Bible Versions

DeafVeggie said:
Joseph married Mary after she was pregnant from God. Joseph thought she was having affair with someone else. But, Angel told him to marry that beautiful virgin girl. So, he did.

Read the Luke chapter story as well as Matt, John and Mark. Those four books have the similar parallel story about Joseph and Mary's life. It's very interesting.

~DV

An Angel of the Lord came to Joseph in a dream. The angel said,
"Joseph, son of David, don't be afraid to accept Mary to be your wife.
The baby that is in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a
son. You will name the son Jesus.

Then the Angel went to Mary and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."
"Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with chid and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

Most High, who is that?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
<snip>
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.
<snip>

<snip>
The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."
<snip>

Most High, who is that?

God (father).

~DV

DeafVeggie said:
Through the Gift of Holy Ghost whose impregnanted Mary. Read Luke 1:35.

Ckfarbes, could the Holy Ghost (who is a man like you just said) made Mary to get pregnant??? Of course not. Holy Ghost did not have a sexual intercourse with Mary. Therefore, Holy Ghost is just only in spirit. Peace. :cool:

~DV
DeafVeggie,

Where is the proof for such God to teach that a spirit is other than man ? It is due to your ignorance of God, or you are one deceived by the devil whose nature is to mislead you in the knowledge of God.

The enemy condemned the teachings of God not being a man as a lie from the devils for the past 6,000 years.

The Scripture mentions Him as the Son of Man and also mentions Him as not being a spirit but a man. God is a man [aka Son of man] and I just cannot make Him other than man.

Yet they deny the coming of Spirit to be the son of a man. If Jesus were a Son of God, what about Moses and the other prophets? Were they not His Sons since they were His prophets?

He is called the "Son of Man." You are really foolish to be looking to see the return of the Prophet Jesus or Spirit. It is the same as looking for the return of Abraham, Moses and Elijah. All of these prophets prophesied the coming of the son of man with equal power, under many names. You must remember that Jesus could not have been referring to Himself as returning to the people in the last days. He prophesied another's coming who was much greater than He.

Let that one among you who believes God is other than man prove it.!

I cannot see a spirit; therefore, the teachings of His coming would be false. The spirit of life is and has been with me all of my lives Since I was born in the world began. God is in person among me and you today. He is a man, He is in His time. God sees, hears, knows, wills, acts and is a person (man). The evil workings of the devil MUST come to an end.

I will not keep silent until He executes judgment and defends my cause. Fear not my life, for He is well able to defend it. Know that God is a man and not a spook!

NOTE: Remember! You look forward to seeing the coming of the "Son of Man" (a man from a man) and not the coming of a "spirit."

DeafVeggie said:
If you do not understand a verse, pray and ask God. Read James 1:5.~DV
DeafVeggie, I am not going to pray nor ask God any longer. I gained the knowledge of Word from the Scripture. Scripture of the word opened my eyes to see more clearly Since the word is still teaching me till now. My eyes aint in cloud anymore. Because His scripture of word chosen me. :D

DeafVeggie said:
Joseph married Mary after she was pregnant from God. Joseph thought she was having affair with someone else. But, Angel told him to marry that beautiful virgin girl. So, he did.

Read the Luke chapter story as well as Matt, John and Mark. Those four books have the similar parallel story about Joseph and Mary's life. It's very interesting.

~DV
DeafVeggie, Okay I give you an example from below:

Did God say that He was a Mystery God, or did someone say it of Him? Did God say that He was only a Spirit, or did someone say it of Him? The most important question of all questions that one could ask is, "Who is God?"

It is like a child who does not know his father asking his mother to tell him the name of his father, wanting to know what his father looks like and if he favors his father. Can we not ask the same question who are seeking the knowledge of Father? Should we be called disbeliever's or infidels, just because we seek the truth or knowledge of Father? The mother may, in some cases, think it best to keep the name of her child a secret, as it was in the case of Mary and Joseph, thousand years ago. But, in the case of Flesh and blood, one would say that we all should know Him, but at the proper time.

Look the scripture from below:

Luk 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Luke wrote this, He did not mention that Jesus was from God or something like that. He show me that Jesus was supposed the son of Joseph. as Adam was supposed the son of God, is not It correct??

Cheri said:
Actually I have the movie of the old times of Joseph and Mary, How they meet through her father who wants Joseph to marry her. Mary became pregnant and she informed Joseph, Joseph thought she was raped by those other guys who raped another woman before Mary. She said she wasn't raped. He got upset thinking she had the affair, She said she did not, and God talked to Joseph and told Joseph that Mary is telling the truth and that the baby will be a boy will be named Jesus, told Joseph to take care of Mary and Jesus. Then He heard Mary called out the name "Jesus" That's when Joseph knew that Mary was telling the truth all along. Joseph went up to her and said where did you hear of that name? She said God told her to named it Jesus.

:gpost: That's a good biblical story of Joseph and Mary! :thumb:

I noticed that many deafies don't read scriptures. They just rather watch the biblical movies than reading the Words.

