BlackBerry 8700g vs Sidekick 3

farewell65

LOL at Homer Simpson
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is rethread or not, but I want to see ADers' opinion on BlackBerry 8700g and SK3 cuz I am thinking abt buy BlackBerry 8700g

Drop the SK and it has a higher chance of breaking. The BB will likely survive. Then BB's are tough! Other than that, it's totally your preference. I think the 8700g is fantastic and reliable.

dkf747 said:
Drop the SK and it has a higher chance of breaking. The BB will likely survive. Then BB's are tough! Other than that, it's totally your preference. I think the 8700g is fantastic and reliable.

My sidekick has been dropped few times, and it's still alive. Its TOUGH. Its been 2 and half years and theres no malfunction yet.

Blackberry 8700g seems good to me.. but SK3 that I saw by my friend... its good one too and its save battery for 3 days or a week.. I dont remmy what exact my freind said.. blackberry does have save battery for longer ?? me curious before I get sk3 or blackberry but I have 2 years contract for get sk3 within 100.00 off.. I never try with blackberry.. I just curious

Blackberry has aim, yahoo.. and msn??
SK3 does have aim, yahoo and msn AND MP3 too same thing blackberry has.. I just saw thier detail on internet recently..

Sidekick... I don't like Blackberry...

BlackBerry 8700g is more faster and better than before, but someone told me the monthly price will be up and down... I wasnt sure abt this, so I will ask one of my friend who own BlackBerry 8700g, so lets see...

farewell65 said:
BlackBerry 8700g is more faster and better than before, but someone told me the monthly price will be up and down... I wasnt sure abt this, so I will ask one of my friend who own BlackBerry 8700g, so lets see...
true.. I rather SK3

farewell65 said:

It doesn't go up o down for me. Same price as always.

Well, I've been at $29.99 for over a year now, so that is all I know.

I don't really like 8700g, becuse it's pretty thick.

Only good thing, it got MMS.
SK3 miss out on MMS!!! :/

Honestly.. I'm very surprised.. how strong is... blackberry..

isn't same SK why.....
Do you know why...

Troubling signal reach out of range...

Blackberry, Still alive all over roam.. no matter where you went.. itself automatic transfer to cingular then t-mobile then quick search the signal fastest reconnect will not lose you where you are... While I'm in USA.. wow.. My eyes already popping out and jaw bone.. cannot believe compare w/ sk and blackberry...

I've thanked to Blackberry which totaly the BEST!!! TRUTH!!!

Iceriver said:
My sidekick has been dropped few times, and it's still alive. Its TOUGH. Its been 2 and half years and theres no malfunction yet.
:werd:

I've dropped my Sidekick a few times and no problems. I'm usually careful though.

I would suggest you find someone who has both and try it out yourself.

I never had a mobile device like RIM, Blackberry, Sidekick, Motorola, etc. My current Sidekick II is my first. I was very picky about the other devices until I got my hands on a Sidekick II. After trying it out, I decided to get it. I did try the Blackberry and it wasn't appealing enough to me. Even the email address for Blackberries are too damn long.

Sometimes, those email addresses can't be added to address books because they're too long.

I would rather have xxx@tmail.com than xxx@mycingular.blackberry.net for my email address. ;)

I use xxx@gmail for all my Blakberry mail.

One other thing: My wife has SK2 and often will have several hour delay to get email message. On my BB delays are rare.

I'm sure that some have dropped theit SK's without them breaking, but the fact remains, the chance of breakage is far higher than with a BB due to the screen design of the SK. I know some who have gone through 4 oe 5 replacements and just gave up on the SK.

dkf747 said:
I use xxx@gmail for all my Blakberry mail.

One other thing: My wife has SK2 and often will have several hour delay to get email message. On my BB delays are rare.

I'm sure that some have dropped theit SK's without them breaking, but the fact remains, the chance of breakage is far higher than with a BB due to the screen design of the SK. I know some who have gone through 4 oe 5 replacements and just gave up on the SK.

Yea, I noticed SK always delayed on email while BB almost never delayed, more fastest...

HI there is too many kind of blackberry how do you know which one is better i mean like 8700c or 8700c or 7290 ?

Back