Being VIP members

lumbingmi

Reaction score
For those who became VIP members, share your experiences of being VIP of ALL DEAF.

Has it improve your lifestyle or brought a good fortune to you?

Well I dont have to clean out my PM box as often, LOL. But really its a nice donation to help Alex help AD.com I assuredly say to you that the vBulletin software and its licensing is not cheap. My memory tells me that it is $119 per owned license if Alex has purchased 50 or more licenses. Individual licenses cost $180. 12 month phone support costs $300.00

Running AD.com using vBulletin software is quite expensive.

Remember vBulletin is a paid solution and rewrite of BB software.

Also lets not forget the additional site hosting and server fees as well as the maintenence and upgrades that are needed to keep AD.com up to date.

I like making donations to AD it has help me a lot and also I get to use really cool avartars and signatures and my PM box don't fill as fast :D

also - we get paid bonuses. we get paid like 1 penny for every post we make, LOL.

Very Important Person. (or in ADs case it can mean Poster.)

Dixie's posts is bluffing you, lumbi - but the benefits that the PMs has increased to 500 to the regular 300. We, VIPs are allowed to have aminated avatars and two siggies, but regulars get caught by that gets in trouble. And yes, vbulletin is expensive but a good forum to run with!

but an animated avatar and two signatures just seems too cluttered for me, thus why I cut mine down to just the bird and a link to my blog.

I feel animated avatars are very lucky! Worth every penny of VIP membership.

hmm maybe I need to put up a certain animated Darren Avatar that used to be in my signature. LOL.

Yes, Botts - and even though you are allowed to have larger avatar in your VIP Membership too

I get to boost my ego in having bigger avatar and signature, is that what VIP is all about?

I have seen other many messageboards but I never seen them asking for donation. So it doesn't make any sense here at all.

I get to boost my ego in having bigger avatar and signature, is that what VIP is all about?

I have seen other many messageboards but I never seen them asking for donation. So it doesn't make any sense here at all.

Like what WhiteWolves64 said .... we, aders donate $ to Alex, so he can buy a new guitar. :laugh2:

Like what WhiteWolves64 said .... we, aders donate $ to Alex, so he can buy a new guitar. :laugh2:

That explain why he s showing off his new guitar in his avatar. Sadly, that doesn't convince me and others to pony up for VIP.

Back