attention for smoker

Along with that new drug and others like so, there are some coming out and in FDA clinical trials coming that are like an Antabuse (drug for alcoholism) that ill make your wretching nausiated if you smoke while taking this. :eek3:

Well, i dont know but Chantix is not making him sick so far and
hes not taking the other drug for alcololism..so guess it wont be
a problem.

Just want to give you all an update on my hubby's
smoking ceasation...He is doing so well with this
prescription drug, Chantix!! The only side effect he
has with it is nausea but thats it, and it only lasts
a few minutes. He has not smoked one ciggy for
almost a month!! Im sooo proud of him!!
He had an appt with his dr. and she is soo happy
and proud of him too!!

I would recommend anybody who wants to quit smoking
of this wonderful, wonderful drug, Chantix!
We are puzzled that it was not advertized or nothing, it's
weird...heh.

Just want to give you all an update on my hubby's
smoking ceasation...He is doing so well with this
prescription drug, Chantix!! The only side effect he
has with it is nausea but thats it, and it only lasts
a few minutes. He has not smoked one ciggy for
almost a month!! Im sooo proud of him!!
He had an appt with his dr. and she is soo happy
and proud of him too!!

I would recommend anybody who wants to quit smoking
of this wonderful, wonderful drug, Chantix!
We are puzzled that it was not advertized or nothing, it's
weird...heh.

Great to hear. Keep up stay off smoke. I still not have smoke. YAYAYAYA!. One thing I don't nausea. I remember doctor warn me about this one. Congrats your hubby quit smoke for almost month. Yes, same thing I was wonder there is no advertised newspaper, magazine or whatsoever. I guess keep words spread out to people.

My hubby got a prescription drug called "Chantix" from the
doctor. What he has to do is take the drug twice a day,
keep smoking as usual but what the drug does that it
decreases your cravings for the nicotine gradually! I think
after you quit, you keep taking the drug for a while till
you just lose the cravings for nicotine completely.
The doctor told him that his other patients had great
success with it so hopefully it will work for him!
Please pray for him for this drug to work for him!!
For he desperatley wanted to quit so bad..he is
hopelessly addicted to this bad stuff.....

an interpreter i know for years quit smokin she use same pill ur hubby do and she quit less than 2 months.. she is buggin me on that too... i havent talked to my dr about that . the interperter said she pays like almost 100 a month for that and i will try find more information bec i tried Patch, my skin became red, and tried Wellburtin.. it did help less smoking but not at all .. so lets see if chantix will help .. who knows..

Casperman.....I did try patch but not working due itch my skins. Try your insurance health coverage will pay everything (depend on your company). Mine was only paid 15 bucks then rest of coverage take care all. Try check it out.

Congrat to Falcon and Defee's husband about quit smoking.

I hate smoking so much, I'm more risk to develop the sore throat so frequently when I got smoking from second hand.

Smoking companies got pwned, some CEO are expected that drugs wouldn't work, fuck to them.

Great to hear. Keep up stay off smoke. I still not have smoke. YAYAYAYA!. One thing I don't nausea. I remember doctor warn me about this one. Congrats your hubby quit smoke for almost month. Yes, same thing I was wonder there is no advertised newspaper, magazine or whatsoever. I guess keep words spread out to people.

Good for you too!! and thanks! He says the nausea is not so bad
now..it is less now..so im glad.
He did try patches, Wellburtin, cold turkey in the past, none of these
worked. This prescription, Chantix is the best thing in the world!
He has online support too and that helps.
Our insurance covers it, so good thing!

Thanks to Pacman and hohDoug! :ty:

very funny gif, i couldnt figure it out at first then i realize the joke. As for smoking, I smoke, and still do, I have smoked for like 6 years now since i was like 16, but on and off since i was 13. And it does sucks, cuz i have asthma which does not usually go with smoking cigs. oh well

That's funny, I didn't know you could get cancer from just one cigarette. I only "stress smoke"...but I've been stressed 24/7 for the past year. But whatever I don't want to live to be 100. I plan on dying peacfully when I'm 70.

