Before you became an adult, what did you want to be?

Actually it was. 1977, I believe? I was born in 1983.

You should use the quote feature, are you talking about Rocketman?? If so no, you're probably thinking if Starman, Rocketman came out in the late 90s

That funny? Hmm. I just might go and find that movie somewhere.

Hey! So do I-- writing articles for a newspaper. Makes me wish there was a Deaf newspaper business.

When I was little, I wanted to do math and art like an architect. I was into Math and Art. When I went to CSUN, I started out as a Graphic Designer. Pretty close but it wasnt my route when I became an adult. With Deafness, it does cloud our ability to see where we go, but we all need to be fighters. We can do anything!

When I was little, I wanted to do math and art like an architect. I was into Math and Art. When I went to CSUN, I started out as a Graphic Designer. Pretty close but it wasnt my route when I became an adult. With Deafness, it does cloud our ability to see where we go, but we all need to be fighters. We can do anything!

If both the mainstream or Deaf schools including hearing parents would encourage us to make the dream come true for us. That would be great. But in the old days, that is not happening for us giving up our dreams. :(

I didn't have many survival skills growing up, but living here in Chicago has greatly increased my chances of survival, as well as mingling with other Deaf/HoH people.

An architect, - house designer, then car designer...like back in 1985 i drew this...it was like nothing on 1985 roads you'd see this ...then NOW you do...

i had visions for things but nah hearing world sux...
here's that scribble i did before the bell rang (and after i finished a maths test..)

IMAG0622_zpsaedbb00b.jpg

see what i mean?

Omfg that is just flipping amazing Grummer! I would love a car like that!

I think I did want to be a model but i knew I wont make it due to my short, and other some features that arent perfect. :o

I wanted to be an astronaut.... Honestly, I'd still love to be an astronaut... I know it can not happen... however, I love space and anything to do with it. That would be such a cool thing to do!
Yeah, it would be cool to say hi to aliens in UFO. :cool2: I believe there are many of them out there.

I'm kind of boring in this respect, I wanted to be a teacher and now I have a teaching degree and work at a school...there was once a time where I thought I could be a vet but decided I didn't want to be the one to put other people's animals to sleep...

I remember when I was younger I wanted to be a samurai. It was interesting hearing your father explain to that you women were never samurais and that then you pull the card, "But Dad, I thought women could do any job a man could!"

Let's just say it took a long time for me to understand culturally what he meant without trying to offend me. :lol:

I eventually will someday, but for now, my satisfaction lies with leaving my friends happy having an operational computer, or an upgraded Internet, and in some cases, fixing a problem with their laptop VP's, and my understanding of ntouch PC is quite good, and I'm easily able to spot and fix any problems, if any.
I do a lot of that too, but I've found that I can do even more help by earning some money so I can buy parts and such for people who can't afford them. I found out that some of the tools and testing equipment for computers aren't cheap either. :lol:

I do a lot of that too, but I've found that I can do even more help by earning some money so I can buy parts and such for people who can't afford them. I found out that some of the tools and testing equipment for computers aren't cheap either. :lol:

Funny. I actually considered buying computer bits and pieces for people who might need them. I just might do that next year. That'll give me something to do, and keep me busy, but I'll have to figure out where to store them, though. I was planning on buying computer screens and cables, just for starters, and I might still do that.

Back