Bomb Threat at RIT

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Here we go again...
Crime Alert

April 23, 2007

At approximately 2pm today, the Registrar’s Office received a call from an unidentified caller stating, “There is a bomb on your campus” and hung up. The caller did not indicate location or any other specific information.

The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is assisting Public Safety with this investigation.

We want to alert the RIT community of their need for continued vigilance and to report suspicious behavior immediately to Public Safety.i
Last week, they arrested and suspended a student for having guns in his room.

Now, a bomb threat. WTF!?

I've said this before and I'll say this again:

What the f*ck is wrong with people?!?

Oh wow, where did you find the news from? I ven't heard anything about it, but glad they caught him sooner!

I've said this before and I'll say this again:

What the f*ck is wrong with people?!?
Yeah!

I remember when we hardly had problems at my junior high school. After I moved on to high school, that junior high decided to require all students to have see-thru mesh backpacks. After I graduated high school, they installed metal detectors and hired more cops for security. One student had his eyes poked out by another student from a rival high school. Where did that student learn to do that eye thing? From his football coach. :roll:

Oh wow, where did you find the news from? I ven't heard anything about it, but glad they caught him sooner!
The guy who had guns last week was caught.

The person who made the bomb threat wasn't caught. They don't know who did it.

Some, I say...'some' will like to look and sound like a 'copycat' with imposing a certain level of violence or rampage...they may think it's all a game when it's not, to those who do, will be held accountable even if nothing happened.

Again, it's crazy now...hopefully in the days ahead, more strict rules, laws can be put into place whereas one will perhaps 'think twice' before making a call that turns out to be a hoax. Families of the past have had their lives shattered and there is no sense to create even more fear in the lives of all those attending schools now or in the future. So many things can be discussed, therefore, for that, other 'threads' can be created just for that. ;)

As for RIT, it's a shame something like this happened and hopefully has or will be resolved soon.

~RR

*sighs*...people get a kick from doing these things?

some people just need to get a life if they haven't found their life yet.

*RME* That person who did it, he/she need get a life! I hope they find who did it.

I agree with GA; it is an age old problem; there's always copy-cat wannabes!

We found out from an email they sent to everybody at RIT. They also sent emails about the student arrested for having guns.

Oh boy, whats next? After VA Tech's massacre, theres bomb threat at TSD and MSSD, few students got kicked out from Univ of Austin (I assume its Texas) for bring guns, RIT kicked out 2 students for bring guns, Gallaudet now working on kick out one student for bring ax and gun, also drugs, now bomb threat at RIT, whats next?? Everyone is :crazy: and sicko mind now!

*off-topic*

Not only is there a possibility of 'wannabes', 'copycats' on the rise, another assumption or reason for the sudden rise--one word says it: 'attention' So many factors could describe or explain the reasons for getting attention...but then again, that can be another topic in another thread. ;)

~RR

Back