My hubby quit smoking at 3 years ago which is great but my teenage son open to me that he is smoking. (thanks to his peers)... He claimed that he smoke rarely but I warn him that "rare" COULD lead addiction... Look at my hubby... He started to smoke when he was my son's age... and then addicted the smoking... quit at 3 years ago... My son were like :ugh3: and tried to convince us that he is not my hubby... I told him that he will remember my warning and I did smoked when I was 10 years old and know it's bad and quit... I am really glad that I am not addict on smoking... My son were like :ugh3:

We can't do anything to forbid him but keep on nerve him about smoking issues... :giggle:

I think this is a FRIDAY ....Yay Friday !!! :) i don't touch a cigar ...hehe but i am not a smoker ... ;-)

very funny gif, i couldnt figure it out at first then i realize the joke. As for smoking, I smoke, and still do, I have smoked for like 6 years now since i was like 16, but on and off since i was 13. And it does sucks, cuz i have asthma which does not usually go with smoking cigs. oh well

Why dont you go to your dr. and see if you can get
this prescription "Chantix" if you want to quit?
Im concerned about your asthma since you smoke,
it is not good.

That's funny, I didn't know you could get cancer from just one cigarette. I only "stress smoke"...but I've been stressed 24/7 for the past year. But whatever I don't want to live to be 100. I plan on dying peacfully when I'm 70.

If you want to die "peacefully" then don't smoke. Once permanent respiratory damage sets in, it will not be a peacefull death. It will be a long slow miserable death I can promise you. I see patients every day going through this long slow miserable death because they insisted on smoking.

If you want to die "peacefully" then don't smoke. Once permanent respiratory damage sets in, it will not be a peacefull death. It will be a long slow miserable death I can promise you. I see patients every day going through this long slow miserable death because they insisted on smoking.

Oh, you are so right!! I have seen my father in law dying from
lung cancer due to his years of heaving smoking...it was just
horrendous to watch him die in hospice. My hubby was just
petrified that it would happen to him too, that is why he was
desperate to quit and Thank God, the dr. told him about this
wonderful new drug, Chantix cuz otherwise he wouldnt be able
to quit. He has smoked for over 30 years! So far, so good, he is
still smoke free!

My hubby quit smoking at 3 years ago which is great but my teenage son open to me that he is smoking. (thanks to his peers)... He claimed that he smoke rarely but I warn him that "rare" COULD lead addiction... Look at my hubby... He started to smoke when he was my son's age... and then addicted the smoking... quit at 3 years ago... My son were like :ugh3: and tried to convince us that he is not my hubby... I told him that he will remember my warning and I did smoked when I was 10 years old and know it's bad and quit... I am really glad that I am not addict on smoking... My son were like :ugh3:

We can't do anything to forbid him but keep on nerve him about smoking issues... :giggle:

Oh dear! Im worried about your son started to smoke! please keep
warning him the dangers of smoking...My hubby is doing so well with
his prescription but he is still craving for cigs so he will have to stay
on it for a few more weeks..it is a terrible addiction! ugh, ugh!

Ok.. Ill admit it.. I have the occasional pack a day ... But it's not like I'm training for the olympics!

I did give up drinking beer though.. WAY to many calories! but the whiskey's really putting a hurting on me!

seriously though.. I have thought about quitting.. but I realized.. I enjoy it.. But I think that once you stop enjoying it.. then it will be the time to stop.. That or when you enter med school.. yah.. I think they frown on that ..

Ok.. Ill admit it.. I have the occasional pack a day ... But it's not like I'm training for the olympics!

I did give up drinking beer though.. WAY to many calories! but the whiskey's really putting a hurting on me!

seriously though.. I have thought about quitting.. but I realized.. I enjoy it.. But I think that once you stop enjoying it.. then it will be the time to stop.. That or when you enter med school.. yah.. I think they frown on that ..

Well, it wouldnt hurt to quit while you can cuz it is very addictive!
And if you have trouble quitting, theres always the prescription,
Chantix, its great!
And for the beer and other alcoholic drinks, they are not good either.
Not only they are fattening, people can become alcoholics if they keep
drinking alcololic drinks. Thats another addiction!

Well, it wouldnt hurt to quit while you can cuz it is very addictive!
And if you have trouble quitting, theres always the prescription,
Chantix, its great!
And for the beer and other alcoholic drinks, they are not good either.
Not only they are fattening, people can become alcoholics if they keep
drinking alcololic drinks. Thats another addiction!

I just started taking Chantix as of last Friday (Nov 30th) and I've had some bouts of nausea but it only happens for a couple hours after I take the pill then it goes away. I have to keep on smoking for a week while I'm taking Chantix and on the 8th day I'll quit. Today is my 4th day on it and I am already starting to feel "sick" of smoking. I lit a cigarette this morning and I couldn't enjoy it. It felt like I was breathing in smog. I think it's working so far. My insurance covered like 2/3 of the cost while I covered the rest (Ins paid 62 dollars while I paid 40 for a month's supply). Not too bad - compared to buying 35 dollars worth of cigarettes a week = $140 a month.

Wish me luck!

Back