ATTN: Relay Online Lover

Good luck changing the FCC ruleing lol

knightwolf68 said:
yes u can call from on line to cell phone .... two co worker from here told me that they got a call from their friends from netmeeting... u need to check out on netmeeting and figure out ... u will see there is dail number and u can call them ...

No... Prehaps, you will must show me. :)

illustrator said:
I think I deserve to pay the long-distance service. Staff are work hard to be paid for it.

I want all hearing impaired to be well-equal as hearing. Pay own goods and service. Not being begger.

Hmm.. I am think about write letter to FCC about long-distance issues. :aw:
Government pay for relay long distance that kind of thing...

pimpdaddyposse said:
Government pay for relay long distance that kind of thing...

I paid tax. I have right what tax should do. :booty:

Government need to save money. I help them. :mrgreen:

Illustrator, if you want an answer, contact your state relay's account manager. They will have all the answers you need.

I think you say you live in OR, if that is the case, contact:

Aparna Lele, Account Manager
Sprint, 8705 SW Nimbus, Suite 240,
Beaverton, OR 97008
800 377-1150 TTY, 503-671-1929 Fax
Email: aparna.lele@mail.sprint.com

from this page: http://www.sprintbiz.com/government/relay/contacts.html

I talk to the California Sprint account managers often and they answer all my questions. I'd ask them now but I know they're busy with the Deaf Nation event this weekend in Pomona, CA.

Dennis said:
Illustrator, if you want an answer, contact your state relay's account manager. They will have all the answers you need.

I think you say you live in OR, if that is the case, contact:

Aparna Lele, Account Manager
Sprint, 8705 SW Nimbus, Suite 240,
Beaverton, OR 97008
800 377-1150 TTY, 503-671-1929 Fax
Email: aparna.lele@mail.sprint.com

from this page: http://www.sprintbiz.com/government/relay/contacts.html

I talk to the California Sprint account managers often and they answer all my questions. I'd ask them now but I know they're busy with the Deaf Nation event this weekend in Pomona, CA.

finally, thank you very much. :waves:

carmelo anthony said:
illustrator is a disgrace to the deaf world.

Uh, do you not have anything positive to say? And what makes you say that? And what makes it ok for you to judge someone like that? hmm?

pinkster said:
Uh, do you not have anything positive to say? And what makes you say that? And what makes it ok for you to judge someone like that? hmm?

how about minding your own damn business. i can say whatever pleases me.

you :greddy:

same as my hearing freinds ask me i told them i don;t know maybe they have a reason why

carmelo anthony said:
illustrator is a disgrace to the deaf world.

Even though carmelo didn't say it in a nice way but I have to agree with him. Being deaf in hearing world has been difficult enough and Relay Online has been generous enough to NOT charge us for long distance calls. I know they still do through tax but at least they don't charge us directly. This has taken down big barriers off our shoulders since we (not all of us) are the "unfortunates" who does not earn same amount of money as hearing does out there in real world. It's up to you illustrator to do whatever you want to do. Please think of other people... you might hurt some of us who can't afford to call our parents who lives somewhere else in USA. I think I have suffer enough, thank you.

I think it's very very generous for the service providers to make it free for us, especially as many of us do experience difficulty with some relay calls (some businesses do hang up on us). We all do pay taxes on it anyhow.

And I wouldn't want to be charged for a long-distance call that wasn't successful (I don't mean that they don't pick up... I mean they do pick up with hostility and hang up on us.) We spend more time trying to communicate with the general population, especially via relay calls.

Tostitos said:
Even though carmelo didn't say it in a nice way but I have to agree with him. Being deaf in hearing world has been difficult enough and Relay Online has been generous enough to NOT charge us for long distance calls. I know they still do through tax but at least they don't charge us directly. This has taken down big barriers off our shoulders since we (not all of us) are the "unfortunates" who does not earn same amount of money as hearing does out there in real world. It's up to you illustrator to do whatever you want to do. Please think of other people... you might hurt some of us who can't afford to call our parents who lives somewhere else in USA. I think I have suffer enough, thank you.

I dont see how thats relevant to the kind of person Illustrator is. He simply asked for a legitimate explaination as to why the Online Relay is offered free to deaf people. What does that say about his personality? Nothing that we should judge upon. Ask questions, know more, look less stupid. Nothing wrong with that. I think you both are totally off.

I feel like Im one of few people who understands the original idea of his post. :thumbd:

pinkster said:
I dont see how thats relevant to the kind of person Illustrator is. He simply asked for a legitimate explaination as to why the Online Relay is offered free to deaf people. What does that say about his personality? Nothing that we should judge upon. Ask questions, know more, look less stupid. Nothing wrong with that. I think you both are totally off.

