Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show

Remember that when an SUV/HUmmer? or any other car that is being made today usually have safety devices such as air bags, etc. One can have an accident in an SUV and walk away unscathed. Whereas picking up an loaded Uzi to shoot--can kill.

I'm not talking about the driver of that humongous vehicle. I'm talking about the drivers of those vehicles and most of them are reckless, inattentive, etc. They are the danger to other drivers with smaller vehicles.

There are sports gear that protect the head in football and hockey. Rarely does one hear of someone being killed at a football game. However I know of one incident where a bystander got killed by a hockey puck at the Columbus Bluejackets game in Ohio......now that was a rare incident!

Thank you! Rare incident! There you go! Does it mean we should be quick to create stricter safety law after one incident? Like I said - this tragic incident is RARE.

btw - I cannot believe the hockey in old time wore no protection gear especially goalie. appalling!

and don't you think those participants trained at young age? Look at Beijing Summer Olympics.

There is the difference. They are trained. This young man was not. And again, Jiro, they are not trained with Uzis.

Jillio, can you please go back to post 95 and work your way back here?

Jillio, that "over/under" gun of yours: I's guessing the top barrel is the 22 and the bottom is a 410 ga. shotgun, right? Nice turkey gun if it is.

Yes, as a matter of fact it is.:giggle: It belonged to my father, and my brother and I, as well as his sons and my son, all learned to shoot with it. It is now in my elder nephew's possession, and it is my hope that we will continue to pass it along.

Sorry I missed the question!

And you are also correct in that it is Italian.

Yes, as a matter of fact it is.:giggle: It belonged to my father, and my brother and I, as well as his sons and my son, all learned to shoot with it. It is now in my elder nephew's possession, and it is my hope that we will continue to pass it along.

Sorry I missed the question!

And you are also correct in that it is Italian.

Ok, Jillio, I can't, for the life of me, remember but the over/unders like yours I recall were American made. I just remember that it was/is the choice of serious wild turkey hunters. If they are tracking that bird and they are skittish (meaning they are out of range of the 410), a head shot with the 22 does the job but if they are within range (30 yards is good) the birds would be running or taking flight, the 410 can do it.

Yeah about passing down---happens a lot, keeping sporting arms in the family. Anyway, thanks...

Ok, Jillio, I can't, for the life of me, remember but the over/unders like yours I recall were American made. I just remember that it was/is the choice of serious wild turkey hunters. If they are tracking that bird and they are skittish (meaning they are out of range of the 410), a head shot with the 22 does the job but if they are within range (30 yards is good) the birds would be running or taking flight, the 410 can do it.

Yeah about passing down---happens a lot, keeping sporting arms in the family. Anyway, thanks...

YW. And my father originally purchased it for both wild turkey and duck hunting.

My personal opinion is that the father is a fucking douchebag for having little common sense. Although an Uzi is designed to sustain little recoil, obviously what happened to me is that the kid pulled the trigger and freaked the fuck out, then in turn killed himself. First time i shot a gun was when i was 7 years old but it wasnt no goddamn machine gun LOL. Just a simple .22 bolt action deer hunting rifle that yes had a kick but fired a single shot. Once i was comfortable with that i kind of progressed with weapons as i got older obviously. Accidents happen all the time and people die, it just seems like when a gun is involved people go batshit and go marching on some antigun crusade. I think a fair sentiment is that the father should go to jail for negligence and the expo should be fined, thats about it.

It's incredible to me that:

a) the Israeli-made "Micro Uzi" is described as being able to shoot 25 rounds in under 30 seconds - who'd give that to a child?

b) the Expo's flyer advertised, "all legal and fun -- no permits or licenses required" (a recipe for disaster if you ask me)

and, wait for it,

c) the father is an emergency services DOCTOR. *sigh*

Having exposure to a lot of healthcare employees, there's two things that medical professionals would like restricted because of what they've seen in the hospitals: fireworks and guns. Both contain gunpowder.

A DOCTOR gave his son a loaded Uzi and he runs the local hospital's emergency room. It would appear that the truth is stranger is fiction.

I have carefully read all posts and considered all points for thought.

Here is what I think; The expo never should have advertised - "no licenses or permits required', this just opens the floodgate for a lot of irreponsibles to get in and handle dangerous weapons. All expos, including this one, should maintain a certain standard that those who are planning to shoot should hold a hunter's education card at the very minimum as well as not allowing children under the age of 13 to fire ANY weapons.

The instructor should be fined and have his license permanently revoked. He used poor judgement in allowing the boy to shoot. Sometimes for the sake of safety, you have to turn away buisness and say hey - your'e too young to handle this type of weaponry.

I also place the blame on the father for allowing the 8 year boy to shoot the Uzi. No 8 year old should be anywhere near a Uzi. The father failed to take his personal responsibility and make a rational decision for the safety of his son. His failure to do as a parent if not an ER doctor got his son killed.

Remember how they spell ASSUME? Ass before you, before me. Assuming things is never a good plan of action.

Yes horses, cars, and rollercoasters are dangerous and they do cause numerous deaths every year due to accidents.

But here is the kicker, numerous deaths are just a statistic, one death is a tragedy.

Back