black problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like the red shirts at the local shopping malls near my old home in Charlotte NC. I didn't know they were Crips till after a near riot happened and the local paper wrote about it. I'm glad I never wore red or blue. I didn't feel comfortable shopping there.

It's like the red shirts at the local shopping malls near my old home in Charlotte NC. I didn't know they were Crips till after a near riot happened and the local paper wrote about it. I'm glad I never wore red or blue. I didn't feel comfortable shopping there.

Or were they Bloods now that I think about it.

My hubby agrees with this. That's why I married him.

I agree with it as well. And it is a message that many white kids, and kids of other minority races need to pay attention to as well.

I agree with it as well. And it is a message that many white kids, and kids of other minority races need to pay attention to as well.

Agreed. I have never cared much for the whole gangsta rap thing and I don't know many of any race who would care much for it. Rap is fine - just not gangtsa rap.

Agreed. I have never cared much for the whole gangsta rap thing and I don't know many of any race who would care much for it. Rap is fine - just not gangtsa rap.

Gangs are a predicable consequence of the type of society we live in today. Stratification, to the degree we have it in America, almost guarantee their existence.

Gangs are a predicable consequence of the type of society we live in today. Stratification, to the degree we have it in America, almost guarantee their existence.

And that's unfortunate. I remember seeing Boyz in the Hood years ago (I think that was the title) and being depressed by it. I remember that even though MSSDers werent' part of gangs though there must've been gangs in the local neighborhood, they were influenced by it. You had to be tough at MSSD.

These white t-shirts are usually a dead givaway.. Seen those types here in Baltimore and it has been nothing but trouble with them.

What those guys in white t-shirts are called? I know only of Blood (red) and Crips (blue).

Those are true cultures. We can deny it or acknowledge it and open dialogues with it. A lot of times dialogues will make it go away. Weird.

Those are true cultures. We can deny it or acknowledge it and open dialogues with it. A lot of times dialogues will make it go away. Weird.

Absolutely. Dialogue is the answer. Non-judgemental non-defensive dialogue.

I think you can see what defensiveness accomplishes in cultural dialogues on this forum.:giggle:

Absolutely. Dialogue is the answer. Non-judgemental non-defensive dialogue.

I think you can see what defensiveness accomplishes in cultural dialogues on this forum.:giggle:

:hmm: You raise an excellent point here. I didn't grow up in a neighborhood where gangs prevail so it's sometimes hard for me to understand where others are coming from.

I don't feel bad, after all look at how long it took for someone to notice the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back