Black Friday 2010

im not big fans of black friday!! I have work same day ARGH!!

Depends what electronics you're talking about. It depends on the brand they're selling. They even have Sony at Walmart.

I have returned Sony Blu-Ray DVD, Garmin GPS due to blackout after one week of purchase. I have heard a lot of complaints related to electronics at Wal Mart.

No thanks to WalMart. Not interested. But I'll be usually checking around at Best Buy (I wanted to get Vampire Diaries first season DVD set), Bed and Bath Beyond, Kohl's, Target....i don't know for sure since I don't have a car. Then I'll see about it and talk about it with my little sister whose birthday happens to be on Black Friday. Black Friday is gonna be her day off from work, obviously. Damn, I haven't gone out shopping with my little sister since what, 15 years??

DVDs are so cheap! I'm scared to go though because I know that it'll be a rampage and someone actually died at my local Walmart few years back.

How much does DVD go for during black Friday sale day?

Our Boxing day sale starts on the day after Christmas but it's not always a real bargain.

I have returned Sony Blu-Ray DVD, Garmin GPS due to blackout after one week of purchase. I have heard a lot of complaints related to electronics at Wal Mart.

interesting ! I am surprised! that is happened!

I will be shopping with my relative at kmart and few other stores on Black Friday.

It will be my first time to shopping on Black Friday since last time was in Nov 2005.

Wtf? I checked this link Black Friday Store Hours | Black Friday 2010 Blog - News About Black Friday Deals & Sales

I think some of the stores' times opening are bullshit. Kohl's supposed to be open at 3 a.m., not 4 a.m. which someone posted a comment saying it's wrong, it's at 3 a.m.! And Best Buy is supposed to be open at 4 a.m., not 5 a.m. cuz I went to Best Buy last year on Black Friday, it was 4 a.m. Then again, Target is supposed to be open at 4 a.m., not 5 a.m. I went to Target store last year also on Black Friday, it opened at 4 a.m.
All stores I stated, are all one hour later than expected. Something's fishy.

Now Wal-mart (I know I probably am not going there with my sister) but she told me it opens at midnight on Thanksgiving Day due to avoid the stampede and I checked it isn't. Confused...uhh

hrmm....i usually don't shop for electronics much. I mostly shop for clothes, shoes, make up, jewelry, books, and things like that.

btw, you guys could check out slickdeals.net

I was one of the complaints. I gave a deaf elderly lady a vacuum cleaner for Christmas last year. (She's 87!) She complained to me that it is not working properly. So, I tried to fix it but no to avail. I told her that it's a good thing that I keep a receipt, just in case and that I had to return the vacuum cleaner (for her) with a receipt to the Wal-Mart dept. I got a refund, without any problem. :D
So, I went to Macy's to buy a vacuum cleaner for her. She's so happy using it since then. I bought myself a 40 inches TV for my guest bedroom, it is broken for no reason. Argh! I had to return it as well. I got a refund. I swore myself that I will never buy electronics from Wal-Mart again.

well, not to make anyone depressed or anything, I just needed to vent...My mother died last year on black friday ad this year my cousin will be buried on black friday...it's black for some reason.As far as me...I am hibernating that day...hugs to all...

well, not to make anyone depressed or anything, I just needed to vent...My mother died last year on black friday ad this year my cousin will be buried on black friday...it's black for some reason.As far as me...I am hibernating that day...hugs to all...

:wave: and :welcome: back, Msshel!
I am sorry to hear about your losses. Losing a mom (and a cousin) is about the hardest thing to deal with, but I know that she is always around you and watching over you. My condolences to you and your family. May she (and your cousin) rest in peace. :hug:

I'm gonna go for it!...got my 3 boys as "bodyguards"...but NOT to Walmart...we're gonna try Kmart and Bealls, as they are "clothes horses" right now and interested in the girls......never bought electronics at Walmart....

I will be staying home and hoping to paint. Family will be working on putting up the outside Christmas decorations.

I really really want to get a cheap laptop for my daughter and it looks like I will have to do Black Friday for it. :eek:

Wearing hockey gear is advised on Black Friday because as soon the doors open, it gets ugly... :lol:

I might do this at the little Walmart about 20 mins from my house. They open the doors at Midnight, but electronics don't go on sale until 5 am. I plan to buy my dad a DVD/VHS combo player this way since I'm short on cash but want to do Christmas still.

I'm thinking next year, I should buy a small deep freezer on Black Friday. This year I'm doing some windowshopping.

Right now I'm pissed at the Lowe's website cuz it keeps using the bait and switch tactics when I want to know the price on deep freezers and it keeps saying it willl switch to me in a moment to aid me in my search on deep freezers. I've been waiting 20 minutes now so I think it's bullsh*tting on me.

Back