Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show

I am extremely open to different cultures and different forms of entertainment. I am not open to neglectful parenting practices or lax laws that take a child's life away.

Lax law? Oh dear... that's the reason why I despise government intrusion in our life, dictating it for us and this is also why I despise the liberalistic approach to American life most of time.

It is legal in Massachusetts for children to fire a weapon if they have permission from a parent or legal guardian and are supervised by a properly certified and licensed instructor, Lt. Hipolito Nunez said. The name of the instructor helping the boy was not released.

c'mon people.... PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! That law is perfectly sufficient. Stricter/More Laws means we're too stupid to decide for ourselves, therefore someone gets to decide for us.

Here is a youtube of typical gun fair for "family-get-together" event.

Westfield Machine Gun shoot with Michael 08 <-- ***I have inserted a tag that skips ahead to 3 min 25 sec. because it shows a little boy shooting UZI gun.*** - Obviously he is not 8 years old... probably around 12 years old but just showing you what the gun fair is like and how it's being conducted.

Full Clip
[yt]-KOgOEvhrbw[/yt]

I think I just peed my pants. :shock:

actually no. There are gun fairs ALL over USA and it's not a "couple events" per year. Probably 99.99999999999999% of all gun fairs for past DECADES did not result in any fatality. I doubt you have heard of anything like this in 10 years.

How many of them hand Uzis to 8 year olds? And its one gun, one person. You can have hundreds on a single rollar coaster.

Lax law? Oh dear... that's the reason why I despise government intrusion in our life, dictating it for us and this is also why I despise the liberalistic approach to American life most of time.

c'mon people.... PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! That law is perfectly sufficient. Stricter/More Laws means we're too stupid to decide for ourselves, therefore someone gets to decide for us.

Well, in this case, it looks like there was more than one person too stupid to make the logical decision of not allowing an 8 year old child to fire an Uzi.

Well, in this case, it looks like there was more than one person too stupid to make the logical decision of not allowing an 8 year old child to fire an Uzi.

and what should we do about roller coaster accidents? Most were maintained poorly. Sounds like more than 1 person was too stupid and irresponsible to make it right and safe. I guess we better get the government to intervene and do the job themselves.... or maybe ban it to prevent any more tragedy!

How many of them hand Uzis to 8 year olds? And its one gun, one person. You can have hundreds on a single rollar coaster.

I've already showed the youtube clips and you've seen how it's being done in a safe, controlled environment. Apparently something went wrong in this case and I don't know what or how. We will learn from it. I imagine hundreds of kids have handled UZIs and so far - I have not heard of any news of death resulting from assault weapons like UZIs and AK-47 for a long time.

Blame the parents, not UZI.

and what should we do about roller coaster accidents? Most were maintained poorly. Sounds like more than 1 person was too stupid and irresponsible to make it right and safe. I guess we better get the government to intervene and do the job themselves.... or maybe ban it to prevent any more tragedy!

Your argument is fallicious, Jiro. Give it up. Roller coasters are not designed to kill. Uzis are. This kid did not die riding a roller coaster. He died shooting an Uzi.

I've already showed the youtube clips and you've seen how it's being done in a safe, controlled environment. Apparently something went wrong in this case and I don't know what or how. We will learn from it. I imagine hundreds of kids have handled UZIs and so far - I have not heard of any news of death resulting from assault weapons like UZIs and AK-47 for a long time.

Blame the parents, not UZI.

That is one example. That doesn't answer the question I asked.

And, yes...something went terribly wrong. A child lost his life at the age of 8.
It would not have happened had the adults in charge not let him pick up the gun.

Your argument is fallicious, Jiro. Give it up. Roller coasters are not designed to kill. Uzis are.

Roller Coasters are not designed to kill, si? I see.... then we wouldn't have numerous of deaths by roller coasters, don't we? Such a dangerous toy it is..... many things can happen.... very odd that it wasn't banned already. :hmm:

I especially find it odd that if a toy like.... lego has potential to be choked by a baby.... it would be immediately recalled and probably banned. But not roller coaster? Odd..... odd.... like I said - wrong placement of blame. illogical fear.

again - how often do you hear in news (excluding psychopathic killer... limiting it to personal ownership and entertainment) about death by Uzi or by assault rifles? :dunno:

Roller Coasters are not designed to kill, si? I see.... then we wouldn't have numerous of deaths by roller coasters, don't we? Such a dangerous toy it is..... many things can happen.... very odd that it wasn't banned already. :hmm:

I especially find it odd that if a toy like.... lego has potential to be choked by a baby.... it would be immediately recalled and probably banned. But not roller coaster? Odd..... odd.... like I said - wrong placement of blame. illogical fear.

again - how often do you hear in news (excluding psychopathic killer... limiting it to personal ownership and entertainment) about death by Uzi or by assault rifles? :dunno:

No, dear, roller coasters are not designed to kill. Nor are automobiles, but death occurs by accident with automobiles all the time. The same with airplane, butcher knives, and baseball bats. But all have been known to result in death.

A gun, however is designed to kill. And because someone chose to put this gun in the hands of this 8 year old child, it did just exactly what it was designed to do. It killed.