I love to read, but not too much cuz it just give me some :dizzy: :laugh2: Just kidding. ;)

~DV

DeafVeggie said:
:gpost: That's a good biblical story of Joseph and Mary! :thumb:

I noticed that many deafies don't read scriptures. They just rather watch the biblical movies than reading the Words.

I love to read, but not too much cuz it just give me some :dizzy: :laugh2: Just kidding. ;)

~DV

It's very difficult for me to understand the scriptures in the bible. It's like "English please"? I just brought movies from Rainbow Christen book store. It helps me better understanding who Joseph, Mary and others was. And I also love Passion of Christ which helped me understanding what Jesus went through a lot better than the bible. ;)

ckfarbes said:
DeafVeggie,

Where is the proof for such God to teach that a spirit is other than man ?

I never said God is spirit. I think you barked to the wrong tree. It was not me. It was Askjo who said it. Read his posting at #161.

It is due to your ignorance of God, or you are one deceived by the devil whose nature is to mislead you in the knowledge of God.

Is that how you judge me of my ignorance? I don't have a gown and gavel with me so I can't really judge you because it is not of my position. So, please cut it out.

The enemy condemned the teachings of God not being a man as a lie from the devils for the past 6,000 years.

Here we go again. The cycle never stops. Noah warned people that there will be a Flood. People laughed at him and thought he's :crazy: Some 6,000 years later, I have a new friend here in AD by the name of "CK". "CK" thinks I'm :crazy: . I'm happy to accepted it and I still love "CK". :ily:

The Scripture mentions Him as the Son of Man and also mentions Him as not being a spirit but a man. God is a man [aka Son of man] and I just cannot make Him other than man.

The "Son of Man" is actually Jesus. He died on the cross, nailed on both of his physical hands and feet. So, you are correct...

Yet they deny the coming of Spirit to be the son of a man. If Jesus were a Son of God, what about Moses and the other prophets? Were they not His Sons since they were His prophets?

I'll give you little better picture: Say that there is one big corporation. The CEO is God (Father). VP is Jesus. Managers are prophets. Make sense?

He is called the "Son of Man." You are really foolish to be looking to see the return of the Prophet Jesus or Spirit. It is the same as looking for the return of Abraham, Moses and Elijah. All of these prophets prophesied the coming of the son of man with equal power, under many names. You must remember that Jesus could not have been referring to Himself as returning to the people in the last days. He prophesied another's coming who was much greater than He.

I'm not sure why you called me foolish? :confused: I haven't mentioned anything about His Second Coming on my past postings. Well, at any rate, I am looking forward of His Second Coming in the flesh of a man.

Let that one among you who believes God is other than man prove it.!

Like as I said in my past postings, God is a man. Satisifed?

I cannot see a spirit; therefore, the teachings of His coming would be false.

So, there will be no Second Coming at all? :confused:

The spirit of life is and has been with me all of my lives Since I was born in the world began. God is in person among me and you today. He is a man, He is in His time. God sees, hears, knows, wills, acts and is a person (man). The evil workings of the devil MUST come to an end.

I agree.

I will not keep silent until He executes judgment and defends my cause. Fear not my life, for He is well able to defend it. Know that God is a man and not a spook!

I agree.

NOTE: Remember! You look forward to seeing the coming of the "Son of Man" (a man from a man) and not the coming of a "spirit."

That's correct. He is due to come in the flesh as a man.

~DV

ckfarbes said:
DeafVeggie, I am not going to pray nor ask God any longer. I gained the knowledge of Word from the Scripture. Scripture of the word opened my eyes to see more clearly Since the word is still teaching me till now. My eyes aint in cloud anymore. Because His scripture of word chosen me. :D

Oh really? :eek: You are not going to pray or ask God anymore? :shock: You gained the knowledge of the Word from the Scripture??? Wow!!!

Are you a deaf God now? :confused:

If you are not God, then you will still need to pray and ask God to show your humble.

~DV

;)
ckfarbes said:
DeafVeggie, Okay I give you an example from below:

Did God say that He was a Mystery God, or did someone say it of Him? Did God say that He was only a Spirit, or did someone say it of Him? The most important question of all questions that one could ask is, "Who is God?"

God never said He is a Mystery. If He said that, He will never love all of us!

It is like a child who does not know his father asking his mother to tell him the name of his father, wanting to know what his father looks like and if he favors his father. Can we not ask the same question who are seeking the knowledge of Father? Should we be called disbeliever's or infidels, just because we seek the truth or knowledge of Father? The mother may, in some cases, think it best to keep the name of her child a secret, as it was in the case of Mary and Joseph, thousand years ago. But, in the case of Flesh and blood, one would say that we all should know Him, but at the proper time.

You don't tell your kids how they were born until they are older enough at the proper time. If your kids ask you now with the answer, just give your kids the story of a "Bird & Bees". :laugh2:

Look the scripture from below:

Luk 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Luke wrote this, He did not mention that Jesus was from God or something like that. He show me that Jesus was supposed the son of Joseph. as Adam was supposed the son of God, is not It correct??

