BlackBerry 8700g vs Sidekick 3

sequoias said:
It seems that most people keep forgetting that blackberry/Treo devices have tiny keyboards that are not acceptable for people with big thumbs. Sidekick 3 is better, period! I don't care how good the service with blackberry devices are. The sidekick's data service is good enough because I live here and I'm happy with it.

you haven't seen treo 700 :) It's little improve and quick for me to typing. keeekeee

close! but nope not that. :-D

Yes, coverage better... but I found out more...
Sprint is FAR better when it comes to service than Tmo! Sprint got plenty of shop around, and if you have plm with device... just walk up to sprint and they will take care of it for you. Don't confuse with Sprint stores and Authorized sprint store. They are different, authorized is independent reseller and don't have much service as real sprint store got. Tmo? They all are just authorized reseller... And if you got problem with devices, have to call Tmo and mail and all the craps. Forget it!

Dennis said:
I'm guessing Mr. DHB has either a Treo 650 or a 700p. That's not a RIM device. I've got a Sprint Blackberry 7250 which I like better than the 700p, but hey, it's still Sprint with great coverage.

Exactly, that is why I stayed away from Treo... too tiny keyboard! I have big hand and ain't easy to deal with tweety tiny buttons!

sequoias said:
It seems that most people keep forgetting that blackberry/Treo devices have tiny keyboards that are not acceptable for people with big thumbs. Sidekick 3 is better, period! I don't care how good the service with blackberry devices are. The sidekick's data service is good enough because I live here and I'm happy with it.

diehardbiker65 said:

Wow, did you get the awesome PPC-6700? Yeah, those are COOL. Good choice. Seen those in action, and yeah, the keyboard buttons are much bigger than the SK3.

ppc6700Specs.jpg

I just realized, in my office, we have 5 different QWERTY Sprint phones:

Blackberry 7250 with EVDO (Mine and 2 hearing co-workers)
Blackberry 7520 (2 Deaf co-workers)
PPC-6700 with EVDO (Deaf co-worker, and boss)
Treo 700p with EVDO (Hearing co-worker) upgrading from a Treo 600
Treo 650 (Interpreter)

I'm waiting for my Blackberry 7130e (EVDO capable) to come and play around with, but I love my 7250.

Bingo!

Dennis said:
Wow, did you get the awesome PPC-6700? Yeah, those are COOL. Good choice. Seen those in action, and yeah, the keyboard buttons are much bigger than the SK3.

ppc6700Specs.jpg

I just realized, in my office, we have 5 different QWERTY Sprint phones:

Blackberry 7250 with EVDO (Mine and 2 hearing co-workers)
Blackberry 7520 (2 Deaf co-workers)
PPC-6700 with EVDO (Deaf co-worker, and boss)
Treo 700p with EVDO (Hearing co-worker) upgrading from a Treo 600
Treo 650 (Interpreter)

I'm waiting for my Blackberry 7130e (EVDO capable) to come and play around with, but I love my 7250.

Well, the bit bigger QWERTY, you required to use two thumbs to typing which isn't great ideal during driving. Treo design for one thumb. :)

diehardbiker65 said:
Exactly, that is why I stayed away from Treo... too tiny keyboard! I have big hand and ain't easy to deal with tweety tiny buttons!

Are you promoting a dangerous driving practice?

EDGE said:
Well, the bit bigger QWERTY, you required to use two thumbs to typing which isn't great ideal during driving. Treo design for one thumb. :)

diehardbiker65 said:
Are you promoting a dangerous driving practice?
two hands to typing cause worst driving than one hand.

Not necessarily... Your eyes will be glued on this tiny screen and forget whats going on up the road! I had few close calls. I quit after that.

EDGE said:
two hands to typing cause worst driving than one hand.

diehardbiker65 said:

Yes, coverage better... but I found out more...
Sprint is FAR better when it comes to service than Tmo! Sprint got plenty of shop around, and if you have plm with device... just walk up to sprint and they will take care of it for you. Don't confuse with Sprint stores and Authorized sprint store. They are different, authorized is independent reseller and don't have much service as real sprint store got. Tmo? They all are just authorized reseller... And if you got problem with devices, have to call Tmo and mail and all the craps. Forget it!

You just nothing to know about T-Mobile, it's not true about authorized and T-Mobile is real store with consumer service, also order cellphone or whatever. Few of my friends went to T-Mobile store for exchange their broken SK2. Who cares about coverage map and you don't know about 850 mhz.

deafclimber said:
yea i love HTC mobiles more and more ! HTC will dominate the mobile world ! ;)

That's your opinion but HTC sucks ;)

Most celebrities own SK2 and SK3... :whistle:

volcomskatz said:
You just nothing to know about T-Mobile, it's not true about authorized and T-Mobile is real store with consumer service, also order cellphone or whatever. Few of my friends went to T-Mobile store for exchange their broken SK2. Who cares about coverage map and you don't know about 850 mhz

why are you keeping to tell everyone about 850mhz in different threads ?

volcomskatz said:
That's your opinion but HTC sucks

Most celebrities own SK2 and SK3...

*scuffing* u worship the celebrites... u know that they are just spoiled to get these stuffs. cingulars gives free mobiles to any HBO celebrites... Microsoft gives free xbox to celebrites... so i say who cares ! we are interested in what are the better stuffs that meet our needs.... not just following the celebrites...*scuffing*

why dont u google yourself about HTC mobiles so u will understand the differences...

deafclimber said:
why are you keeping to tell everyone about 850mhz in different threads ?

*scuffing* u worship the celebrites... u know that they are just spoiled to get these stuffs. cingulars gives free mobiles to any HBO celebrites... Microsoft gives free xbox to celebrites... so i say who cares ! we are interested in what is the better stuffs that meet our needs.... not just following the celebrites...*scuffing*

I'm talking to diehardbiker65, not for you.

Many people don't know about 850 mhz under T-Mobile.

volcomskatz said:
I'm talking to diehardbiker65, not for you.

Many people don't know about 850 mhz under T-Mobile.

care to explain me about 850mhz ?.. what does it mean to you ?

volcomskatz said:
What? SK2 and SK3 are popular in LA area, also same at my high school.

I was replying to your post.

You misunderstood me and your own post. Not many celebrities use SK3, but they use MDA, Treos, PDAs of Cingular, Sprint, Tmoblie, Verizon, Nexel, etc...

Back