black problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have gangs in my area and I remember seeing gang fights as a kid.
violence hurts everyone.

community gang violence stem from many things and become everyone's problem.

community gang violence stem from many things and become everyone's problem.

True. Not the least if which is stratification which can be, but is not always, related to race. Just as gang membership is not related to race.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Kids who join gangs are looking for a family- a place to belong- no matter what race. Kids that have those needs fulfilled don't join a gang.

yup - and kids who feel they have no outlet for anything else, no power - join a gang, get power. Get identity.

I know trolling when I see it! Notice there are 5 DAYS between #36 and #37 but only MINUTES between #38 and #39\40. Nothing more than a personal attack.

I know trolling when I see it! Notice there are 5 DAYS between #36 and #37 but only MINUTES between #38 and #39\40. Nothing more than a personal attack.

:confused:
Personal attack? You made a false statement, that no one noticed the error in the name, and I merely pointed out that I did notice.

:confused:
Personal attack? You made a false statement, that no one noticed the error in the name, and I merely pointed out that I did notice.

Then why did you also mention being afraid you might be assaulted? That was uncalled for.

These comments are just depressing. No one has looked at all into WHY the ghetto culture was formed. Or WHY rap was made. I was born in a ghetto, and deal with members of the Colored Community (black, latino and asian) on a daily basis. The consumerist and self indulging hedonism of male youth in the ghetto community rightfully outrages people, but to tell them "get a job?" or talk to them in a distance of a few hundred feet away? That's a large essence of this problem. The ghetto and polarizing identity of being a member of color contributes and prolongs the the destruction of racial disjoint and disharmony on our society. Black, Asian and Latino people did not come out of nowhere. If you live in the United States, you enjoy the privilege of living in a country where Congress despite its flaws serves, thanks to the slaves who built the capitol building, Californian railroads were built by Chinese immigrants, and your food was farmed most likely by latinos, paid ridiculous wages.

If the only black people you are willing to meet with, are the quote "civilized ones", then you are contributing to the problem. I personally would also like to see the dissolution of ghetto culture, but in order to do that, you have to welcome your brethren, and teach them the love and compassion of humanity, something that I am not seeing too much here.

Ghetto and crime occurs in societies where life offers them little opportunity and life sucks for them. My ex bf was one of the few dominicans who didn't go on crack, but he was raised without parents, since both were in jail for drug trading, and his community is a dangerous place.

Native Americans villages are growing into ghettos, because of unemployment and desolate youth.

These comments are just depressing. No one has looked at all into WHY the ghetto culture was formed. Or WHY rap was made. I was born in a ghetto, and deal with members of the Colored Community (black, latino and asian) on a daily basis. The consumerist and self indulging hedonism of male youth in the ghetto community rightfully outrages people, but to tell them "get a job?" or talk to them in a distance of a few hundred feet away? That's a large essence of this problem. The ghetto and polarizing identity of being a member of color contributes and prolongs the the destruction of racial disjoint and disharmony on our society. Black, Asian and Latino people did not come out of nowhere. If you live in the United States, you enjoy the privilege of living in a country where Congress despite its flaws serves, thanks to the slaves who built the capitol building, Californian railroads were built by Chinese immigrants, and your food was farmed most likely by latinos, paid ridiculous wages.

If the only black people you are willing to meet with, are the quote "civilized ones", then you are contributing to the problem. I personally would also like to see the dissolution of ghetto culture, but in order to do that, you have to welcome your brethren, and teach them the love and compassion of humanity, something that I am not seeing too much here.

Ghetto and crime occurs in societies where life offers them little opportunity and life sucks for them. My ex bf was one of the few dominicans who didn't go on crack, but he was raised without parents, since both were in jail for drug trading, and his community is a dangerous place.

Native Americans villages are growing into ghettos, because of unemployment and desolate youth.

I used to think like you when I was younger. Now that I live in an area that truly has a ghetto culture, I think a bit differently. My area is going through regentrification, but there are still a lot of streets that I wouldn't be caught on after 10pm. You're right--I don't talk to the thugs. My first priority is to ensure that I am not robbed or attacked, and if that means avoiding people who fit a certain profile, then so be it. I will not feel guilty about that at all.

It's true that ghetto culture is the result of many different factors, many of which are outside the control of the people who live in it, but to imply that the problems facing people in the ghetto are entirely the fault of others (which you are doing) and bringing up the red herring of slavery is to adopt an apologist mentality that does not do anything to help the situation. When leaders of the black community are speaking up and addressing not the causes of the behavior but the behavior itself and saying it needs to stop, you know something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back