a dangerous neighborhood but not in a quiet suburb area.

url

I don't know where you live but from where I am, NY-NJ are stupid liberal states when it comes to home self-defense. I will be liable to lawsuit by robber if I shot him on my property as self-defense.

:Ohno:
30mpg6p.jpg

That is not true about houses not getting robbed when people are home! This happen a lot of time ! My friend house was almost robbed when her whole family was home sleeping! My friend was lucky she had a great watch dog that was part German Shepherd and Collie mix! The dog was a rescue dog that been badly abused , but my friend trained it to be a famliy dog. The dog had the run of the house at night and he would sleep by a window , a robber tried to get through the window while the dog laid still and waited for the guy to put a leg in the window ,that is when it made his move and bit the guy leg! When my friend woke up the next day , she and her husband found a piece of pant leg on the floor with blood on it under the window! Nothing was taken from the house! And the robber never came back! My town had break in when people were home. A cop told me once if someone
is bold enough to break into a house during board daylight with someone home , they will be bold enough to killed you! And if I saw someone my house to call a cop and not go in !

Put a sign on you door and windows saying "This house protected by Smith and Wesson. Enter at your own risk". Think that'll work?

Only if someone is home when a person break in! Some could break in and wait you and your family to get home! Or they could break in to steal the guy to use it for a crime or sell it ! I do not think it a wise thing to tell the whole town you have Smith and Wesson in your home!

Back