Banjo's First Vlog

Banjo's FIRST

:bowdown: Banjo, you outdid yourself on your first try! Wonderful. And your long fingers make your ASL so very understandable and smoothe. You have talent!

I think your avatar picture is a great improvement! I don't think anyone would notice "the eyes" unless they were actually looking for that feature. The kind smile and the happy, satisfied look on your face is very impressive. 'A nice looking fellow!

We will all be looking forward to the "second installment".

:fingersx:

YOu add captions with Imovie??

Hmm, anybody know any of freeware/software for PC that I can use to add subtites?

I do have several VLOG clips waiting to be launched but I have no programs to edit my clips.
I might as well just type out the transcript in the blog entry below the video for now?

Do this! Trying to keep up with your vlogs gives me a headache.

Banjo. Great job. I love it. Finally a vlog that I don't have to worry about keeping up with signs.

wow, you did great job on your first try, Banjo.

It's interesting to watch sign language before read subtitles. I learned ASL at long time ago... Watch your ASL fresh my memory... :thumb:

Again, you did super job!!!! I :applause: you for that.

wow, I noticed that you lose your weight... You look good...

Nice going, Banjo, but font would need more fit for general.

If anyone already have quicktime pro, you can add subtitle. It's use vector which less memory to add. It make much easy to read.

oh, I didn't notice there is now button to turn "CC" on or off view. That's really cool. That's something quicktime can't do that.

It was a good seeing you again ! It is hard to believe, you are growing up into young and handsome man ! :D

Congrats on your awesome ASL !! Keep it up a good work !!!

Go Banjo !!!

Regards,

Kalista (Sabrina)

Pretty cool Banjo! I like how you sign and having closed caption the same time, I do like your opinions on education. well put dude! :thumb:

Great job!! Only thing I would suggest is to try change the color of text captions to yellow to see if it is more easy to read than in white.

Great job!! Only thing I would suggest is to try change the color of text captions to yellow to see if it is more easy to read than in white.

I cannot alter the font or the colour of it. However, if you click on the Google icon and go to the Google page... the text will be much bigger and easier to read.

At first when I was a little girl, I learned how to speak with HAs on at different time they shown me the symbols in the books with a word. They shown me what an " airplane " looked like with a word that says an " airplane " under that image and so forth. It helped me alot to understand what to call it. It's more like " phonics " or somethin' like that. I read books while growin' up. I got that from my mom's side. I even read dictionary, too as even, thou I thought it was a book. I learned ASL when I was 8 years old after I learned how to speak with HAs thru the speech therapist. Some people kept tellin' me that my English in writin' is more " command " in language than my ASL. I can sign ASL, SEE, PSE and total communication. FYI, I don't like to " write " on the paper to say somethin' to hearin' people. It's kinda of time consumin' to me. I prefer signin' and wish them to learn sign language. I believe that by readin' books does help me writin' in English better, BUT my English in writin' is NOT always that perfect. I used to know many LONG words and know what they mean when I was young, but now I don't use them anymore -- I am usin' words that some deaf people use alot ( common words they use everyday ).
My parents don't sign while I was growin' up. I use my voice to talk to them and they use their voices to talk to me, BUT they talked it slow and clear for me to understand them by lipreadin'. I taught my siblin' fingerspellin' after I learned it thru my old pal at elementary school ( we were hidin' in the bathroom to learn it. LOL That was in 1968 at that time. )

And, now my siblin' and I are gettin' older -- they met deaf people in their local area and they are startin' to learn some sign language from deaf people. I am pretty sure that my siblin' did tell them that they have a deaf sister ( me ) because, of the fingerspellin' I taught them when they were kids.

Banjo, you did a wonderful job with your Vlog. I bet it helps alot to some deaf people ( ADers ) to understand better than English to read. FYI, I am visualized person. :)

Way to go, pal !! :thumb:

Awesome! :thumb: I do agree with you about closed caption, and I'm hoping also there will be changes in the nearest future because I do get frustrated on lack of access to view movies without closed caption, which in hometown I don't usual go out at a theatre to see a movie because there's no closed captioning airing where I live, only about two hours or more away from me, is that even fair for me to drive two hours just to catch a movie? I would love to see improvements and changes on closed caption not only out threatres, but also on dvd. ;)

Back