Attn: Addressing some issues that has been going on.

Zealots should just be written off as loonies, regardless of their convictions. Period. Why? Because they are violating the very basis of human rights in which almost everyone (in the world) agree on. So no need to bring religions in the topic of those types, because they know better.

Everyone has the right to voice their own opinions, regardless of whether their opinions coincide with your own. I am sure to them, you are the looney.

Now to repeat what was said on another thread previously:

"Can't we just agree to disagree and move on!!!"

I think we have gone to far with the religion discussion here and need to move onto the more pressing issues. I usually keep my nose out of things, but I couldn't keep quiet about this much longer. Sorry.

yeah true....the definition of a 'forum' is a public post open to debate...when one post a topic it is open to debate and not owned. Forum board ispublic.
while I'm here....I don't think the mods need to get involved to the point of getting into the argument and making peace.....they should simply warn both parties or lock them out of that particular thread.
they don't need the headache of falling into each heavily argued topic.
and yes I agree there are trollers-pricks who just like to make a stink. Too obsessive on particular subject.
religion...not gonna get em to agree...that's why they go to thier own churches...to be around thier own...and they should be bringing it here forcing thier church onto others.Noone disagrees with your right to worship as you please.....but don't push it onto others....we worship as we please.....in our place or worship...or what and wherever.

I think that it's odd that people who start threads think that they "own" the thread. I've never be on any other forum where this happens. Usually, people start threads about something that interests them and let the conversation develop.

I don't think that I own threads I start. I just start a thread and see if anyone wants to post. I may or may not respond to other people. The thread just develops as it will.

I think that the concept of "ownership" of threads is problematic and encourages aggressive behavior. The "owner" of a thread often has a preconceived idea about what should be posted on his tread, and he tends to tell people that they are off base or off topic. This prevents the free flow of ideas and conversation.

Thank you for post to bring up on your thread. Jolie

I quit go to Political thread because it's two much drama and argument. It's tiresome and nitpicked. And also I am tired of hear of Audism and deaf education about cochlear implants babies and children. I do not like the mob rules of culture. Cultures are not matter.

I never go to religions thread when I joined AD. I found out it was closed permanent. :(

What about those who spread lies and post innaccurate information?

Do we let them continue to misinform people on AD?

yeah that is excatly how I feel! It makes me so furious when hearing parents with Deaf children. They were not listening to us instead of their professional medical to get their Deaf infants or toddlers to get the cochlear implants. they were deny to not want to deal with their Deaf children to learn ASL or avoid them to interact with other Deaf children and adults.

Also, I miss old members in this site. They are very rarely posted in AD's.

yeah that is excatly how I feel! It makes me so furious when hearing parents with Deaf children. They were not listening to us instead of their professional medical to get their Deaf infants or toddlers to get the cochlear implants. they were deny to not want to deal with their Deaf children to learn ASL or avoid them to interact with other Deaf children and adults.

Also, I miss old members in this site. They are very rarely posted in AD's.

Who were the old members?

I think that it's odd that people who start threads think that they "own" the thread. I've never be on any other forum where this happens. Usually, people start threads about something that interests them and let the conversation develop.

I don't think that I own threads I start. I just start a thread and see if anyone wants to post. I may or may not respond to other people. The thread just develops as it will.

I think that the concept of "ownership" of threads is problematic and encourages aggressive behavior. The "owner" of a thread often has a preconceived idea about what should be posted on his tread, and he tends to tell people that they are off base or off topic. This prevents the free flow of ideas and conversation.

This is happening now...:roll:

I'm not anti-CI either. I'm only anti-parents making audist decisions for their Deaf children without even consulting them.

Hello, Everyone -

As you know, We have been seeing a lot of threads that were closed left and right which typically resulted in to a lot of antics, trolling, provoking, enticing. The lists goes on. Granted, there are a lot of members on this board that has strong opinions. Certainly, we can't have everyone to agree. If we were to agree on everything, it would just make it boring.

But -- It is getting tiresome to see a lot of threads that ends up being locked just because member A and member B keeps going on to the point where they can't agree to disagree or rather, to let the sleeping dogs lie. To disagree is fine. To agree is fine too. If there's a way to say it, fine. We all are adults here on this forum. Come on, I know we all have bright members here that knows how to hold their foot down and still can have a continuous dialogue that can be cordial rather than ending up in an disagreement that turns out ugly.

Just because one doesn't agree does not need to have the say to go "Oh, you're not informed. You're ignorant. You know nothing about this." What's wrong with saying "I'm sorry, I'm afraid that you're misinformed *and insert the correct answer/source* or whatever it is? The point is, time to time, I've said this over and over (which is what I will continue to say so) that when responding to another poster - do it like you mean it with affirmation than just shooting some blank/underlying comments that may seem to go on forever. This is not what we need here on this forum. It's got to stop, really.

Some trolls do have a creative spark and have chosen to squander it on being disruptive. There is a certain perverse pleasure in watching some of them. While most people on the Internet are ardent defenders of free speech, it is not an absolute right; there are practical limitations. For example, you may not scream out "Fire!" in a crowded theatre, and you may not make jokes about bombs while waiting to board an airplane. We accept these limitations because we recognize that they serve a greater good.

The ultimate response to the 'free speech' argument is this: while we may have the right to say more or less whatever we want, we do not have the right to say it wherever we want. You may feel strongly about the fact that your neighbor has not mowed his lawn for two months, but you do not have the right to berate him in his own living room.

So, with that said; Keep it cordial/clean. If not, It'd be wise to keep it to yourself. It's better that way.

On a final note; If this continues - A ban will be in effect for both sides of the parties. It does not matter who starts it. It lies on both sides because both sides have it at fault for allowing it to happen.

If there's anything else that needs to be said or wants to be discussed about this issue; Please do so, with respect.

Thank You. :)

Jo, you said it perfect! Now that what I like to hear what you posted! :)

Back