Before you became an adult, what did you want to be?

1003702_10200270056141891_30273930_n+(1).jpg

Great responses everyone. Sorry for not getting back sooner, as I just woke up.

Anyways... to answer the question about why it's unrealistic today, the answer is probably because the loss of my hearing would most likely prevent me from fully communicating, because I am focused on my tasks, and most likely wouldn't want to be bothered until I had completed that task.

loss of my hearing would most likely prevent me from fully communicating, becauseI am focused on my tasks, and most likely wouldn't want to be bothered until I had completed that task.

Here are some job descriptions on an astronomer:

Astronomer Job Description - How to Become an Astronomer
What're job duties of an astronomer? - Yahoo Answers

Note how they both say it requires working by observing. Well, you'd be perfect because you have to concentrate and you won't be distracted with noises. For example, you'd be great at comet watching :D

I wanted to fly airliners or helicopters.

Just as well I decided not to... someone my age pursued the dream, and landed an extremely coveted apprenticeship-style position with British Airways. Full training up to ATP standard, and then a guaranteed job as a First Officer. The training was to start in October 2001...

...9/11 happened? And with it a huge downturn for the aviation industry? His program was cancelled.

Oh, that's right. Forgot about that part about airline programs being cancelled.

Yes, I know. That wasn't what got me interested. I wanted to see the planets up close and personal using one of those HUGE telescopes.

Where I grew up, everyone wanted to be a scientist. I did too, until I found out I wasn't made for it. Lol

Yes. I wanted to work with spiders, and learn more about them. However, where I am today suits me much better than venomous spiders.

I actually don't have a job, but I'm interested in finding one computer related, so I can help people fix their laptops, or if any deaf people needed help, I'd be willing to take the time and travel around the region here to help those in need. Thing is, I don't work for money-- I do it because I want to, and if people want to give me money, that's their decision-- I never ask.

I actually don't have a job, but I'm interested in finding one computer related, so I can help people fix their laptops, or if any deaf people needed help, I'd be willing to take the time and travel around the region here to help those in need. Thing is, I don't work for money-- I do it because I want to, and if people want to give me money, that's their decision-- I never ask.
Some pro bono work is always good but you also have to make a living. :)

I eventually will someday, but for now, my satisfaction lies with leaving my friends happy having an operational computer, or an upgraded Internet, and in some cases, fixing a problem with their laptop VP's, and my understanding of ntouch PC is quite good, and I'm easily able to spot and fix any problems, if any.

A mermaid? You wanted to explore the underwater world? I wouldn't mind doing that someday, but only in one of those things that can go deep underwater.

Back