I feel like Im one of few people who understands the original idea of his post. :thumbd:

Ok, I judge your post as :thumbd: since you judged our post. Don't get too egoistical right here since you proudly mentioned that you are the only one of the few that actually understands Illustrator's post. I hate to break this to you, this is not just your world and we all have our own perspective. I understand the original post perfectly. I understand illustrator's intention to ask why we are not paying for Online Relay. He was very clear about his question, thank you for pointing that out. Although, you have no right to judge how we reply to illustrator's post. My post was intended to defend against one of the illustrator's post which is quoted below.

illustrator said:
Hmm.. I am think about write letter to FCC about long-distance issues. :aw:

Wow, alldeaf has became very egoistical since my last post. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Tostitos said:
Ok, I judge your post as :thumbd: since you judged our post. Don't get too big headed right here since you proudly announced that you are the only one of the few that actually understand Illustrator's post. This is not just your world and we all have our own perspective. I understand the original post perfectly. I understand illustrator's intention to ask why we are not paying for Online Relay perfectly. You have no right to judge how we reply to illustrator's post. My post was intended to defend against one of the illustrator's post which is quoted below.

Have a nice day.

Actually I judged who you are, but yeah. :)

Well, let illustrator call or file up a suggestion to FCC because I am sure that there are many deafies will file a complaints or suggestions to not let them change the policy (I am talking about free long distance) to cancel illustrator's suggestion. After all everyone are entitle to share their opinions and feedbacks so illustrator shared his opinion after all, nothing more or less than that :p

My date is hearing as well and she supports whatever we recieve from government. That's my gal! :D Perhaps that illustrator don't realize that government has been ignore us or our needs for years, years and years like no closed captions in our parents & grandparents'' time, no TTY (in old time), deaf don't allow to drive certain vehicles, no interpreters for radio, blah blah many many thousands more that deafies do not have the access (there are some that still don't give us the fair access). illustrator, perhaps you will need to ask your "lover" a question, "why don't we have the access to radio like hearings do without altering our bodies such as so-called CI and other things?" And ask her another question if you like, why does deafies earn low pay than hearings do in same position, same degrees, same experiences and same attitudes? (Thanks to my hearing gal for this second question because it actually happen to two deaf employes she know at her work who can perform more quick and skill than hearings do in same position/degrees/attitudes yet recieve low salary. Out of 600 employes, my gal is only person who filed a complaint against her work about that. Sad eh?)

I think it is reasonable for deafies to have some privilages like free long distance. So if you want to pay the long distance relay online then be my guest and donate your money to these relay online, I am sure they would appreciate the donation from you :) but don't expect us to do same thing until we or I have the same access as hearings do then I am sure we or I would consider to do same thing as you do.

Cheers!

Last edited:
pinkster said:
Actually I judged who you are, but yeah. :)

:slap: You don't know me at all. I don't judge who you are at all. And you already pulled this thread off topic.

BACK to the topic, why are we not paying for Relay Online? And should illustrator write a letter to FCC?

Tostitos said:
:slap: You don't know me at all. I don't judge who you are at all. And you already pulled this thread off topic.

BACK to the topic, why are we not paying for Relay Online? And should illustrator write a letter to FCC?

Illustrator can do whatever he wants. Welcome to america. Now as much as this may shock everyone in here, i agree with him, using 711 should charge you long distance, but maybe at half the normal rate since the delay for having someones words be turned into text. Do i honestly think 1 letter to the FCC will do it, no. So dont everyone all jump up and down, and even if you are mad, like it or not its his right as an american do write to anyone he wants.

Inconclusion: Fuck you carmelo, dont call people gay because they disagree with you, its like me calling you a sloppy bitch and telling you i'm going to :buk: on you. Get more then 25 posts before you start pissing people off.

Megladon said:
Illustrator can do whatever he wants. Welcome to america. Now as much as this may shock everyone in here, i agree with him, using 711 should charge you long distance, but maybe at half the normal rate since the delay for having someones words be turned into text. Do i honestly think 1 letter to the FCC will do it, no. So dont everyone all jump up and down, and even if you are mad, like it or not its his right as an american do write to anyone he wants.

Umm, there are unlimited long-distance service, that's pretty good deal for home. :)

There are major problem for Mac OS which are limited on relay online.
I don't want PC because of high spyware and virus. (I like about PC because of low price, that's all)

Back