No, dear, roller coasters are not designed to kill. Nor are automobiles, but death occurs by accident with automobiles all the time. The same with airplane, butcher knives, and baseball bats. But all have been known to result in death.

A gun, however is designed to kill. And because someone chose to put this gun in the hands of this 8 year old child, it did just exactly what it was designed to do. It killed.

and what's that Olympic sport called biathlon? I thought shooting is designed to kill? That doesn't sound like a great way to promote the sportsmanship of shooting.... :dunno:

and what's that Olympic sport called biathlon? I thought shooting is designed to kill? That doesn't sound like a great way to promote the sportsmanship of shooting.... :dunno:

They don't use Uzis and the participants are much older than 8.

They don't use Uzis and the participants are much older than 8.

and don't you think those participants trained at young age? Look at Beijing Summer Olympics.

Jillio, that "over/under" gun of yours: I's guessing the top barrel is the 22 and the bottom is a 410 ga. shotgun, right? Nice turkey gun if it is.

Jillio, that "over/under gun of yours: I's guessing the top barrel is the 22 and the bottom is a 410 ga. shotgun, right? Nice turkey gun if it is.

it's the traditional shotgun usually by British elitists that you bend it to reload 2 shells. i love it.

1zf21oo.jpg

it's the traditional shotgun usually by British elitists that you bend it to reload 2 shells. i love it.

1zf21oo.jpg

I am pretty sure Jillio said one of the barrels was a 22 cal....I think the other one would be the 410 shotgun...a combo

But speaking of the type of shotgun you mentioned, I think the world's finest and fanciest over/under shotguns as well as side by sides are produced in Italy, or at least, they used to....

I am pretty sure Jillio said one of the barrels was a 22 cal....I think the other one would be the 410 shotgun...a combo

But speaking of the type of shotgun you mentioned, I think the world's finest and fanciest over/under shotguns as well as side by sides are produced in Italy, or at least, they used to....

hhmmm :hmm: Do you know the brand name cuz I'm not remembering any...

same common sense. wrong issuance of blame. one of them cause far more deaths than other and I think you know which one.

we're not talking about giving a gun to a little boy. the issue here is about you thinking those type of guns like AK-47 and UZI are unnecessary and probably should be banned. beside - who said someone gave it to 8-years old? Maybe he simply grabbed it and shot it.

There are those within our society who will do things with a lack of "common sense" that you proclaim to posess.

There are thsoe who understand that we, as a society, are yoked with those who are beyond common sense.

You claim that I am ignorant. How foolish. I would never hand to an 8-year old an assault weapon. You, in other postings, agree. Yet, you feel the need to denigrate my point.

"Maybe"? He was under "adult supervision" with his own father behind him. An assault weapon need only find its way into the hands of a military force. An 8-year old is a military force? EPIC FAIL!

Again, gun laws are made in consideration of society as a whole and not the rare few who are inteliigent . . . that, of which, I can exclude the likes of you, domestic dissent.

There are those within our society who will do things with a lack of "common sense" that you proclaim to posess.

There are thsoe who understand that we, as a society, are yoked with those who are beyond common sense.

You claim that I am ignorant. How foolish. I would never hand to an 8-year old an assault weapon. You, in other postings, agree. Yet, you feel the need to denigrate my point.

"Maybe"? He was under "adult supervision" with his own father behind him. An assault weapon need only find its way into the hands of a military force. An 8-year old is a military force? EPIC FAIL!

Again, gun laws are made in consideration of society as a whole and not the rare few who are inteliigent . . . that, of which, I can exclude the likes of you, domestic dissent.

and people like you want to choose to dictate rules for all. that is a true definition of domestic dissent. You don't come from their way of life but you think your way of life is better than theirs. I don't know about you but I think you got your priority wrong. This tragic incident is hardly a blip in the radar since it's so rare.

what could possibly be any worse than this?
It is legal in Massachusetts for children to fire a weapon if they have permission from a parent or legal guardian and are supervised by a properly certified and licensed instructor, Lt. Hipolito Nunez said.

Blame the idiot. not punish the whole for one's action. You wanna talk about common sense and "adult supervision?" Tell that to teenagers who get a driver license as car accidents are the leading cause of death for teens. I guess I would never allow my teenager to drive a car. oh that means whole America should follow my decision... better make it a law as well. :dunno2:

like I said - personal responsibility. The simple rule is there and it's up to you to decide for yourself and for your family. No need to make more rules. At least it'll eliminate idiots out of gene pools. :dunno2:

and people like you want to choose to dictate rules for all. that is a true definition of domestic dissent. You don't come from their way of life but you think your way of life is better than theirs. I don't know about you but I think you got your priority wrong. This tragic incident is hardly a blip in the radar since it's so rare.

My approach is inclusive of society as whole. Need I say it AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN? SOCIETY is NOT comprised of EVERY intelligent gun owners. Society comprises of those who are and are NOT gun owners. The laws are there to INCLUSIVELY cater to everyone, idiots and non-idiots. You would argue that the laws be made without consideration of the likes of you and, for others, wish their obvious death (like an 8-year old handed an Uzi).

Back