:gpost:

Luke 3:23, Joseph was identified as Mary's husband and an earthly caring father to raise Jesus.

Luke 3:38, Adam was the first man on earth. Adam's son was Seth. Seth's son was Enos. Enos' son was...ok, keep going on and on for another 6,000 years until now. If we look backward in time, we will call Adam as our great-great-great-great (thousand times) grandfather! Make sense? That's part of family genealogy line.

Now, back to your question: Was Adam supposed to be the son of God? Yes, he was because God created him as His son (please pay attention carefully to lower-case "s", not capital "S"). But, we do not worship :bowdown: Adam at all. We are taught to worship :bowdown: Jesus, the Son of God!

Remember, we all are the children of God! CK, you are my brother. Everyone here on AD are your brothers and sisters. :cool:

CK, you are still the son of God, but we will never worship :bowdown: you! Why?
Because God told everyone of us to worship :bowdown: Jesus, the Son of God!

I am the son of God, but you all will never worship :bowdown: me! Why?
Because God told everyone of us to worship :bowdown: Jesus, the Son of God!

Clear?

~DV

DeafVeggie said:
Oh really? :eek: You are not going to pray or ask God anymore? :shock: You gained the knowledge of the Word from the Scripture??? Wow!!!

Are you a deaf God now? :confused:

If you are not God, then you will still need to pray and ask God to show your humble.

~DV

Great post, DV!! Where have you been all of my life?!

Why many of us misunderstand the bible?

Such as CK, his opinions about the bible were way off. Does he get on your nerve?

It s just curious questions?

DeafVeggie!!

DeafVeggie said:
;)
DeafVeggie said:
;)
DeafVeggie said:
;)
DeafVeggie said:
~DV
~DV
~DV
I am sorry that I did not respond you back, Due I was steady focus on my lovely newborn.. I come back when eveything is smooth and other things.. I will answer your questions back later on.. Have nice weekend!! enjoy stay and fun around!

Askjo said:
What Bible version(s) do you use?

KJV (King James Version)

NASB (New American Standard Bible)

NIV (New International Version)

NKJV (New King James Version)

Any versions that you can name.

KJV. It is complete, 100 % accurate, and is author of God of the Bible. Only one.

CyberRed said:
For example here :

NIV, NASB Citation KJV

men 2 Pet. 1:21 holy me
angels Matt. 25:31 holy angels
brethren I Thess. 5:27 holy brethren
prophets Rev. 22:6 holy prophets
apostles and prophets Rev. 18:20 holy apostles and prophets
Spirit John 7:39 Holy Ghost
Spirit I Cor. 2:13 Holy Ghost
Spirit Matt. 12:31 Holy Ghost
Spirit Acts 6:3 Holy Ghost
Spirit Acts 8:18 Holy Ghost

"Satan cometh immediately and taketh away the word..." Mark 4:15

It's why I prefer to read KJV, so I don't miss out anythin'. It's dangerous to pen-knife to alter the Word of God. I don't want to live in the dark, if the Word of God is omitted. :)

Amen! I second that! Satan use other versions to confuse them. KJV is pure of word of God.

Safari said:
Satan use other versions to confuse them.
Correct! I agree with you. That is how the Satan deceived Eve concerning God's Words. The Bible said that all of us will TREMBLE at HIS WORD.

Askjo said:
Is the KJV grade level 12? No, That is false. I went 2 different stores and saw 2 different charts. On one store it said, Grade 12. On another store it said, grade 10. Which one is right? I found a famous research company from Ohio. This research company said the KJV is readable and understandable as modern versions.

Genesis

KJV - 5.10
NIV - 5.76
NASB - 5.93

Ruth

KJV - 5.08
NIV -5.53
NASB - 5.78

John

KJV - 4.79
NIV - 4.92
NASB - 5.57

The lowest level is best.

Definetly! KJV only is on 5 grade level and easy to readable and memorize.

NASV
magi
pugnacious
tunics
winnowing fork

KJV
wise men
striker
coats
fan

See Matthew 2:1, 2:7
See 1 Timothy 3:3
See Matthew 10:10
See Luke 3:17, Matthew 3:12

Askjo said:
Correct! I agree with you. That is how the Satan deceived Eve concerning God's Words. The Bible said that all of us will TREMBLE at HIS WORD.

According to Genesis 2:17 and 3:4

God has spoken to Adam in the garden of Eden, "thou shalt surely die". Genesis 2:17

Satan spoken to Eve in the tree, "Ye shall not surely die". Genesis 3:4

Safari said:
According to Genesis 2:17 and 3:4

God has spoken to Adam in the garden of Eden, "thou shalt surely die". Genesis 2:17

Satan spoken to Eve in the tree, "Ye shall not surely die". Genesis 3:4
Exactly! Modern versions contradicted each other in some verses. I 100% agree with you.

Modern versions said on John 5:31 and 8:14:

Testimony is true

Testimony is not true
----------------------
Witness is true

Witness is not true.

Modern versions are wrong.

Back