BlackBerry 8800 Rumored

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
The new RIM BlackBerry 8800 has a full QWERTY keypad and uses the Pearl’s glowing trackball. The new 8800 is slimmer, about 1.55cm, has a QVGA display (320×240), a 1.3 megapixel camera with flash, a media player, and has 64MB built-in memory with a microSD / TransFlash expansion slot. It supports Bluetooth, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, and A2DP for wireless stereo. The new BlackBerry 8800 can be expected in early 2007.

See picture at Qwerty keyboard phone news, reviews, and community - QwertyPhones.com

Looks nice and sleek...definitely something I'd be checking out when it's available. For some time now, have been debating on the blackberry (what's on the market now) and the sk. After seeing this, my mind's pretty much made up-- ;)

Thanks for sharing this info...yet, it's a few months away, but surely, keeps me from hopping back n forth, trying to decide once for all which one to go with...this is the 'jewel' I'm looking for!

~RR

The new RIM BlackBerry 8800 has a full QWERTY keypad and uses the Pearl’s glowing trackball. The new 8800 is slimmer, about 1.55cm, has a QVGA display (320×240), a 1.3 megapixel camera with flash, a media player, and has 64MB built-in memory with a microSD / TransFlash expansion slot. It supports Bluetooth, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, and A2DP for wireless stereo. The new BlackBerry 8800 can be expected in early 2007.
Hopefully there'll be a non-camera version. However, one thing of concern; if the rumored BB 8800 has WiFi capabilities, count on T-Mobile insisting on the WiFi internet access plan of $20/month. This is in addition to the $30/month BB unlimited dataplan, for a total of $50 a month! Better not happen, or T-Mobile has to 'de-couple' the WiFi internet access plan.

Blah! I can't even type with one thumb accurately on any blackberries. Looks like RIM got nothing new with the basic layout....why do RIM keep releasing too many different blackberries?!? They need more innovation, dude and they've run out of ideas for sure.

I have a sidekick 1, had a sidekick 2, but the screen died and it could not be replaced. I would love to have a blackberry, but cannot afford to pay for voice AND data service; I don't need the voice service. Not to mention that t-(im)mobile service is VERY limited and spotty.

Yeah I saw new blackberry on internet before you created thread.. :)

I prefer buy 8700/ 8705 blackberry instead of this.. If sk never appear on earth..

Wow, really nice! I hope I would get this one if its released and would replace from my BB 8700g for BB 8800...

BlackBerry 8800 on T-Mobile FROM UK

BlackBerry 8800 on T-Mobile UK

blackberry_8800_vlgea.jpg

BlackBerry 8800 phone
Standard battery
Network sim card
Mains charger
User guide
FREE Connection
FREE UK Delivery

you NEED call first.

More Details

----

AT&T Customers Go Sleek & Stylish With The New BlackBerry 8800

blackberrry_8800_themes.jpg

Cutting Edge Design and Functionality with Built-in GPS, Push To Talk, and Global Wireless Connectivity

Research In Motionand today introduced the thinnest BlackBerry handset yet. The BlackBerry 8800 incorporates a full QWERTY keyboard and offers customers a unique blend of performance and elegance. AT&T will be the first wireless carrier in North America to launch the BlackBerry 8800 when it begins offering it across its wireless retail and business channels on February 21.

For more information, please go to www.cingular.com/blackberry8800.

Also see:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry 8800

GOOD LUCK IF YOU MUST BUY!

Enjoy stay! ;)

Looks nice. It appears that Cingular will have exclusive marketing rights for this unit for the time being. I hope Cingular will bundle a data-only plan so that DHH consumers can use this unit. (I think Cingular already is doing this, offering a data-plan, but I'm not a Cingular customer.)

Look at BB00 has WIFI, isn't that nice??

BlackBerry8800_big.jpg

FROM rimarkable.com

Looks nice. It appears that Cingular will have exclusive marketing rights for this unit for the time being. I hope Cingular will bundle a data-only plan so that DHH consumers can use this unit. (I think Cingular already is doing this, offering a data-plan, but I'm not a Cingular customer.)
I don't know if ATT/ Cingular offering a data plan as low price, but their data plan is too expresive like $49.99 to 90.00 than tmobile offering data plan for 30 bucks! I am going stick to T-mobile.. :)

BlackBerry 8800 Announced

Research In Motion (RIM) recently introduced the thinnest BlackBerry handset yet, the BlackBerry 8800 which was rumored last month.

Equipped with a full QWERTY keyboard, the 8800 also has the style of the popular BlackBerry Pearl, noticeably the trackball navigation. The 8800 also includes a built-in Global Positioning System (GPS), quad-band GSM/EDGE, microSD memory card slot, Bluetooth, and the common features such as phone, email, text messaging, web browser, organizer, multimedia, etc.

The BlackBerry 8800 is expected to be available later this month for $299.99 with a 2-year contract with AT&T/Cingular.

Qwerty keyboard phone news, reviews, and community - QwertyPhones.com

YIKESSS! it looks similar to the "Q" that i had...
does it have AIM or its own program for IMs?

been having trouble with switching phones/pagers since august :squint: and still not satisifed! :pissed:

first started with the "Q" that i got for my birthday.. DETESTED IT! had problems with it for months.. and kept getting a new one (3 times!) finally they let me get something (i forget the model but it looks like the MDA but under verizon) .. DETESTED it too cuz i couldn't stand using the stylus pen :thumbd: especially when i had to use AIM!!! FORGET IT!! so then recently i switched to the ENv... it is nice.. but the billing is way over my head... i am thinking about JUST CANCELLING THE FRIGGING CONTRACT! that will cost me $175 instead of being stuck with them for another year and half... paying at least $80 bucks a month!!! i have had it with verizon, their models... especially their billing which is a major rip off! :thumbd:

i just want something SIMPLE... to be able to type easily, use AIM/EMAILS... take pictures and also LOW MONTHLY BILLS TOO! any suggestions?

and lastly, to let you know beforehand, SK3 is not for me :D

Warning! Warning! Will Robinson! The Cingular version coming out this month does not have wifi!

YIKESSS! it looks similar to the "Q" that i had...
does it have AIM or its own program for IMs?

i just want something SIMPLE... to be able to type easily, use AIM/EMAILS... take pictures and also LOW MONTHLY BILLS TOO! any suggestions?

I am sorry to hear they rip off you around. that why I am gonna stick to T-mobile service. BTW: I am now blackberry user, ;)

The "Q" look not like to this. But the new Q2 is more look like this, is not it?:

qq9press01ko3.jpg

its NEW Q2 which is not release yet but be soon.. sorry here is little topic-off!

Anyway let back on this topic, You were wondering if BB has Instant messaging apps. I am not sure the cingular provide it, becauase I don't know alot about cingular stuffs.. But you can download from internet and customize inst-messaging as add it on from third party software or BlackBerry now supports the following instant messaging platforms: Yahoo! Messenger and Google Talk for BlackBerry devices. they use data, not sms. :) blackberry will be add AIM for BBerry device in future event soon! (I can't wait!)

I believe T-mobile have good offering data plan as low price than verizon, sprint and cingular. ask deafclimber who is the cingular user (Thread: AT&T/Cingular's new mobile service plan for hearing impaired as check out there.) But You better check cingular store at your location, see if excellent coverage in your hometown and nationwide . smile!

Good Luck! ;)

Back